Obama proposes tax cut - will they create jobs?

Except that you and the administration assume that this money will get spent on anything other than paying their current bills.

-TSO
that will be hard to know. a tax cut is usually the better path than direct payoffs to cronies like the stimulus was.

also, a tax cut is more likely to have positive results, as folks see that as an increase in income on their checks. A stimulus is a one time deal, and is used to reduce debt.

At least, that is the way i work it.

The devil is in the details, and he is giving a freebie to his buds in civil service and making the private sector pull up the slack.

So once again Obama is saying that the people are irresponsible and need to have things set up for them to be responsible.
I agree. Folks are idiots with their money. Look at all the people who buy a new car through a loan. Talk about throwing away ten grand even on an Aveo.

Tax cuts are good for the economy until it comes time to tax ourselves more to cover the deficits they create.
Deficit spending is great until it comes time to pay the interest on the deficits it creates.

Sorta like taking out a credit card to keep up your standard of living while you're under-employed.

I think it's pretty hilarious watching politicians spin that spending more $Billions is actually going to bring down the debt. This President just said again that their horrific Health Care debacle will bring down the debt. Say Whaaa?? Their Health Care debacle alone will do nothing to lower health care costs and will certainly not lower debt. It really is hard to fathom how so many can actually believe this bizarre chit. Yikes! :(

Problem is that this guy's actions are 180 out of phase with what he says. He's the Same Obama that beat up on McCain claiming McCain was going to tax your healthcare.. then proposed taxing your healthcare but not that of his union owners. Barry's as full of shit as they come.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
They have to increase taxation on Health Care and they know this. His attacks on McCain were dishonest & shallow. How sad.

I think tax cuts are a good thing.

As far as I can tell none of the tax cuts are geared to creating jobs.

Obama to announce new initiatives for middle class - Road Runner

It seems that he is just trying to buy off the american people.

It looks like Obama is beginning to go in the right direction. He will probably pull a Bill Clinton pretty soon....

I knew all of our hollering would whip this guy into shape.

Nothing is going to whip this guy into shape, he is clueless about how the economy works.

Bill Clinton inherited a great economy that's why he recovered from his health care plan, he also did not promise everyone the moon when he campaigned. Clinton was more of a centrist, Obama is so far left he could be considered a commie. There's your difference.

[

Bill Clinton inherited a great economy that's why he recovered from his health care plan, he also did not promise everyone the moon when he campaigned. Clinton was more of a centrist, Obama is so far left he could be considered a commie. There's your difference.

Bill Clinton inherited what?

Bill Clinton showed you that you could have a good economy and still pay the bills.

[

Bill Clinton inherited what?

Bill Clinton showed you that you could have a good economy and still pay the bills.

And signing the republican budgets was the way to do it.

The Republican controlled Congress forced Clinton to balance the budget. That would not have happened if the Republicans didn't control Congress. Bill Clinton still runs around claiming all the credit for that but it really wouldn't have happened without a Republican controlled Congress. He can keep taking all the credit though because that is his prerogative. Presidents get blamed for everything when things go wrong so i guess it's ok for them to take all the credit for things when they go well. The reality is that the Republicans will have to gain some power back and force this President to get it together. I guess we'll see though.

Doesn't look like any of those planned tax cuts will create a single job since most of them will probably be funded by taxing "the rich".

The rich have been wallowing in an inappropriate, unnecessary (and very expensive) tax break for the past 8 years. It's our turn for some relief... you know, those of us who actually feel the pinch. So their taxes go back up to the rate they were during Clinton. Boo effing hoo. They were still rich back then too, you know...

The rich have been wallowing in an inappropriate, unnecessary (and very expensive) tax break for the past 8 years. It's our turn for some relief... you know, those of us who actually feel the pinch. So their taxes go back up to the rate they were during Clinton. Boo effing hoo. They were still rich back then too, you know...

^ Moron post alert.. see above. ^

Another broke ass bitch suffering from "I HATE THE RICH" syndrome. What a fucking idiot.

^ Moron post alert.. see above. ^

Can you refute anything I said? Those tax breaks did nothing but cause more damage to the economy. They did NOT grow the economy. They did NOT create jobs. They did NOT trickle down to the rest of us. Did they? It may not have been so bad if shrub didn't get all twitchy about Iraq for no reason. Oh wait, there was a reason. $$$$ for Haliburton and his cronies at the MIC... I forgot.

ps. I can pretty much bet that you out-moron me by a mile, judging from your "righty talky point of the day" posts.

Last edited:
Yup. The Reagan tax cuts created the longest economic expansion in American history and at the same time the federal government collected nearly double the revenue.

Forum List

Back