Obamacare to hit young people really hard

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Young people fresh out of college, many of whom will be lucky to have low paying, part time jobs, are in for a shock in 2014 when Obamacare fully kicks in. I was notified that my premiums are going way up, but not as bad as the young people. My son currently pays about $50 a month for his insurance and he's been happy with it. He will not only pay a lot more, but to get something he can afford, he'll have huge deductibles and will end up paying more than half the cost should he need medical treatment. How the hell is this an improvement? It's not. And there are so many new taxes hidden in the crappy legislation that everyone will pay more for other things. Jobs will disappear and many will be left in the cold. I always knew this wasn't about health care. It was about control and bringing us down. Why else would this administration do so much to collapse the U.S.? This ought to do it. No wonder government agencies are stocking up on ammo and training in mass casualties. I think they are preparing for this collapse and the crime and chaos that will ensue when people get desperate.

Obamacare Hates Young People | Job Creators NetworkJob Creators Network

Young people fresh out of college, many of whom will be lucky to have low paying, part time jobs, are in for a shock in 2014 when Obamacare fully kicks in. I was notified that my premiums are going way up, but not as bad as the young people. My son currently pays about $50 a month for his insurance and he's been happy with it. He will not only pay a lot more, but to get something he can afford, he'll have huge deductibles and will end up paying more than half the cost should he need medical treatment. How the hell is this an improvement? It's not. And there are so many new taxes hidden in the crappy legislation that everyone will pay more for other things. Jobs will disappear and many will be left in the cold. I always knew this wasn't about health care. It was about control and bringing us down. Why else would this administration do so much to collapse the U.S.? This ought to do it. No wonder government agencies are stocking up on ammo and training in mass casualties. I think they are preparing for this collapse and the crime and chaos that will ensue when people get desperate.

Clementine, I think your hair is on fire!

This was one of the main objections raised by those of us who have opposed ObamaCare from the beginning. A basic premise of ObamaCare is that young healthy people will overpay for insurance in order to subsidize oder unhealthier ones. ObamaCare is a one size fits all program which requires insurance to cover things that most young, healthy people do not need...hence they pay for coverage they will not use.

But like I've said...it's not a bug, it's a feature...to make private insurance so unaffordable that the sheeple will be softened up for full nationalized health care.

Full government funded healthcare works good for the military. They aren't complaining about it. So, we should take their word for it, and go the same route.

This was one of the main objections raised by those of us who have opposed ObamaCare from the beginning. A basic premise of ObamaCare is that young healthy people will overpay for insurance in order to subsidize oder unhealthier ones. ObamaCare is a one size fits all program which requires insurance to cover things that most young, healthy people do not need...hence they pay for coverage they will not use.

But like I've said...it's not a bug, it's a feature...to make private insurance so unaffordable that the sheeple will be softened up for full nationalized health care.

All true, except I don't think it's possible to yet be sure how much of the cost will come from taxes on employers, capital and providers. Krugman's concience of a liberal largely premised his plan to capture a new progressive majority for an extended period was simply to use healthcare to secure a hugh pay raise for workers by taxing producers for healthcare.

I'm not arguing for socialsim, but you'd have to be a rock to not notice that for 35 years capital has been doing increasing better while workers, on a whole, are not doing any better.

Full government funded healthcare works good for the military. They aren't complaining about it. So, we should take their word for it, and go the same route.

Not too many soldiers suffer from dementia. Nor not many have arthritis !
Not many are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
So using the military as an example of well run health care not really valid!

Not too many soldiers suffer from dementia. Nor not many have arthritis !
Not many are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
So using the military as an example of well run health care not really valid!

I'd been more in favor of the Bennett/Wyden approach

Healthy Americans Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But you may want to rethink what the VA healhcare is about

Veteran's Health Care Overview | Military.com

Oh those wascaly Dems took care of this ... for awhile at least. Young people fresh out of college with low paying part-time jobs can stay on mommy and daddy's policy till they are 26. Then they will get rocked.

Forum List

Back