🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Project 2025 proposed adjustment to Overtime laws....

That is just stupid.
Seriously? I mean the biggest problem with Congress, regardless of party, is our representatives have no concept of what life is like for most Americans. Some may have lived it, but they have forgotten what it was like, most of them on purpose. They have risen "above" that. The only thing stupid about my proposal is that damn near all the representatives would be dismissed. They couldn't do it.

Most of them are like Trump, born on third base and actually believe they hit a triple. To the point that they flippin brag about it, as if the womb they climbed out of means anything. It is asinine. Hell, they ain't even faced a damn pitcher.

My proposal brings them to the plate. And maybe, just maybe, that comparison rings true. We can provide an exemption. If the Congressman steps into the batter's box, faces a 95mph hour fastball, and makes contact, they get a pass. I am here to tell you, most of them would sheepishly walk into the dugout after the first pitch.

Some people just cannot read, did you even bother to read the OP?
Oh hell, I did much more than that.

Overtime requirements may discourage employers from offering certain fringe benefits such as reimbursement for education, childcare, or even free meals because the benefits’ value may be included in the “regular rate” that must be paid at 150 percent for all overtime hours.

Dude, that is completely false. I wish it were true, hell, if it were my ass is going to court and I am retiring on all the backpay I got coming to me. My benefit package, alone, is worth more than $500 a week.

And that is a huge problem. When your argument is predicated on a lie, well it becomes moot.

This one is getting a lot of traction on the web so I thought I would check it out. For those who do not trust me to copy and paste honestly it is from page 592 of the PJ2025. Here is a link to the document....PJ2025

View attachment 978758

I personally think this is a good thing and it is basically what those on a salary vice an hourly wage already do.

As long as both the employee and the employer agree to the plan why should the law not allow it?

One of the ironies here is that this is basically already in effect for Fed Govt Employees. Once they are at a set GS level (11 or above I believe) they get Comp time vice OT unless OT is specially approved by the Agency Head.

What do you all think?
I’m for it.

Anything to make American workers more affordable.

The better workers will love it. The lazy dumbasses prefer to be sent home after 40 hours.

As I tried to explain on another thread, such policies don’t affect me, because I have the KSA’s to find jobs that suit me, no matter what laws are passed. They don’t affect you because you are a lifelong sucker on the federal tit.

This would be great for my 20-something kids by providing them the opportunity to work longer hours and bring home more money.

It is those 20 something and 30 something young people who will give Trump and electoral landslide, that will rival Ronald Reagan if not overtake it. I suggest you buy several boxes of tissues before November.

Ummm no. They are not exempt from overtime laws.

Sure they are. Take Fed Govt employees for example. Once you get above a certain GS level any work over 40 hours in a week is given as Comp time and not OT, this is not even up to the employee as it is the only option offered.

This is not the same way in the private workforce.

It's all Project 2025.

Yes, but this is just about one part of it, it is too long to talk about the whole thing in one thread

If would you like to talk about weather, feel free to start a thread on it and I will join it

I’m for it.

Anything to make American workers more affordable.

The better workers will love it. The lazy dumbasses prefer to be sent home after 40 hours.

As I tried to explain on another thread, such policies don’t affect me, because I have the KSA’s to find jobs that suit me, no matter what laws are passed. They don’t affect you because you are a lifelong sucker on the federal tit.

This would be great for my 20-something kids by providing them the opportunity to work longer hours and bring home more money.

Did you even read the OP? It is not about them getting more money, it is about them having the option to take time off in lieu of more money.

Did you even read the OP? It is not about them getting more money, it is about them having the option to take time off in lieu of more money.
Wow! You really cannot think beyond what you are told, can you?

If an employer needs a worker for 50 hours this week and 430 hours next week this plan gives them the option to do that without paying overtime. Undercurrent overtime rules the worker would likely be sent home after 40 hours the first week with some getting the 10 hours

It’s called “dynamic reasoning.” You should try it sometime.

If an employer needs a worker for 50 hours this week and 430 hours next week this plan gives them the option to do that without paying overtime. Undercurrent overtime rules the worker would likely be sent home after 40 hours the first week with some getting the 10 hours

Yes, I know, that is what I said in the OP.

So, how does this change allow your kids to bring home more money?

Plus, who the hell is going to work 430 hours in a week? :auiqs.jpg: :itsok:

This one is getting a lot of traction on the web so I thought I would check it out. For those who do not trust me to copy and paste honestly it is from page 592 of the PJ2025. Here is a link to the document....PJ2025

View attachment 978758

I personally think this is a good thing and it is basically what those on a salary vice an hourly wage already do.

As long as both the employee and the employer agree to the plan why should the law not allow it?

One of the ironies here is that this is basically already in effect for Fed Govt Employees. Once they are at a set GS level (11 or above I believe) they get Comp time vice OT unless OT is specially approved by the Agency Head.

What do you all think?
Project 2025 is by the Heritage Foundation

How do both parties agree to it?

A guy needing a job applies and their told that is the company's policy, and if they don't agree to it, they don't get the job?

Or if already working there, they are told to sign off on it, but if they disagree, then fine? Then never to get a promotion again within the company because they did not agree with it? Or to find a pink slip on their desk top?

It's a nice option for those who don't have kids and need a steady hour work week to plan their childcare....then, are these people discriminated against if they can't be flexible?
Sounds like you wish to do away with contracts all together.

The applicant is always free so say, No.

That is how both parties agree to it.

Far to many people want to do to the companies what they perceive the company is doing to them.

A simple solution is to start your own company. I'll lay money on the fact that the attitudes toward this change overnight.

Project 2025 is by the Heritage Foundation
tenor.gif

View attachment 978758

What do you all think?
I think it’s a grand idea, but unnecessary.

Potential employees can check out a prospective employers pay, hiring practice and corporate culture and hear from former and current employees by a simple web search. We’re in an “Information Age” and still act powerless and clueless

It’s just another Government function that needs to be Milei-ed

Sure they are. Take Fed Govt employees for example. Once you get above a certain GS level any work over 40 hours in a week is given as Comp time and not OT, this is not even up to the employee as it is the only option offered.

This is not the same way in the private workforce.
Well, the cops I talk to almost on a daily basis are pretty happy about getting OT pay. They’re government employees. When I worked pub sec, I got paid OT for special events/deployments. Not sure about the “certain level”...

Forum List

Back