Obama’s gay marriage balancing act gets awkward

I think he does. Related to why Prop 8 passed in California even as Obama cruised to victory there.

As a California resident, I can tell you for a fact Prop 8 passed due to the Mormon Church pumping tens of millions into lying ads that claimed kindergarten students would be forced to learn about gay sex.

True story.

Now, imagine Obama saying he's for marriage equality. How much money will the Koch brothers spend on lying attack ads?

even for someone as ironically named as you, this is weak

What's weak about it? Mormons and the Mormon Church contributed over half of the $40M raised in favour of Prop 8. More than any other group. The ads were blatant lies. You're telling me they wouldn't do this against Obama? The Koch brothers wouldn't?

I think he does. Related to why Prop 8 passed in California even as Obama cruised to victory there.

As a California resident, I can tell you for a fact Prop 8 passed due to the Mormon Church pumping tens of millions into lying ads that claimed kindergarten students would be forced to learn about gay sex.

True story.

Now, imagine Obama saying he's for marriage equality. How much money will the Koch brothers spend on lying attack ads?

They were right because gay sex and homosexual relationships are being taught in California schools.

In sex ed classes to high school students. VERY different.

True story.

They were right because gay sex and homosexual relationships are being taught in California schools.

SURRRREEEE

Aside from Heather has two mommies, and King and King there is

CA First State to Now Teach Gay History to Kindergarten Kids « Newsdesk International's Blog

“Coming Out Day”: California Kindergarten Teacher Has Kids Sign Pro-Gay Pledge Cards « JONATHAN TURLEY

California schools will need help on teaching about gays - Los Angeles Times

True story.

Link us to the curriculum guide.

True story.

Link us to the curriculum guide.

according to the la times, they haven't promulgated one yet

SURRRREEEE

Aside from Heather has two mommies, and King and King there is

CA First State to Now Teach Gay History to Kindergarten Kids « Newsdesk International's Blog

“Coming Out Day”: California Kindergarten Teacher Has Kids Sign Pro-Gay Pledge Cards « JONATHAN TURLEY

California schools will need help on teaching about gays - Los Angeles Times

Did you even read the links you posted?

There is nothing in any of them about sex. Of any kind.

What else you got?

Blacks and Hispanics overwhelmingly oppose gay marriage.

This is the fundamental reason Obama will not speak to the issue until after the election, in my opinion.

This is the fundamental reason Obama will not speak to the issue until after the election, in my opinion.

Bullseye,, he's caught between "a baaa rock and a hard place." :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73oZ_pe1MZ8]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Wow -- I agree with you. I think the president will hold off saying anything definitive before the election in order not to turn off those among his base who oppose gay marriage, and then once he has their votes in hand, he'll finish "evolving".

Yes, and?

AIDS should go along way towards solving this. You guys pass that around like party favors.

If you are talking men...yes, sometimes it seems that way. Women, particularly gay women, seem to be a little better off in that regard. That's what you were getting at, I'm sure.

He isn't saying anything at the moment, but he will when he's re-elected.

Why is he waiting?

He doesn't want to turn off his religious minority base, and apparently he can count on people like Seawytch to give him extra points for being cunning like that. It's a win-win for him to wait.

Oh yea, since he fulfilled his promises to them last time. I guess he can fool his base all of the time.

Did you even read the links you posted?

There is nothing in any of them about sex. Of any kind.

What else you got?

As I said, had you paid attention, the schools are promoting the normalcy of homosexual relationships.

Define "overwhelmingly". Give us the % figures for blacks for/against Prop 8 and the same for hispanics.

In the exit polling 70% of blacks voted for Prop 8.

The Latino vote was 53% for Prop 8.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

The OP is probably young because he is missing something fundamental. It genuinely doesn't matter what Obama thinks.

Reagan didn't want to pass the most Liberal Abortion policy as government of California, but it became politically expedient given the women's movement. Reagan didn't want to pass the largest Amnesty Bill in the history of the country, but he wanted to break union control of labor. Nixon didn't want to start the EPA, but he was forced to respond to mounting pressure. Clinton didn't want to make the largest cuts to Welfare since the programs inception but he was forced to respond to the national consensus for what were perceived as hand-outs to the undeserving.

The Right acts like Obama is some demon coming after guns and grandma. They don't understand the politics of the possible. Obama gains nothing by taking on that issue - he only loses segments of the population who he needs. Obama is not Stalin you morons. He's Jimmy Carter. He doesn't have the political power to rock the boat. He couldn't even keep his Blue Dogs in line when he had majorities in both chambers. This is why he has amounted to a 3rd term of Bush. . . . which is why we have the tax cuts, the Patriot Act, and everything else Bush put in motion.

Define "overwhelmingly". Give us the % figures for blacks for/against Prop 8 and the same for hispanics.

In the exit polling 70% of blacks voted for Prop 8.

The Latino vote was 53% for Prop 8.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

"Reports of overwhelming African American support for Proposition 8's ban on same-sex marriage were exaggerated in exit polls, a new look at the November election results has found.

"Party identification, age, religiosity and political view had much bigger effects than race, gender or having gay and lesbian family and friends," said Patrick Egan of New York University, who wrote the report with Kenneth Sherrill of Hunter College of New York for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.

Exit polls found that 70 percent of black voters backed Prop. 8 on Nov. 4, even as they overwhelmingly supported Democratic Sen. Barack Obama, who opposed the same-sex marriage ban.

But an analysis of precinct-level voting data on Prop. 8 from Alameda, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco counties, which are home to nearly two-thirds of California's black voters, suggested that African American support for Prop. 8 was more likely about 58 percent."

Read more: Black support for Prop. 8 called exaggeration

With that said, as a Republican - I didn't vote for Obama in '08 and won't be voting for him in '12, my vote will be based on the economy and real change to create jobs, not Same-sex Civil Marriage.

>>>>

Last edited:

As I said, had you paid attention, the schools are promoting the normalcy of homosexual relationships.

Yes. Which is completely different from teaching 5-year olds about gay sex, wouldn't you agree?

Forum List

Back