🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Project 2025 proposed adjustment to Overtime laws....

Well, the cops I talk to almost on a daily basis are pretty happy about getting OT pay. They’re government employees. When I worked pub sec, I got paid OT for special events/deployments. Not sure about the “certain level”...

Yes, it is not that way for all of them.

My wife is a Nurse with the VA and they get over time pay, yet those working for the USDA as a GS12 do not

Do you have any comment on the pluses or minuses of the propose rule changes?
It is stupid. It in no way reflects an empathy for the working man or woman. Seriously, you think working 60 hours one week and twenty the next is even plausible for the average Joe? What about daycare for those that have children?

Like I said, I did a hell of a lot more than read the OP. The author of that chapter in project 2025, he is a prime example of born on third base. He has no comprehension of what live is like for the working man. He is a lawyer, he represents companies, not workers, and he hasn't ever, in his life, worked a real manual labor job. If he had, he wouldn't float such nonsense.

It is stupid. It in no way reflects an empathy for the working man or woman. Seriously, you think working 60 hours one week and twenty the next is even plausible for the average Joe? What about daycare for those that have children?

Which is why it would be an optional thing between the employer and the employee.

Most of them are like Trump, born on third base and actually believe they hit a triple. To the point that they flippin brag about it, as if the womb they climbed out of means anything. It is asinine. Hell, they ain't even faced a damn pitcher.

Another Idiot with full blown TDS. Tell me all the buildings the Bidens put up with their LLC?

Indeed, which is why it should be up to the business and the employees.
It gets better. We were often approached by homeowners asking if we could do odd tree work on their properties while we were in the neighborhood. We often did these after-hours 'private work' jobs and split the fees (always in cash) between us. This was voluntary of course. Better still the owner of the company had no problem with this and assured us that we and the work was fully insured even though he got nothing from these jobs. Great company pr.

Last edited:
Well yeah, a job seeker will have to go along with company policy, they do not like it, they go elsewhere....just like it has always been.
Ok...surely so.

Then I am against it as being another new thing for the employer's monetary benefit, and not all potential workers.

As an employee, and my employer was forcing overtime because of need that particular week, I would like the opportunity to barter with my employer and state that I am willing to give up my time and a half or double time pay in exchange for days off compensation for the extra OT hours worked, of my choice on future days off, then yeah, it could be a good thing....otherwise I can see all kinds of problems rising that are not in favor of all workers.

Sounds like you wish to do away with contracts all together.

The applicant is always free so say, No.

That is how both parties agree to it.

Far to many people want to do to the companies what they perceive the company is doing to them.

A simple solution is to start your own company. I'll lay money on the fact that the attitudes toward this change overnight.
Ok, labor is worth less than the capitalist....I understand your position now....

Forum List

Back