Obama calling in the four leaders

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has invited congressional leaders to the White House on Wednesday to discuss the need to reopen the government and raise the federal debt ceiling, according to the White House and a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner.

The Boehner spokesman, Brendan Buck, confirmed the meeting was set for 5:30 p.m. ET.

"We're pleased the president finally recognizes that his refusal to negotiate is indefensible," Buck said. "It's unclear why we'd be having this meeting if it's not meant to be a start to serious talks between the two parties."

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

Progress? Obama invites congressional leaders for talks on shutdown - CNN.com

The ACA is NOT up for discussion.

and this why the burden falls more on dems than on the pubs. clinton and gingrich worked far better than this. but the dems and obama refuse to negotiate....however....they will delay obamacare for corps and their cronies, but not the american people.

that does not make sense.

It will be fun to watch the posturing after the meeting is over

Boehner has painted himself into a corner and Obama is not going to offer him a way out

and this is why obama is a shit leader. when clinton had this issue he constantly met with and worked with gingrich to make a compromise. obama is not a king, he alone does not rule the government. when he figures this out, then we will have our government back.

1239944_650566984965170_1234463152_n.jpg

dems controlled the house you idiot

:lol:

I think that the House should pass a bill that funds Obamacare....

AND NOTHING ELSE!

Lets see if the Democrats will negotiate then.

Anyone want odds?

The only serious talks that will occur is him making them look him in the eye while they explain their intransigence.

When they look him [Obama] in the eye and say, "You have to give something up or we walk out the door" will you then blame them for Obama not compromising?

The ACA is not negotiable.

Did you tell Obama? He keeps changing it

I think that the House should pass a bill that funds Obamacare....

AND NOTHING ELSE!

Lets see if the Democrats will negotiate then.

Anyone want odds?

Why does that sound retarded? Are you playing retarded music in the background? Because that really sounds retarded.
I'm just highlighting your idiocy.

After all, YOU WON"T DO ANYTHING without Obamacare.

So we'll give it to you and nothing else.

Now sound like a broken record and insult the GOP for your own failings....

Nada damn thing.

But that's different!
They offered unconditional funding for the Federal government with one exception. 99% of everything the Democrats want.

Try again.

The exception was unacceptable. They knew that going in.

They tried to call our 'bluff.' See my signature for more information.
Keeping Obamacare intact is unacceptable. They knew it going in.

We HAVE called your bluff and showcased your intractable position for the childish behavior it is.

The Senate is obligated to follow the House's lead in matters of funding.

They offered unconditional funding for the Federal government with one exception. 99% of everything the Democrats want.

Try again.

We HAVE called your bluff and showcased your intractable position for the childish behavior it is.

Nope. We weren't bluffing, therefore and etc.

Your point is invalid.

Your point is invalid.
Sorry, but neither was the GOP...and they passed the first bill....it puts the onus on the Senate and the Democrats.....They have failed to live up to their job obligations and have shut down the government.

Remind Me to send them a thank you note.

Your point is invalid.
Sorry, but neither was the GOP...and they passed the first bill....it puts the onus on the Senate and the Democrats.....They have failed to live up to their job obligations and have shut down the government.

Why; do you have Alzheimer's?

Your point is invalid.

Make sure you include a 'thank you' for this act of spitefulness:

Ace of Spades HQ
Shutdown Theater Goes Grand Guignol: Completely Self-Sustaining Tourist Attraction Ordered Shut Down for First Time In History

By order of the King.

The Colonial Williamsburg-type historical recreation never closed through all the shutdowns of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Because, of course, it was self-sufficient, as it charges money for entry, and keeps (shock!) a balanced budget.

The difference this time?

Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. And the Unified Caucus of the Leftist Media.

The National Park Service has ordered the closure of a Virginia park that sits on federal land, even though the government provides no resources for its maintenance or operation.

The Claude Moore Colonial Farm announced on Wednesday that NPS has ordered it to suspend operations until Congress agrees to a deal to fund the federal government.

According to Anna Eberly, managing director of the farm, NPS sent law enforcement agents to the park on Tuesday evening to remove staff and volunteers from the property.

“You do have to wonder about the wisdom of an organization that would use staff they don’t have the money to pay to evict visitors from a park site that operates without costing them any money,” she said.

The park withstood prior government shutdowns, noting in a news release that the farm will be closed to the public for the first time in 40 years.

“In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm,” Eberly explained in an emailed statement.

“In all the years I have worked with the National Park Service … I have never worked with a more arrogant, arbitrary and vindictive group representing the NPS,” Eberly said.

She called the decision “utter crap.”

“We have operated the Farm successfully for 32 years after the NPS cut the Farm from its budget in 1980 and are fully staffed and prepared to open today. But there are barricades at the Pavilions and entrance to the Farm,” Eberly explained.

not one single dem on this board has answered why it is ok for corps and dem cronies to get a year waiver and not the american people. why does obama unilaterally get to decide who gets a one year waiver, yet, he won't negotiate with the pubs for a one year waiver for the people.

he is not the king, no matter how bad you want him to be

The ACA is NOT going to happen....and why would anybody want to "look him in the eye"? He's a homosexual halfrican pretty boy who bowled a 37....a 37! :lol: You want free healthcare get a real job or head down to the ER with the negroes and illegals.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back