Obstructionist Senate Democrats block Keystone. For now

The pipeline will pass. The democrats are just busy making out their list of what they want in return. Meanwhile 43,000 American jobs will collect dust in the wings. $3 billion that could be in American worker's pockets being held hostage by democrats. I hope voters remember that in 2016 -working class voters.
Those figures are not based in reality and are the absolute high-end estimates by the lobbyists who are trying to get it built. It's one of the reasons republicans look so bought off on this issue, they are over-selling it to the max and counting on America to not check up on how disappointing it will really turn out.
Since you seem to be eminently knowledgeable on the subject, could you please tell if there is any truth in the statement that "all of the Canadian crude that passes through the Keystone pipeline will be exported". ? :dunno:
Not all of it, just the portion that the rest of the world buys on the open market where it must be sold, it will not be an insignificant percentage and it will not be the answer to energy independence that the more optimistic republicans are touting.
The international exchange of goods and services is what makes world economies hum. Why should oil be treated differently? :dunno: Why do we have a 40 year old (not virgin) embargo on U.S. crude oil exports? (I know the answer but I'll let you fiddle with it).
Who's talking about America? The Canadian oil production is up for grabs, does it become American crude just because it crosses our territory? Probably not.

The pipeline will pass. The democrats are just busy making out their list of what they want in return. Meanwhile 43,000 American jobs will collect dust in the wings. $3 billion in American worker's pockets being held hostage by democrats. I hope voters remember in 2016 -working class voters.
yeah, the pipeline can hire all the laid off oil hands...

Any layoffs won't be for long. Sadly we'll be paying more at the pumps soon enough I'm afraid. :)

Crude has to get to market. I've been trying to explain to people that it's going to the Gulf and to Mid west refineries no matter how long this dog and pony show from the White House and the Dems go on.

The Keystone from Hardisty to the Gulf was completed last year. I always found it bizarre that the anti Keystone protestors didn't make a peep about Keystone I, Keystone II, Keystone III or III b) but are only screaming about the XL.

They were silent about the building of the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights pipelines by Enbridge which cross our borders as well.

Crickets on all of this. It's really fucked up. Pardon my french.

ETA: They are also silent about the rail and trucking industries carrying the crude to the Gulf and other refineries.
seeing how i work for a steel mill who is directly affected by these things. You have no clue as to what you are talking about or how a mill is run.

So the Dems in the Senate are blocking the will of duly elected representatives in the House, blocking measures that would help American unemployment at no cost to the taxpayer. And this is OK because?
Senate blocks swift passage of Keystone XL pipeline bill - Yahoo News
Lets see....the Dems blocked a bill......That brings the score up to Dems one repubs about a million.
As I've stated before, there are a myriad of amendments being attached to this bill. Attached, removed, amended, re-attached, redacted. Shit moves fast on The Hill. I've resigned myself to sit back and enjoy the show.
What's so bad about requiring American steel to be used and the refined products to be sold here? Isn't that what repubs have been claiming all along? Why are they refusing to allow that to be put in the bill?
It's "Free Market" blasphemy to protect American industry and jobs.

Last edited:
So the Dems in the Senate are blocking the will of duly elected representatives in the House, blocking measures that would help American unemployment at no cost to the taxpayer. And this is OK because?
Lets see....the Dems blocked a bill......That brings the score up to Dems one repubs about a million.
As I've stated before, there are a myriad of amendments being attached to this bill. Attached, removed, amended, re-attached, redacted. Shit moves fast on The Hill. I've resigned myself to sit back and enjoy the show.
What's so bad about requiring American steel to be used and the refined products to be sold here? Isn't that what repubs have been claiming all along? Why are they refusing to allow that to be put in the bill?
It's Free Market blasphemy to protect American industry and jobs.
Well, it's right wing blasphemy anyway.

The pipeline will pass. The democrats are just busy making out their list of what they want in return. Meanwhile 43,000 American jobs will collect dust in the wings. $3 billion that could be in American worker's pockets being held hostage by democrats. I hope voters remember that in 2016 -working class voters.

16,000 in the oil industry just lost their jobs last week alone, and you think this pipeline is going to create 43,000 new jobs. LOL

darn that wraskly wrabbit...
>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<
"wrabbit"......??????

how about a stubborn, stupid, lazy, obstructionist fucking jackass

stock-vector-a-vector-illustration-of-cartoon-farmer-man-pulling-a-stubborn-mule-127503002.jpg

:up: .... :lmao:

I'm not so clear on the "American steel" issue. It could be bogus. Maybe you could expound on that?

As for the refined products- America's oil and gas industries are no longer quarantined within its borders. It must be expanded to world markets. The efficiencies of worldwide throughput marketing are a complex issue.

Think about your cardiovascular system. You wouldn't want your blood flow to suddenly stop at any given point would you? You'd develop a clot and die.

