obama to have instant access to cell phones

What I think this is, is a recycled story from 2011 and one blogger went dramatic and other blogs picked it up.
If you look up the article more than one blog posted the same rant word for word.
So until you provide a link that isn't a right wing blog I am calling bullshit.

I just had the real thing happen on my iPhone. Huge big noise and an alarm for a flash flood warning. Funny thing is, through tornadoes and really huge storms, I've never gotten that alarm before.

Before poor screwy, paranoid katzen gets all hysterical, its probably just an improvement to a weather app.

But, if it would make katzen happy, its okay with me if he/she/it believes its Big Brother Barry.

This isn't a monthly test to make sure an emergency system is working.
I didn't say it was a monthly test, I said it was akin to the Emergency Broadcast System that most of us only recall as having tests on our TV stations. It is the same thing, a national emergency warning system.

When a republican president has access to every cell phone democrats will be the first to call it intrusive.
Don't overestimate everyone else's ability to be as batshit crazy as you. This has nothing to do with politics.

You know you can shut that notification off if you want to. The whole point of the obamanotices is that you won't be able to shut them off.
No, the whole point of the presidential alert system is to be able to communicate with citizens if national crisis happens.

The FCC took a number of steps in facilitating the ability of consumers to receive emergency alerts through their wireless phones. In 2008, the Commission issued a series of orders adopting requirements for a Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS), a system by which commercial mobile service (CMS) providers may transmit emergency alerts to their subscribers, if they choose to do so.
Under the rules adopted by the FCC:

• The CMAS would consist of an end-to-end system by which an Alert Aggregator/Gateway would receive, authenticate, validate and format Federal, state, tribal and local alerts and then forward them to the appropriate CMS Provider Gateway. The CMS Provider Gateway and associated infrastructure would process the alerts and transmit them to subscriber handsets.
  • Subscribers could receive up to three classes of text-based alerts, such as Presidential, Imminent Threat (e.g., tornado), and Amber Alerts.
Funny shit eh, according to that KatzandDogs retard's irrational rants Obama must have been running the FCC before he even took office.

You missed the words IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. The way it is setting up for obama you don't get to make that choice. That's what's wrong.

They already had instant access to our television sets...no real surprise that they're introducing this to cellphones.

You won't be able to turn him off either.

AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama ? That You Can?t Switch Off | The Gateway Pundit

Once installed, AMBER and Emergency alerts are automatically sent to your phone unless you switch them off via Settings. However, should you be tired of Obama, just know that there’s no way to switch off Presidential alerts.

Will ALL presidents have this ability? Or, does obama just think he's not leaving.

Wow! So now not only will he personally be listening in on every conversation we have, he will respond to us too! Aren't we lucky to have a president with such god-like powers?

You will have a president by your side every minute of every hour of every day. For those who just can't get enough obama, it's a good thing.

just love the sources that right wing nutzies get to post on such credible news sources, but hey if chicken little is what you want.....

This isn't a monthly test to make sure an emergency system is working.
I didn't say it was a monthly test, I said it was akin to the Emergency Broadcast System that most of us only recall as having tests on our TV stations. It is the same thing, a national emergency warning system.

Don't overestimate everyone else's ability to be as batshit crazy as you. This has nothing to do with politics.

No, the whole point of the presidential alert system is to be able to communicate with citizens if national crisis happens.

The FCC took a number of steps in facilitating the ability of consumers to receive emergency alerts through their wireless phones. In 2008, the Commission issued a series of orders adopting requirements for a Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS), a system by which commercial mobile service (CMS) providers may transmit emergency alerts to their subscribers, if they choose to do so.
Under the rules adopted by the FCC:

• The CMAS would consist of an end-to-end system by which an Alert Aggregator/Gateway would receive, authenticate, validate and format Federal, state, tribal and local alerts and then forward them to the appropriate CMS Provider Gateway. The CMS Provider Gateway and associated infrastructure would process the alerts and transmit them to subscriber handsets.
  • Subscribers could receive up to three classes of text-based alerts, such as Presidential, Imminent Threat (e.g., tornado), and Amber Alerts.
Funny shit eh, according to that KatzandDogs retard's irrational rants Obama must have been running the FCC before he even took office.

You missed the words IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. The way it is setting up for obama you don't get to make that choice. That's what's wrong.

Please provide a link backing that up

Where is a source stating this that isn't a right wing blog?
I tried to find one and couldn't.
Please link me to a creditable nonpartisan site and I might be inclined to to believe you.

I know I can shut it off. I chose not to, for the simple fact it might be my child one day.
Please provide a link that isn't a right wing blog.

What I think this is, is a recycled story from 2011 and one blogger went dramatic and other blogs picked it up.
If you look up the article more than one blog posted the same rant word for word.

I see that zany Katzndogz hasn't gotten back to you, quelle surprise!, even though she posted after you.

Where is a source stating this that isn't a right wing blog?
I tried to find one and couldn't.
Please link me to a creditable nonpartisan site and I might be inclined to to believe you.

I know I can shut it off. I chose not to, for the simple fact it might be my child one day.
Please provide a link that isn't a right wing blog.

I see that zany Katzndogz hasn't gotten back to you, quelle surprise!, even though she posted after you.

Yeah I noticed that. Me thinks she couldn't find anything else to back up the right wing blog.

This isn't a monthly test to make sure an emergency system is working. When a republican president has access to every cell phone democrats will be the first to call it intrusive.

We might not be able to shut obama's blather off but we can delete his alerts with a smiling "take that you miserable usurper."

If being able to send my phone a message is "having access" to my telephone - then the entire fucking world has access to it. You just need to dial the right number idiot.

What I don't get is, why people make a big deal about this, but have no problem with the whole rest of the world spying on them.
Boston Bombing was a prime example. Most of those photos came from private sources, along with video surveillance. If you add in Facebook etc. your whole life is being documented by private companies.
Look at where the NSA went for help.

What I don't get is, why people make a big deal about this, but have no problem with the whole rest of the world spying on them.
Boston Bombing was a prime example. Most of those photos came from private sources, along with video surveillance. If you add in Facebook etc. your whole life is being documented by private companies.
Look at where the NSA went for help.

because its USMB's rw nutter Queen :up: Katzndogz

You won't be able to turn him off either.

AT&T to Load iPhones With Emergency Alerts From Obama ? That You Can?t Switch Off | The Gateway Pundit

Once installed, AMBER and Emergency alerts are automatically sent to your phone unless you switch them off via Settings. However, should you be tired of Obama, just know that there’s no way to switch off Presidential alerts.

Will ALL presidents have this ability? Or, does obama just think he's not leaving.

Wow! So now not only will he personally be listening in on every conversation we have, he will respond to us too! Aren't we lucky to have a president with such god-like powers?

Can watch you too
:eusa_shhh:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/298895-big-brother-alert.html#post7393283

Please provide a link backing that up

It's right there in the same link I source/quoted:

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Title IV, Sect. 601, Paragraph 2, Subsection E , Look it up

:eusa_shhh:
(want the line and sentence number also?)
:razz:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back