Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier for people to vote. (from the Fox article)

floating the idea ... making it easier for people to vote.

SCREW THAT BS. THIS COUNTRY NEEDS LESS PEOPLE AT THE POLLS !!!

so the Republicans will have a chance.

So far, there have been two topics started by the mass email rubes on this "mandatory voting".

We should start a lottery pool which allows people to bet on how many total topics the rubes will start about it.
I don't get ANY emails about politics idiot. I am not on a single mailing list.
You remain a dedicated liberal troll
You remain a blind partisan tool who asks how high when Fox tells you to jump.
I'll take that over being a liberal ANY DAY
So, you like being an uninformed fool, you're even proud of it.

Wow

Well thanks for being honest :lol:
You are too stupid to get it I see.

No surprise I guess

FASCISTS EVERYWHERE
COMMUNISTS EVERYWHERE
MARXISTS EVERYWHERE
GAYS EVERYWHERE
MUSLIMS EVERYWHERE
TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE
CHILD MOLESTORS EVERYWHERE

kill yourselves, spare yourself and the rest of the world the misery.
Which one of those are you? Terrorist? Child lover? Both?

I can see why conservatives are so against education.
It's those college professors filling their students up with all that historical and political junk. Maybe it would be better if schools were just closed and soon America would have better informed voters.

So far, there have been two topics started by the mass email rubes on this "mandatory voting".

We should start a lottery pool which allows people to bet on how many total topics the rubes will start about it.
I don't get ANY emails about politics idiot. I am not on a single mailing list.
You remain a dedicated liberal troll
You remain a blind partisan tool who asks how high when Fox tells you to jump.
I'll take that over being a liberal ANY DAY
So, you like being an uninformed fool, you're even proud of it.

Wow

Well thanks for being honest :lol:
You are too stupid to get it I see.

No surprise I guess
You said that being an uninformed tool is better than being a liberal. Those were your words. You tiled yourself into a corner so to speak. Thanks for the laugh, dipshit.

FASCISTS EVERYWHERE
COMMUNISTS EVERYWHERE
MARXISTS EVERYWHERE
GAYS EVERYWHERE
MUSLIMS EVERYWHERE
TERRORISTS EVERYWHERE
CHILD MOLESTORS EVERYWHERE

kill yourselves, spare yourself and the rest of the world the misery.

Naaa we'd rather watch you die very slowly.

How are you going to enforce it? Are you going to have the police and military round people take them to the polls and hold them their till they vote and lock them up if they refuse? Just how much control do some of you want the government to have over you?

Every person will register to vote, then submit their vote to an Obama vote monitor who will match the vote with the person to ensure not only that all people vote, but also that they vote correctly.

Another inaccurate thread title. The President did no such thing.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

GawdDAYUM but you are stupid.

{During a town hall style meeting in Cleveland Wednesday, President Obama suggested mandatory voting in the United States would be a good, "transformative" thing for the country. He also suggested it would be a good way to combat campaign spending in elections. }

Obama How About Mandatory Voting - Katie Pavlich

Video at the link.

How do you discuss the viability of something that would be mandatory without knowing what the consequences would be for refusing? It seems to me if your aim was to make everyone vote the punishment for not doing so would have to be fairly severe.
Let me ask you this, if someone flat out refuses to pay their speeding ticket, what should their punishment be?
If they refuse long enough a warrant is issued for their arrest. So would you support making voting mandatory with the punishment being possible arrest for not doing so?
Yes, I would.
That's extremely disturbing.
It's really not.
Yes it is but believe as you will at least until someone proposes making it mandatory that you can't.

That would require voter ID.

The fucking president is such a fucking disaster. I really cannot believe what we are seeing from this pile of shit in the white house.

I really cannot believe people cannot see what is happening.

We need less nuckleheads voting, not more you facist.
Oh, so you are against democracy? How typical.

Here I thought you losers were pro choice. Another fucking lie.

How will they determine if a person is mentally disabled.

This is such a transparent intention. Get a whole lot of people who have no fucking clue about any issue just mindlessly voting.

Miley-Cyrus---Rock-the-Vote-Photoshoot--02.jpg

Another inaccurate thread title. The President did no such thing.

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

CNN made it up?

CNN article title;

Obama: Maybe it's time for mandatory voting.

totally different from the THREAD TITLE !

you're a special kind of stupid aren't you ?

sure you are.

(smile) Obama actually said he thought it might be time for mandatory voting, that eluded you didn't?

Only a world class commie shithead like Obama would come up with anti freedom idea like that.

Forum List

Back