The U.S. liquid and gaseous hydrocarbon industries are clotting, and it is killing commerce. There must be throughput and flow.

It's Free Market blasphemy to protect American industry and jobs.
Well, it's right wing blasphemy anyway.
I usually put "Free Market" in quotes to indicate that it is not a real thing.

on the flip side we have this:
Republicans say no to American-made steel for Keystone XL

Republicans like to point to Keystone XL as one of their signature jobs bills and, when oil prices are high, like to imply that it would mean cheap oil flowing free in America. But Tuesday afternoon they voted down two Democratic amendments aimed at just those issues.

Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey's amendment to the Keystone bill would have prohibited oil shipped through the pipeline from being exported. It was killed by a 57 to 42 vote. Minnesota Sen. Al Franken's amendment would have required that the pipeline be built with American steel. It was killed by a 53 to 46 vote.

So The Gop votes down these and the Dems vote down the pipeline overall. Context helps i guess.
So we could say the GOP hates the american worker.......just like the OP.

I'm not so clear on the "American steel" issue. It could be bogus. Maybe you could expound on that?

As for the refined products- America's oil and gas industries are no longer quarantined within its borders. It must be expanded to world markets. The efficiencies of worldwide throughput marketing are a complex issue.

Think about your cardiovascular system. You wouldn't want your blood flow to suddenly stop at any given point would you? You'd develop a clot and die.

The U.S. liquid and gaseous hydrocarbon industries are clotting, and it is killing commerce. There must be throughput and flow.
That's why everybody has been trying to tell teabaggers that we will get no reduction in fuel costs, and no boost in energy self sufficiency. Of course they refuse to believe that.

That's why everybody has been trying to tell teabaggers that we will get no reduction in fuel costs, and no boost in energy self sufficiency. Of course they refuse to believe that.
You tell me what's more valuable. A whole lot of $100 "fuel" or no $1 "fuel".

You really are such a stupid fuck.

Despite all the Republican predictions about Obama restricting oil US production and deliberately driving prices up, domestic oil production is soaring and prices are dropping.
Why shouldn't we believe Obama's judgement on the XL over the shrill howling from the other side?
He's been right so far.

:lmao:

Those figures are not based in reality and are the absolute high-end estimates by the lobbyists who are trying to get it built. It's one of the reasons republicans look so bought off on this issue, they are over-selling it to the max and counting on America to not check up on how disappointing it will really turn out.

43,000 was a figure from your very own State Department.

The oil and natural gas industries are capital intensive and filled with risk.

Liberals on the other hand have no concept of earned capital and could give a flying fuck about risk.

You tell me what's more valuable. A whole lot of $100 "fuel" or no $1 "fuel".

You really are such a stupid fuck.
What the fuck are you rambling about now?

Since you seem to be eminently knowledgeable on the subject, could you please tell if there is any truth in the statement that "all of the Canadian crude that passes through the Keystone pipeline will be exported". ? :dunno:
Not all of it, just the portion that the rest of the world buys on the open market where it must be sold, it will not be an insignificant percentage and it will not be the answer to energy independence that the more optimistic republicans are touting.
The international exchange of goods and services is what makes world economies hum. Why should oil be treated differently? :dunno: Why do we have a 40 year old (not virgin) embargo on U.S. crude oil exports? (I know the answer but I'll let you fiddle with it).
Who's talking about America? The Canadian oil production is up for grabs, does it become American crude just because it crosses our territory? Probably not.
Also, thank-you for reminding me about the crude embargo, are republicans out to kill that one too?

What next? Demand that car companies can only use American raw materials in their cars? Demand Gibson guitars who import raw materials to make their product only allow their guitars to be sold in America and no musician can take their guitar abroad?

How far do you want to take this? Why would you have these restrictions placed on a pipeline that's just going to fucking carry crude?

Keystone XL can't fucking do anything about your refineries. They are just a fucking pipeline.

16,000 in the oil industry just lost their jobs last week alone, and you think this pipeline is going to create 43,000 new jobs. LOL

That's the figure from your state department sparky. Relating only to the XL. Not the oil fields or refineries.

Get a freaking grip.

The oil and natural gas industries are capital intensive and filled with risk.

Liberals on the other hand have no concept of earned capital and could give a flying fuck about risk.
I have a concept of it, I just do not make the travails of capitalism my only consideration. I do not empathize with speculators and hedge funds if their bets do not pay off, enough speculation does pay off to keep gas in my tank and really, that's all any consumer ought to care about.

That's the figure from your state department sparky. Relating only to the XL. Not the oil fields or refineries.

Get a freaking grip.
Got a link?

43,000 was a figure from your very own State Department.
Until you provide your sources all I see is a very large round number coming from you.

Forum List

Back