Obama Sucks At Basketball

Here's something to make the ODS cranks on this thread look really dumb. I mean, dumber than usual.

Michael Lewis: Obama?s Way | Vanity Fair
---
Obama was 20 or more years older than most of them, and probably not as physically gifted, though it was hard to say because of the age differences. No one held back, no one deferred. Guys on his team dribbled past him and ignored the fact he was wide open. When he drives through the streets, crowds part, but when he drives to the basket large, hostile men slide over to cut him off. It’s revealing that he would seek out a game like this but even more that others would give it to him: no one watching would have been able to guess which guy was president. As a player on the other team, who must have outweighed Obama by a hundred pounds, backed the president of the United States down and knocked the crap out of him, all for the sake of a single layup, I leaned over to the former Florida State point guard.

“No one seems to be taking it easy on him,” I said.

“If you take it easy on him, you’re not invited back,” he explained.

Obama could find a perfectly respectable game with his equals in which he could shoot and score and star, but this is the game he wants to play. It’s ridiculously challenging, and he has very little space to maneuver, but he appears happy. He’s actually just good enough to be useful to his team, as it turns out. Not flashy, but he slides in to take charges, passes well, and does a lot of little things well. The only risk he takes is his shot, but he shoots so seldom, and so carefully, that it actually isn’t much of a risk at all. (He smiles when he misses; when he makes one, he looks even more serious.) “Spacing is big. He knows where to go,” said one of the other players as we watched. “And unlike a lot of lefties, he can go to his right.”

And he chattered constantly. “You can’t leave him open like that!” … “Money!” … “Take that shot!” His team jumped ahead, mainly because it took fewer stupid shots. When I threw one up I discovered the reason for this. When you are on the president’s basketball team and you take a stupid shot, the president of the United States screams at you. “Don’t be looking to the sidelines all sheepish,” he hollered at me. “You got to get back and play D!”
---

Now, do you expect me to believe that NBA players weren't taking it easy on Obama?

I've played college players and guys that spend all day playing 365 days a year and I can barely hold my own, but I usually don't win. We get our asses kicked. (My game is football anyway, so fuck it) I'm sure they put guys on Obama's team that can help him win. It's easy being on a team where all of your teammates are really good. All you do is dish the ball to them when they're in a position to score.

Even without practice and not having shot a basket in years I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that I could do better than 2-22. (I haven't been that bad since I was 7 years old)

I know that I'm average. Obama knows it too but his supporters went out of their way to produce an ad showing how good he is for a President of the United States.

Wow. He's the best basketball player president in history.

Also the only basketball player president in history.

Last edited:
Now, do you expect me to believe that NBA players weren't taking it easy on Obama?

You? No, because your ODS has made you irrational.

However, normal people will note that it wasn't "NBA players". It was older former college players, only playing an occasional pickup game. Given Obama was a high school player, then yes, he can compete.

obama sucks at _________

Now you fill in the blank.

Obama sucks at being the President of the USA.

His ideal full time job should be that of a used car salesman (no offence to the used car sales people)

He has the gift of the gab you see. :eusa_liar:

Actually Obama isn't a bad ball-handler and he has decent form with his shots.
Now 2 for 22 is pretty damn poor but then we have NBA players get paid a zillion dollars and many don't shoot 80% from the line and that's pathetic. I have played ball since I was five and I still play in leagues at the club I belong to and I know I shoot around 90% and I paying my club to play. What's up with dat?
But I do have a theory. I think Obama thought to himself, "for every shot I make, that'll be one less gun I'll confiscate". :woohoo: Shit, I'm surprised he made any shots at all! :eek: :D
I know of what I speak,,I am,,Basketball Jones!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something to make the ODS cranks on this thread look really dumb. I mean, dumber than usual.

Michael Lewis: Obama?s Way | Vanity Fair
---
Obama was 20 or more years older than most of them, and probably not as physically gifted, though it was hard to say because of the age differences. No one held back, no one deferred. Guys on his team dribbled past him and ignored the fact he was wide open. When he drives through the streets, crowds part, but when he drives to the basket large, hostile men slide over to cut him off. It’s revealing that he would seek out a game like this but even more that others would give it to him: no one watching would have been able to guess which guy was president. As a player on the other team, who must have outweighed Obama by a hundred pounds, backed the president of the United States down and knocked the crap out of him, all for the sake of a single layup, I leaned over to the former Florida State point guard.

“No one seems to be taking it easy on him,” I said.

“If you take it easy on him, you’re not invited back,” he explained.

Obama could find a perfectly respectable game with his equals in which he could shoot and score and star, but this is the game he wants to play. It’s ridiculously challenging, and he has very little space to maneuver, but he appears happy. He’s actually just good enough to be useful to his team, as it turns out. Not flashy, but he slides in to take charges, passes well, and does a lot of little things well. The only risk he takes is his shot, but he shoots so seldom, and so carefully, that it actually isn’t much of a risk at all. (He smiles when he misses; when he makes one, he looks even more serious.) “Spacing is big. He knows where to go,” said one of the other players as we watched. “And unlike a lot of lefties, he can go to his right.”

And he chattered constantly. “You can’t leave him open like that!” … “Money!” … “Take that shot!” His team jumped ahead, mainly because it took fewer stupid shots. When I threw one up I discovered the reason for this. When you are on the president’s basketball team and you take a stupid shot, the president of the United States screams at you. “Don’t be looking to the sidelines all sheepish,” he hollered at me. “You got to get back and play D!”
---

I've played college players and guys that spend all day playing 365 days a year and I can barely hold my own, but I usually don't win. We get our asses kicked. (My game is football anyway, so fuck it) I'm sure they put guys on Obama's team that can help him win. It's easy being on a team where all of your teammates are really good. All you do is dish the ball to them when they're in a position to score.

Even without practice and not having shot a basket in years I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that I could do better than 2-22. (I haven't been that bad since I was 7 years old)

I know that I'm average. Obama knows it too but his supporters went out of their way to produce an ad showing how good he is for a President of the United States.

Wow. He's the best basketball player president in history.

Also the only basketball player president in history.

Mudwhistle sucks at research:

Gerald Ford:
1943_Gerald_Ford_WWII_Basketball_USS_Monterey_view1.jpg

Jimmy Carter (back row, second from left):
car0-020.jpg

Ronald Reagan (third from left, back row):
h115.jpg

(No photo available of George H.W. Bush, captain of Andover Basketball team...)

george-w-bush-usa-basketball.jpg

Bill-Clinton-Basketball--1886.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
The most athletic president was probably Gerald Ford who showed promise as a professional football player. But, more people remember Ford as he was portrayed by Chevy Chase on SNL than remember Ford as he really was. Just as more people believe that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house".

Forum List

Back