Obamacare- WSJ- Young Avoid New Health Plans

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Early Buyers of Coverage Are Older Than Expected, Raising Expense Concerns

By CHRISTOPHER WEAVER and TIMOTHY W. MARTIN CONNECT
Nov. 4, 2013 8:47 p.m. ET

Insurers say the early buyers of health coverage on the nation's troubled new websites are older than expected so far, raising early concerns about the economics of the insurance marketplaces.

If the trend continues, an older, more expensive set of customers could drive up prices for everyone, the insurers say, by forcing them to spread their costs around. "We need a broad range of people to make this work, and we're not seeing that right now," said Heather Thiltgen of Medical Mutual of Ohio, the state's largest insurer by individual customers. "We're seeing the population skewing older."

Young Avoid New Health Plans - WSJ.com

ObamacareSignups.jpg

Yeah, it's called the death spiral. The "Young Invincibles" are going to opt out, preferring to pay the fine. This thing has all the hallmarks of an unmitigated disaster, which of course will have to be subsidized by the the tax payer. You know about the "road to hell" I trust.

Is Obamacare Headed for Death Spiral?

Yup.

This is what O gets for trying to please his corporate Masters.

Yeah, it's called the death spiral. The "Young Invincibles" are going to opt out, preferring to pay the fine. This thing has all the hallmarks of an unmitigated disaster, which of course will have to be subsidized by the the tax payer. You know about the "road to hell" I trust.

Yup.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he was trying to please progressives who have been hailing Obamacare as a great accomplishment for their cause.:lol:

Yup.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he was trying to please progressives who have been hailing Obamacare as a great accomplishment for their cause.:lol:

Hey Meathead...the left (I have no fucking clue who progressives are..Dem, partisans, I guess) HATE ACA.

However, unlike you, we who hate it know WHY we hate it.

Here's a clue it's because it won't solve the problem, NOT because the BLACK GUY proposed it

Yup.

actually editec is right. All this disaster is about is to please the big corporations on the expense of the middle class.
As usual with the left.

The ACA was a Republican solution. Really should be called RomneyCare. What we need is full fledged Single Payer Universal Health Care, same as every other industrial democracy in the world has.

The ACA is better than what we presently have, but only by a bit. And the young who do not enroll, then find themselves in the emergency room, should face not only the very stiff expense of that visit, but an additional fine, and possible incarceration if they fail to pay, for that negligence.

The ACA was a Republican solution. Really should be called RomneyCare. What we need is full fledged Single Payer Universal Health Care, same as every other industrial democracy in the world has.

The ACA is better than what we presently have, but only by a bit. And the young who do not enroll, then find themselves in the emergency room, should face not only the very stiff expense of that visit, but an additional fine, and possible incarceration if they fail to pay, for that negligence.

obama-borg+usa.jpg

This was entirely predictable. The actuarial reality is that Obamacare relied on a bunch of people paying for stuff they really didnt need in order to subsidize people who did need it but couldn't pay for it themselves.
With this latest lie exposed, the actuarial pools will crater. Companies will be forced to drive premiums through the roof so as not to go bankrupt.
It is hard to say whether this was the result of stupidity or duplicity. Did the architects of this debacle not understand insurance or did they design the worst system possible so it would collapse and force single payer? My response is an old adage: Never attribute to malice what can be more easily attributable to simple stupidity.

Hey Rabid, do you have insurance on various aspects of your business? Have you used that insurance on all the various aspects? Do you feel wounded by the fact that some of your money has gone to people who did use that insurance? Do you have the faintest idea why we get insurance?

Early Buyers of Coverage Are Older Than Expected, Raising Expense Concerns

By CHRISTOPHER WEAVER and TIMOTHY W. MARTIN CONNECT
Nov. 4, 2013 8:47 p.m. ET

Insurers say the early buyers of health coverage on the nation's troubled new websites are older than expected so far, raising early concerns about the economics of the insurance marketplaces.

If the trend continues, an older, more expensive set of customers could drive up prices for everyone, the insurers say, by forcing them to spread their costs around. "We need a broad range of people to make this work, and we're not seeing that right now," said Heather Thiltgen of Medical Mutual of Ohio, the state's largest insurer by individual customers. "We're seeing the population skewing older."

Young Avoid New Health Plans - WSJ.com

What they mean is, they need young, healthy people who do not require medical care to get insurance for medical care or else the pyramid scheme fails.

:eusa_boohoo:

:lol:

Yup.

No.. It is what Obamalama gets for trying to make this a responsibility or function of government

The ACA will sink under its own weight when all those young folks opt to pay the penalty.

Government is the descriptive of the exact opposite of the midas touch. Anything it touches, it ruins.

Then sets out to fix the mess it created with public support via the ballot box.

It seems we'll never learn that some humans are not smarter than, or omnipotent over the rest of us.

This was entirely predictable. The actuarial reality is that Obamacare relied on a bunch of people paying for stuff they really didnt need in order to subsidize people who did need it but couldn't pay for it themselves.
With this latest lie exposed, the actuarial pools will crater. Companies will be forced to drive premiums through the roof so as not to go bankrupt.
It is hard to say whether this was the result of stupidity or duplicity. Did the architects of this debacle not understand insurance or did they design the worst system possible so it would collapse and force single payer? My response is an old adage: Never attribute to malice what can be more easily attributable to simple stupidity.

Oh it's definitely malice on the part of those who designed and implemented it, never doubt that. It's stupidity on the part of the masses out there who bought into the lies they were told, and were led to the slaughter like the dumb sheep they are - taking the rest of us with them.

Hey Rabid, do you have insurance on various aspects of your business? Have you used that insurance on all the various aspects? Do you feel wounded by the fact that some of your money has gone to people who did use that insurance? Do you have the faintest idea why we get insurance?

Hey dumbshit, there is a huge difference between me choosing what kind of insurance I want based on my perceived needs and someone in Washington dictating what I will have based on their political calculations.
Now go shove it up your ass.

Young people aren't signing up because they know what a clusterfuck this thing is. They'd rather pay the penalty then pay thousands for a piece of shit.

Forum List

Back