Obama calling in the four leaders

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

Progress? Obama invites congressional leaders for talks on shutdown - CNN.com

The ACA is NOT up for discussion.

who explains his 'intransigence':eusa_eh:

Lord have mercy, has there ever been a wearker president in American history? :eusa_shifty:

This boy has no stomach for a fight......any fight. Fresh off getting punk'd by putin, yesterday he tells a pack of moonbats: "I WILL NOT NEGOTIATE (at which point they start cheering before he finishes the sentence) BLAH BLAH BLAH".

So what happens today? He's meeting with Boner and the boys at the White House this afternoon....for what? To roll up some "fish" and snort a few lines of "poi"? :eusa_eh:

Nope. To negotiate an end to the "make it hurt" mission Barry and Hairy have laid on the American public....you know, us fly-over country taxpayers who fund their lavish lifestyle.

After which he'll either proclaim he's the only one who cares about us and enable Joe/Jane Public a year's worth of time-out on his individual mandate. Or, to show he will indeed talk to the GOP as well as his new pal in Iran and tell us he didn't back down.

But he will back down. He always has. Since childhood. It's why the only men he wants to be around are old white queers. And Reggie. :lol:

The meeting actually has to happen first. As I mentioned earlier, Boner might be too chickenshit to cross the wingnuts his own caucus to go to it.

I believe it to be happening as I type this.....and I doubt Boner is frightened by anything the Kenyan has to bring....this meeting like all the others will result in Barry getting everybody arguing with each other. He will pretend to listen, remind everybody he's the president so they'll stop laughing at him, and the meeting will end with nothing happening. Barry will then sneak away from Moochelle's withering stare to grab a round of golf (which he sucks at).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHt5TUj-HWc]FLASHBACK: Boehner: Obamacare is the Law of the Land - YouTube[/ame]

The four leaders:

Senate Dems Harry Reid
House Dems Nancy Pelosi

Senate GOP Mitch McConnell
House GOP Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Alberta) :lol:

Obama brand red line eraser:

2uHihdKWR-bmNcjJTp-T7KN4OlQjy3gt7DYdKx0LYGgoDRCFBRvbyPll_UJAQcfrNQGU=w300

Wrong thread, I presume? I mean, I'd hate to think you just tried to change the subject because ya got nothin.

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

I read somewhere - and I can't find a link for it ATM - that the Teahdist wing of the House GOP has told the Speaker they don't want him to negotiate face-to-face with the Prez anymore.

Yeah, I remember when Boehner refused to take meetings with the President anymore.

This is a shit stew of their own making. They can either knock it the fuck off, or watch their numbers continue to drop. But the TPM just found out that their bullshit can only take them so far.

I read somewhere - and I can't find a link for it ATM - that the Teahdist wing of the House GOP has told the Speaker they don't want him to negotiate face-to-face with the Prez anymore.

i call bullshit

So HAS this meeting actually happened?

Pelosi added that “It was a worthwhile meeting. I’m glad we held it. We had some, shall we say, candid discussion, but we won’t get into that.”

Ahead of the meeting, Obama expressed exasperation with Republicans.

“During the course of my presidency, I have bent over backwards to work with the Republican Party and have purposely kept my rhetoric down,” the president said in an interview with CNBC. “I think I’m pretty well known for being a calm guy; sometimes people think I’m too calm. But am I exasperated? Absolutely, I’m exasperated. Because this is entirely unnecessary.”

Obama also warned investors they should take the threat of a default seriously — after markets had brushed off for weeks the brinksmanship in Washington as the usual partisan theatrics.

“This time, I think Wall Street should be concerned,” Obama said on CNBC. “When you have a situation in which a faction is willing to default on U.S. obligations, then we are in trouble.”

At White House meeting, Obama tells top lawmakers he won't negotiate - The Washington Post

i call bullshit

It might be, since I can't find a reliable link.

Forum List

Back