🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Project 2025 proposed adjustment to Overtime laws....

Tis not a scam and has been going on for a couple decades, it just grew during COVID and it will not go away. To much money to be saved on rent and office upkeep.
So why hasn't the .gov sold off the HQ properties with only 12% occupancy?

LOL.....They could use a steel building in ND for HQs for no more employees that work in the DC HQs now.....No slope on the roof though....Too dangerous. ;)

I once worked on a tree trimming crew where we worked nine-hour days from Monday through Thursday and took off at noon on Friday for an extra long weekend each week. Loved it.

However, not all businesses are that flexible.

If both parties agree to it, then nobody is getting screwed.

A lot of people make enough money and would take the time off gladly.
this is simply another way to beat the working class down...you agreed to a lot of things to just survive...don't support this bullshit of robbing workers

this is simply another way to beat the working class down...you agreed to a lot of things to just survive...don't support this bullshit of robbing workers

I know right, how dare it think it is good for the workers to have a choice and not be dictated by Congress.

Silly me

Tis not a scam and has been going on for a couple decades, it just grew during COVID and it will not go away. To much money to be saved on rent and office upkeep.
Its a scam for those using it as free time off. Yes, its happening. Imagine whats’ going on in corrupted GOVT jobs. Private too, but less flat out abuse.

Its a scam for those using it as free time off. Yes, its happening. Imagine whats’ going on in corrupted GOVT jobs. Private too, but less flat out abuse.

If people are not doing the work they are hired to do that is on their management. These same people would be scamming at an office, it is not hard to be present and still not do much...we have all seen it happen.

In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio was 344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production and nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm.

In 2022, it was estimated that the CEO-to-worker compensation ratio was 344.3 in the United States. This indicates that, on average, CEOs received more than 344 times the annual average salary of production and nonsupervisory workers in the key industry of their firm.
king-history.gif

I once worked on a tree trimming crew where we worked nine-hour days from Monday through Thursday and took off at noon on Friday for an extra long weekend each week. Loved it.

Exactly. Many work 3-12s then 4-12s for hourly. Some exempts do 50-60 routinely but come and go as they feel like. Combo work from home. We’ve had IC designers work remotely overseas in Asia while on a family visit to Taiwan. Full pay for him. The work has to get done,

Good bosses let you do a lot if you need it. And you perform.

I think letting business have a new way to screw the wage slaves is awful.

"Wage slaves" is a marxist term, and the use of it shows the far left orientation of anyone who uses it.

Of course its a nonsensical term, as Slaves don't receive wages, and the GOP passed the 13th Amendment outlawing slavery in 1865.

Indeed, which is why it should be up to the business and the employees.

I could go in today and tell them I want 4-10s and I could start next week. Doesn’t mean if I am slow or lazy or goofing off that I won’t have to put in more time. It could end up 5-10s, hence the hesitation to sign up.

This one is getting a lot of traction on the web so I thought I would check it out. For those who do not trust me to copy and paste honestly it is from page 592 of the PJ2025. Here is a link to the document....PJ2025

View attachment 978758

I personally think this is a good thing and it is basically what those on a salary vice an hourly wage already do.

As long as both the employee and the employer agree to the plan why should the law not allow it?

One of the ironies here is that this is basically already in effect for Fed Govt Employees. Once they are at a set GS level (11 or above I believe) they get Comp time vice OT unless OT is specially approved by the Agency Head.

What do you all think?
raise my salary to where the law doesn't apply.

Exactly. Many work 3-12s then 4-12s for hourly. Some exempts do 50-60 routinely but come and go as they feel like. Combo work from home. We’ve had IC designers work remotely overseas in Asia while on a family visit to Taiwan. Full pay for him. The work has to get done,

Good bosses let you do a lot if you need it. And you perform.

My wife works 3 12s one week and 3 12s and an 8 the next. A total of 80 hours in a pay period and it is not OT for them to go over 40 in one of the weeks.

It is odd how the Govt employees are not covered by so many of the normal labor laws.

Forum List

Back