Obama: View Syrian refugees as Jews fleeing the Holocaust

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
WASHINGTON—Syrian refugees should be viewed like Jews fleeing the Holocaust, U.S. President Barack Obama said in a frank Tuesday speech aimed at anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment.

Obama delivered the address at an event imbued with meaning: a citizenship ceremony, held in the grand National Archives room where the original Bill of Rights is stored, on the 224th anniversary of the document’s ratification. Though he did not mention the presidential election or his Republican critics, his target was clear.

He used the occasion to remind Americans that almost all of their families were immigrants at some point — and to pointedly remind them of the dark discrimination of the country’s past, from African-American slavery to no-Irish-allowed signs to the ban on Chinese immigration to Japanese-American internment.

His unspoken suggestion: the Islamophobia of the moment could produce decisions just as dangerous.

Obama: View Syrian refugees as Jews fleeing the Holocaust | Toronto Star

----

Treat Syrians like Holocaust Jews? in other words, ignore them, deport them, or send them back to their graves? Because back then, America pretty much closed its gates to refugees. Oops.

Hate to use a cliche, but what a damn ass n1gger.

Fleeing a civil war does not make one like the Jews during the Holocaust. The Syrians aren't being killed for their religion, they're the same religion as the government. Plus Germany wasn't having a civil war. There is no comparison.

If I read correctly America never took in any Jews. In fact some were turned away.

We shouldn't be taking any of these Syrians in either. This will cost the taxpayers up the ass. Most of these folks are uneducated and they don't speak our language. They will be on our Welfare system for years. All at taxpayer expense.

Obama is a fool.

What's amazing is Obama's administration is taking in predominantly Sunni refugees. Considering ISIS isSunni and trying to wipe out Assad, Shia and Christians that's a pretty interesting development.

Backs up the assertion that Obama is seriously pro Sunni and anti Christian.

What's amazing is Obama's administration is taking in predominantly Sunni refugees. Considering ISIS isSunni and trying to wipe out Assad, Shia and Christians that's a pretty interesting development.

Backs up the assertion that Obama is seriously pro Sunni and anti Christian.

I tend to agree. Common Sense says that moron in the WH has an agenda.

Fleeing a civil war does not make one like the Jews during the Holocaust. The Syrians aren't being killed for their religion, they're the same religion as the government. Plus Germany wasn't having a civil war. There is no comparison.

I agree that there is no comparison. But please understand many Syrians are being killed for their religion. Sunnis want to wipe out Shia. And the Christians are toast.

I agree that there is no comparison. But please understand many Syrians are being killed for their religion. Sunnis want to wipe out Shia. And the Christians are toast.

Good, fewer crazy religious people better the world becomes.

Jroc found the stats. Check it out and tell me there's not a pattern.

Since October 1, only 1.4 percent of Syrians admitted into the U.S. as refugees have been Christians. (Source: State Department Refugee Processing Center)

chart-syria-refugees_0.jpg

By far the largest number of Syrian refugee admissions into the U.S. since the civil war began in March 2011 took place in FY 2015 (Oct. 1, 2014-Sept. 30, 2015), when 1,682 arrived – or 75.6 percent of the total 2,224 who have been admitted since 2011.

Of those 1,682 admissions in FY 2015, 1,573 (93.5 percent) were Sunni Muslims. An additional 53 were described as simply “Moslem” and 10 were Shia. Only 30 (1.8 percent) were Christian. Accounting for the rest were six Zoroastrians, two Baha’i, two atheists, five of “other religion,” and one described as having “no religion.”

Syrian Refugees Since Oct. 1: 346 Sunni Muslims, 5 Christians; 191 Males, 160 Females; 64 Men Ages 14 to 40

WASHINGTON—Syrian refugees should be viewed like Jews fleeing the Holocaust, U.S. President Barack Obama said in a frank Tuesday speech aimed at anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment.

Obama delivered the address at an event imbued with meaning: a citizenship ceremony, held in the grand National Archives room where the original Bill of Rights is stored, on the 224th anniversary of the document’s ratification. Though he did not mention the presidential election or his Republican critics, his target was clear.

He used the occasion to remind Americans that almost all of their families were immigrants at some point — and to pointedly remind them of the dark discrimination of the country’s past, from African-American slavery to no-Irish-allowed signs to the ban on Chinese immigration to Japanese-American internment.

His unspoken suggestion: the Islamophobia of the moment could produce decisions just as dangerous.

Obama: View Syrian refugees as Jews fleeing the Holocaust | Toronto Star

----

Treat Syrians like Holocaust Jews? in other words, ignore them, deport them, or send them back to their graves? Because back then, America pretty much closed its gates to refugees. Oops.

You mean what the atheist Jews did, and now are sucking every cent yet from Germany. Read my signature.

WASHINGTON—Syrian refugees should be viewed like Jews fleeing the Holocaust, U.S. President Barack Obama said in a frank Tuesday speech aimed at anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment...
Much of the country does not share the President's internationalist and Illegals-friendly perspective...

Yup. 53% of Americans don't want them here and Obama could care less what Americans want.

An asshole he truly is. Big. Deep. And wide.

You got the sheet and hood on this morning. Nice.

You got the sheet and hood on this morning. Nice.

I'm sure he doesn't. But you definitely have your blinders on.

Oh and you don't have an ounce of common sense either.

WASHINGTON—Syrian refugees should be viewed like Jews fleeing the Holocaust, U.S. President Barack Obama said in a frank Tuesday speech aimed at anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment...
Much of the country does not share the President's internationalist and Illegals-friendly perspective...

Yup. 53% of Americans don't want them here and Obama could care less what Americans want.

The same percentage likely doesn`t want any non whites in this country. It doesn`t work that way. We learned that in Jr. High.

The same percentage likely doesn`t want any non whites in this country. It doesn`t work that way. We learned that in Jr. High.

Your so full of shit.

At least some Americans realize that some of those Muslims coming in will be terrorists and calling them racists or bigots just shows what a fool you are.

I'm sure your absolute trust of all Muslims will keep you safe.

Your so full of shit.

At least some Americans realize that some of those Muslims coming in will be terrorists and calling them racists or bigots just shows what a fool you are.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Americans are cool with killing 20 second graders or mowing down 80 movie goers as long as the shooter is a white American male? The hypocrisy of these chickenshits is astounding.

Your so full of shit.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Americans are cool with killing 20 second graders or mowing down 80 movie goers as long as the shooter is a white American male? The hypocrisy of these chickenshits is astounding.

Oh. Another deflection.

What does that have to do with you accusing any American who doesn't trust any of these Muslim refugees.

Absolutely nothing.

You are clueless if you don't think there will be terrorists among those refugees.

You also don't have one iota of common sense.

Fuck off fool.

To his credit, when he promised to "Fundamentally transform" America, he never once said it would be for the better.

To his credit, when he promised to "Fundamentally transform" America, he never once said it would be for the better.
millions of us knew that and tried to WARN people about putting him in office as a President. He's been a disgusting person and I don't know how he lives with himself he's such a LIAR. And the worst President ever since I've been voting starting with Jimmy Carter. I'm not kidding when I say, he makes me sick with the crap he says and how he acts

Forum List

Back