🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama to Propose Ending NSA's Phone Call Sweep

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Glad to see this happening. Wonder is congress will go along with it.

Obama to Propose Ending NSA's Phone Call Sweep - ABC News

The White House wants the National Security Agency to get out of the business of sweeping up and storing vast amounts of data on Americans' phone calls.

The Obama administration this week is expected to propose that Congress overhaul the electronic surveillance program by having phone companies hold onto the call records as they do now, according to a government official briefed on the proposal. The New York Times first reported the details of the proposal Monday night. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to discuss the plan.
<more>

Last edited:
It's the right thing to do. I hope it's for the right reasons. Often times a politician bends to public pressure. I think there was a lawsuit in progress. Whatever the reason, it's a good thing.

Now, if he would agree to repeal Obamacare instead of delaying, exempting and ignoring parts of it, I would be really impressed.

How many times does our snake oil salesman in chief have to bamboozle you before you wise up?

I am sure he will, lol.

My prediction, this will all be forgotten in a couple days, and the proles won't hold him accountable for his words, again.

Yeah, Obama was getting owned for being pro spying on any and all US citizens... Turns out some people still don't want Government with that sort of power over their lives. Took Obama like a year to cave in, lol.

LOl
Obama PROPOSES

anyone believe that?

He proposed that if you like you insurance policy you could keep your insurance policy too...

damn the sheep in this country is going to bring us down

LOl

Obama PROPOSES

anyone believe that?

The sad part is that he doesn't have to propose anything. He is the day-to-day supervisor of the Federal Government. All he has to say is "Bitch, knock it off".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obamapenandphone_v1.jpg

Another cynical political move.
If Congress opposes it because it will degrade our intelligence Obama can claim he tried to do it but Congress stopped him.
If COngress goes along with it, he will proclaim it a victory.

Obama has proposed eliminating Fannie/Freddie. He has proopsed closing Gitmo. He has proposed a bunch of stuff he never follows through on.

Forum List

Back