Obama completely bungled Syria

Had he said nothing, you guys would say the same thing, that he has no clue what to do, and is allowing the radical Muslims to unleash hell over there. So say something or nothing, you would've ripped him for it.

What I don't get is this:

Say nothing: You'd be mad he didn't set a red line (which would've been crossed and then require military action)
Say something: Which he did, and they crossed it, and now seems to require military action

My question is, why are you folks so obsessed with HAVING to resort to military action all over the damn place? WE ARE NOT THE WORLD POLICE.

Very True:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...like-a-leader-of-the-free-world-on-syria.html

Obama needs to kick it to congress. Congress needs to stop the insanity and refuse any military action.

One can only hope.

That's what Cameron did..

And actually it was nice hearing some coherent arguments from both sides in parliament from both sides.

It was a huge blow to Cameron, but I think he did the right thing.

Obama needs to kick it to congress. Congress needs to stop the insanity and refuse any military action.

One can only hope.

Agree but, as usual, they're on vacation. There will be a lot of dead bodies piled up while we wait for them to saunter back to DC where they will ignore the real and very pressing issues in favor of another phony vote against ObamaCare.

Meanwhile, here at USMess, very noticeably missing from the Obama haters' posts is any content. Just anti-America stuff that doesn't even make sense.

Traitors always side with other countries.

Talk about losing friends and making enemies. Obama stepped in more shit . At a news conference Obama talked about Putin's body language.

Obama said Putin looked like a bored kid at the back of a classroom.

:lol:

Reports are Putin is pissed. Obama the diplomat strikes again.

"Stepped in Shit" because he was left shit to begin with.

Ronald "I can't ship poison gas fast enough to the Iraqis" started the shit when Iraq started using "dual use" items against the Iranians during the Iraq-Iran conflict. Selling Iraqis military gear and chemical weapon tech/ingredients was very poor form.

Then George W "I can't wait long enough to unleash hell on the Iraqis" sealed the deal when he attacked Iraq over absolutely nothing. This had multiple consequences:

1. It allowed Russia and China to go on military adventures of their own (Georgia and Tibet).
2. It created a huge power vacuum in the region which Iran sorta filled.
3. It showed "rebels" in the region that they could go after their own governments.

Not sure what "solution" you guys are advocating, because when you have the ball, you guys sure like to muck things up in the name of American Imperialism.

Bush and the democratic controlled congress did not leave him Syria this is all by his own choosing.

I oppose action in Syria, like I opposed the invasion of Iraq. However I will stand behind the President and our men and women in uniform in whatever action, or lack thereof, he decides and hope that few to no US lives are lost.

Congress does not convene until Sep 9th

Just one thing that still prevents him

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

I'll concede if you can show me how Syria is a threat on a national emergency scale, and has attacked us.

War powers act, you might have heard of it.

Second, syria allowed its territory to be used by terrorists for years to attack and kill US troops in iraq.

3rd, anyone with brains would not stand for the mass slaughter of women and children.

4th, someday, like in 1776, we might need help, and with the stupid fuck-ass attitude of the mentally lazy "it's not our war", "stay out of that fight, both sides are bad" drivel spewing out of the dimwits of this forum and country, it is likely we'll be left to hang - just as we have left the FSA to do so.

This country used to stand for something, now all we have is reflexive, infantile idiots pushing keyboard buttons pretending they have an ounce of wisdom to offer. But they don't.

Congress does not convene until Sep 9th

(c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

I'll concede if you can show me how Syria is a threat on a national emergency scale, and has attacked us.

Second, syria allowed its territory to be used by terrorists for years to attack and kill US troops in iraq.

3rd, anyone with brains would not stand for the mass slaughter of women and children.

4th, someday, like in 1776, we might need help, and with the stupid fuck-ass attitude of the mentally lazy "it's not our war", "stay out of that fight, both sides are bad" drivel spewing out of the dimwits of this forum and country, it is likely we'll be left to hang - just as we have left the FSA to do so.

This country used to stand for something, now all we have is reflexive, infantile idiots pushing keyboard buttons pretending they have an ounce of wisdom to offer. But they don't.

America has no brains---we sat and watched millions die in the Congo/Rwanda.

This is like watching a row of dominoes fall or a house of cards collapse. obama is fully capable of compensating his wounded pride by punishing the whole nation. Just to assert himself and tell us who is in charge here.

Look what gas has done in the last few days,everyone has to deal with that,and ist all because he is beating the war drum.

America has no brains---we sat and watched millions die in the Congo/Rwanda.

To be fair what were we supposed to attack in Africa? The machete factory? There was no centralized control, no weapons bunkers, no military installations. Just a bunch of psycos with knives and guns.

Forum List

Back