🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Middle East policy in tatters: Column

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Obviously the only person to blame would be Hillary Benghazi Clinton. But I think Obama should rethink his drone diplomacy. Worse then Bush, now ain't that a kick in the butt?

Despite downgrading the trip, many see Obama's arrival as the sequel to his 2009 visit to Cairo, where he announced a "new beginning" with the Muslim world. Four years later, that doesn't auger well for renewed efforts in Israel and the West Bank. According to the latest survey by the Pew Research Center's Global Attitudes Project, confidence in Obama in Muslim countries dropped from 33% to 24% in his first term. Approval of Obama's policies declined even further, from 34% to 15%. And support for the United States in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Pakistan is lower today than it was in 2008 in the closing year of George W. Bush's administration. That collapse of support has not happened elsewhere.

From the link:
If Israelis don't like Obama, Palestinians are even less favorable.​
Where is the downside?

The Bush League did damage that will at minimum take a generation to work through constructively and may never be reparable.

That would not excuse Obama if he had in some way failed. Benghazi is not a problem; no one cares here and fewer care there. Basically all Obama needs to do is nod to an arab here and wink at a jew there and focus on America.

Plenty of Americans - my guess is a majority - worry more about the costs of Obama's and the Bush League's failures there than what actually happens there. A fair number of Americans just wish the middle east would get it over with killing one another so meddlers in US government had nothing there to muck up.

Last edited:
actually, I work overseas quite a bit. I cant even begin to tell you how much better off we are under Obama. Bush really pissed off the entire world, somehow.

I am only one American overseas. However, The only people I hear making noise about a defaulting foreign policy are the same people who said Romeny was going to win by five points.

How much of a burden is it to have the ability to speak for everyone?

How in the hell do you even insinuate that it is Bush's fault for Obama having less of an approval rating?

Are you aware that Obama didn't destroy the balance of power in the middle east? That would be the halfwit inheritor Junebug Bush whose invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan aren't going to be forgotten by decent moslems any time soon.

I am laughing out loud at the idea Obama's "polls" on either side of the middle east's divide matters in any substantive way.

Forum List

Back