Obama to Normalize Relations with Cuba

To those of you who feel this is a mistake I ask: How successful has the embargo been in ridding Cuba of a Communist regime?

It seems that the burden of proof is on your side while you offer no defense of the current policy. We've tried this embargo since 1961. I was a lad of four and Captain Kangaroo was on TV. Today, fifty four years hence, the embargo has done nothing but further isolate the Cubans from western society.

So I ask again, after so many years, what good has our policy wrought?
Remind me how dictators supported by the US were bad but now communist dictators are not bad?

Here is a historical fact some of you can chew on... The US Embargo on Cuba as a matter of law, can be lifted at ANY TIME! The law itself lays out precisely what Cuba must do, which is basically to allow Democracy to her people. No one has prevented that from happening other than the Castros.

Do any of you air-brain morons not find it the least bit ironic.... We just severely sanctioned Venezuela for human rights violations which they were taught by the Cuban government?

hmmmmm, so why are we trading with China? they have horrific human rights violations going on and we reward them with even more business, they are the largest Communist Nation in the world.... so what is it that makes Cuba worse than China? Seriously....?

China hasn't threaten to nuke us. So far.
There are no nukes in cuba, but I am certain you know that we had them removed...

Yet THERE ARE NUKES in China....

Honestly, you all seem like you are going a bit over the top with this....

Tell that to the Cubans who are protesting in Miami.
You probably were not born yet when we had to go through that Cuban Missile Crisis.
If you had gone through that experience you would understand why.

I went thru the Cuban Missile Crisis....the early 60s are gone now.

Yes they are, but the same man is still in power and he has not changed, he can just a easily make the same deal with Putin.
Did you go through those stupid school drills too?
Did you think that it would have kept us safe?
Man that was stupid, useless drills.

The embargo isn't ended. It is relaxed a bit. Only congress can end it. The effect will be to greatly increase the power and prestige of the Castros.

Boss and Timothy Alaska and Uncensored 2008 show their ODD syndrome in action.

Knee Jerk reactions all.

Investment and tourism will rapidly improve a situation that 60 years of stupidity have not.

Yeah Nothing like rewarding a dictator and making him and his brother rich.

Peach, I am sure this is what some in court of George III said the Treaty of Paris in 1783.

This is not about you or us in general. This is good for the Cubans. The Castros will die soon, and life will be better for the Cuban people.

We cannot make Cubans or Iraqis or Vietnamese into copies of us.

That is not America's job, don't you get that?

Knee Jerk reactions all.

Investment and tourism will rapidly improve a situation that 60 years of stupidity have not.

Peach, I am sure this is what some in court of George III said the Treaty of Paris in 1783.

This is not about you or us in general. This is good for the Cubans. The Castros will die soon, and life will be better for the Cuban people.

AHH YES, the dictators of Central America were bad because we supported them and had to stop till they changed Governments, but Cuban Dictators are ok cause we did not at first support them, I got that right? Suddenly we SHOULD support dictators?

This is nothing but an ODD outbreak by the TP and haters.

If you folks ever got control, the Constitution would be out the window and you would make Raul and Fidel look like children.

Knee Jerk reactions all.

Make sense, and stop babbling.

AHH YES, the dictators of Central America were bad because we supported them and had to stop till they changed Governments, but Cuban Dictators are ok cause we did not at first support them, I got that right? Suddenly we SHOULD support dictators?
I see you have no answer.

To those of you who feel this is a mistake I ask: How successful has the embargo been in ridding Cuba of a Communist regime?

It seems that the burden of proof is on your side while you offer no defense of the current policy. We've tried this embargo since 1961. I was a lad of four and Captain Kangaroo was on TV. Today, fifty four years hence, the embargo has done nothing but further isolate the Cubans from western society.

Remind me how dictators supported by the US were bad but now communist dictators are not bad?
How careful are you to avoid goods imported from China?

hmmmmm, so why are we trading with China? they have horrific human rights violations going on and we reward them with even more business, they are the largest Communist Nation in the world.... so what is it that makes Cuba worse than China? Seriously....?

China hasn't threaten to nuke us. So far.
There are no nukes in Cuba, but I am certain you know that we had them removed...

Yet THERE ARE NUKES in China....

Honestly, you all seem like you are going a bit over the top with this....

Tell that to the Cubans who are protesting in Miami.
You probably were not born yet when we had to go through that Cuban Missile Crisis.
If you had gone through that experience you would understand why.
But I did live in Miami/Dade County for a decade and my Cuban friends and coworkers who were my age, were not so hung up on the past as their parents were....

If course not, you didn't have to go through the stupid school drills of ducking under our desks. When we all knew that ducking under the desks was useless and that we would die if the nukes had hit.
That's a hell of a thing for any child to have to go through.
Castro and Russia terrorized this nation and it's a slap in our faces for our Nation to say we don't care about what you went through in the sixties.
I was a child in the mid to upper 60's and from kindergarten onward I do remember the drills of us going under our desks...I went to mostly military schools on base, and even there, we were only given the protection of a wooden desk, or a hallway wall to sit against....knowing it would be no protection at all, the teachers and Base protocol called for it, and made us practice...it was frightening for a 5 yr old and my parents had to explain things better that calmed me down and lessened my fears....

China and Russia and North Korea are more of a threat to us than Cuba is now... yet we do business with Russia and China and can fly there and visit when ever....

So what makes Cuba, so much bigger of an enemy than these others right now? I want to understand it all...

We are not talking about China we are talking about Cuba. But nice attempt to distract.

We are not talking about China we are talking about Cuba. But nice attempt to distract.
Communism is communism, ain't it? I guess the bad Communists are those you do not do business with while the good Communists have deals with WalMart.

And again I ask, how has that embargo policy worked out?

Cuba is much worse than China. China allows private enterprise. Cuba does not. Cuba is more like North Korea.

Communism is communism, ain't it? I guess the bad Communists are those you do not do business with while the good Communists have deals with WalMart.

It worked out pretty well. It kept Castro confined to Cuba.

If all things Cuba are so awful and the embargo should be even more rigid than it already is, doesn't that mean Marco Rubio should therefore be forced to go and live there? And Ted Cruz, too?

Cuba has been no worse off with Castro than it was with the Bastita bastard that the US was propping up before Castro's revolution. That guy was as corrupt as any dictator we ever were in bed with.

It worked out pretty well. It kept Castro confined to Cuba.
No it didn't.

Knee Jerk reactions all.

This is not about you or us in general. This is good for the Cubans. The Castro's will die soon, and life will be better for the Cuban people.

NO it's not good for the Cubans.
We wait until the Castro's die because they are still the same.
Life will not be better for them until the Castro's are dead.
Talk to the Cubans who are still fleeing from that regime.

America's main job is to protect us and to protect our rights.

No one said anything about making Cubans or Iraqis or Vietnamese into copies of us.

Link up the Cuban vote? The Cubans hate the Castros. They aren't happy with this. obumble has removed the Cuban vote from democrats maybe forever.

The embago stays in any case. obumble will send a diplomat. Maybe one of his donors paid for the ambassadorship.

Your ignorance is showing

According to analysts, as more Cuban-American millennials begin to question the embargo, more will begin to abandon their Republican roots for the Democratic Party

Latino millennials want to end Cuba embargo - CNN.com

Forum List

Back