Obama use the ole they're engaging in chemical warfare ploy

Are we ever going to figure out that arming assholes today that we will have to fight somewhere tomorrow isn't smart policy?

And WTF, 90 000 killed by bullets is ok but 150 by gas is time for arming, well, who knows who?

They may or may not be. My larger point is that the use of chemical weapons doesn't establish one side as being better or worse.

So you do not think that the use of chemical weapons against civilian targets is "worse" than not doing so?

You do not think that US policy towards a regime should be at least partially based on their record on things like this?

"Civilian targets" That's quite a leap. You should be proud of yourself for so boldly moving the goal posts.

Too bad, the WH's claim is that Assad used the chemical weapons against rebel forces.

What's your argument now?

Red Line Crossed: U.S. Confirms Syrian Chemical-Weapons Use | TIME.com

Sorry. I forgot to call checkmate.

Are we ever going to figure out that arming assholes today that we will have to fight somewhere tomorrow isn't smart policy?

And WTF, 90 000 killed by bullets is ok but 150 by gas is time for arming, well, who knows who?

This is just Obama desperately searching for reasons to arm Israel's enemies. Sad, but true.

Gatsby -

Is the Syrian government using chemical weapons?

What do you think?

What does Hans Blix say?

What does Scott Ritter say?

What does William Rivers Pitt say?

All joking aside, the consensus of the Intelligence Community is that Assad is using chemical weapons and past history says that that's the red line a less powerful nation should not cross. Any widespread use of chemical weapons is a threat to this country so I support Obama (finally) deciding to act. I just hope he doesn't fuck it up and try to pull a Libya and arm terrorists.

Obamanation -

What on earth are you talking about....Assad calling Obama's bluff on what?

Do you seriously believe that Assad decides what to do based on what Obama or anyone else in the US does or says?

The US has no role in this conflict. It is a civil war.

That's a naive worldview.

Saddam invaded Kuwait because he thought we wouldn't come to Kuwait's aid. Hezbollah started the second intifadah because they thought the US would not intervene. North Korea has still refrained from attacking South Korea because of all those U.S. troops at the 38th parallel.

What on earth are YOU talking about?

If we have no role in this then why did ZERO ever draw a line in the sand to begin with?

EXACTLY!!! Maybe we shouldn;t have a role --- but when you have a buffoon as President talking about "red lines" and chemical weapons --- then HE has given us a role!!

In the real world, Obama is doing whatever any sensible leader would do, and following Europe's lead on Syria, which is inour sphere of influence. If you ever watched news you would know Europe has been looking to arm rebels for some time, and Obama has backed that move. He will only step in should the conflict threaten the US or Israel directly.

btw. I know you need to insult your country in every post, but please refer to people by name, not by some nonsensical name only you understand.

This is just Obama desperately searching for reasons to arm Israel's enemies. Sad, but true.

Except for the fact that it makes no sense at all, and you don't believe it yourself.

You also "forgot" to mention that many Republicans also favour arming the rebels, John McCain included.

btw. There have been alleged usage of chemical weapons in civilian areas. By all means go and check.

Last edited:
What on earth are YOU talking about?

If we have no role in this then why did ZERO ever draw a line in the sand to begin with?

EXACTLY!!! Maybe we shouldn;t have a role --- but when you have a buffoon as President talking about "red lines" and chemical weapons --- then HE has given us a role!!

In the real world, Obama is doing whatever any sensible leader would do, and following Europe's lead on Syria, which is inour sphere of influence. If you ever watched news you would know Europe has been looking to arm rebels for some time, and Obama has backed that move. He will only step in should the conflict threaten the US or Israel directly.

btw. I know you need to insult your country in every post, but please refer to people by name, not by some nonsensical name only you understand.

Insulting my Country in every post? lol

ZERO made his statement. All the rest of that is irrelivent. The leader of the free world can't give an ultimatum and not back up his words...

ZERO should have kept his mouth shut!

Forum List

Back