The GOP Conventrion 2024

They all did in the latest incident. Compare that to how Nancy Pelosi’s husband was treated when he was attacked.

#HYPOCRITEMUCH
and how does that make up for the 5 years before Biden was elected?

They all did in the latest incident. Compare that to how Nancy Pelosi’s husband was treated when he was attacked.

#HYPOCRITEMUCH
People like Pelosi and Hunter are the real privileged. And most likely have done much more than we even know.

At around 9 a.m. MDT this morning, Trump sent out a teaser text: "From Trump: VP ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY? It could happen. . .but I haven't decided yet!

But seeing that JD Vance is scheduled to speak immediately after President Trump Wednesday night. . .
So the choice is officially JD Vance for Vice President. In a way I'm both pleased and a bit disappointed--pleased that it wasn't somebody seriously divisive but hoping for someone a bit older and more experienced. But I hope Trump got it right. Vance once a critic of President Trump has become a familiar face and symbol of what a MAGA Patriot is and he is maybe the most intelligent of all the VP hopefuls. So we'll see.

Last edited:
Apparently MSNBC has replaced "Morning Joe" with convention coverage and Joe and Mika won't be covering it? Of course the two of them have been referring to Trump as Hitler and an existential threat to our 'democracy' and repeatedly approving of all government efforts to take him down, characterized him as dangerous and evil and would be a dictator, etc. etc. etc., you know, all the talking points the trolls repeat ad nauseum here at USMB. So I guess MSNBC is pulling in the hate rhetoric, at least somewhat, following the assassination attempt.

But the MSM won't restrain themselves for long. As many (mostly the cable and fringe news organizations) quickly downplayed the assassination and inserted wild dishonest speculation into the initial coverage, I can't image they have all become somehow intellectually honest and honorable in the last 48 hours. The hate media will almost certainly be back, but meanwhile we can enjoy the civility while it lasts.

Elon Musk has been one of the harshest critics of the dishonest media coverage of President Trump as illustrated in this satirical X post:

The general format of the convention for this week:

Monday – “Make America Wealthy Once Again”

Timing: programming will commence at 1:45 p.m. through 5:45 p.m. ET. There will be an hourlong break and then the next half of the session will span from 6:45 p.m. through 10 p.m.

The day will focus on economic policy and juxtapose the outlet of the nation’s wealth under Trump vs President Biden.

Tuesday – “Make America Safe Once Again

Timing: Programming will happen from 5-10 p.m. ET.

On day two, the Republicans will rip into the Democrats’ “soft-on-crime” and border policies while discussing Trump’s law enforcement agenda.

Wednesday “Make America Strong Once Again”

Timing: Programming will last from 5:45-10 p.m. ET.

Day three will see Republicans grapple with international threats from adversaries such as Iran and China, while again dinging Biden’s performance on that front.

Thursday – “Make America Great Once Again

Timing: Programing will span 5:45-10 p.m. ET.

The last day will feature how Trump plans to “usher in a new golden age for America” and seek to restore “hope and optimism for the future of our country,” according to the RNC

It is difficult to find who will be speaking specifically at any given time. I am guessing they are intentionally keeping that flexible and fluid so they can move people around depending on how things are going.

Two things I've noticed as the RNC Convention gets underway:

--There is an amazing lack of posts/commentary/reports etc. of people demanding more gun control right now.

--Biden's dementia and calls of Democrats for him to step down have disappeared from the newscasts and newspapers.

Forum List

Back