occupy wall st will have the same effect as tahrir square

The "Occupy Wall St." protest is having a profound affect on the politics of this country:

It has focused and reinforced a huge portion of the American population who believe that private industry - especially the financial industry, not the government or the government debt, are responsible for our current economic problems.

This protest may not be drawing much attention from any of the major media, but it has gotten huge grassroot internet attention. It has brought into question the integrity of all the major media.

I think that in every way this protest is meeting or exceeding the expectations of it's organizers!

Did they shutdown Wall Street?

I know that some folks are apoplectic that anybody is protesting on wall street, but other than the heartening effect that it is having on some folks, and the ire is is raising in others?

It's really no big deal.

It serves to show our government that some of us understand the cause of the economic meltdown and we're damned pissed about it.

That's about the best thing I can see coming out of it.

It's a good purpose, but it's not going to change our world much.
They appear to be growing.

A few hundred or even a few thousand protestors will not shut down Wall Street.

How about a few hundred thousand?

Remember when Mubarak said it could never happen in Egypt?

If unemployment is as high next November as it is today, there will be legions protesting the rich parasites that have bought the US Government.

By then the rich will be gone! Taking the jobs and industry with them and frankly, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Wall St. should shut down overnight. Fire everyone. Every janitor, clerk, secretary and receptionist. Pack up and go to India.

It would be GREAT to see these protesters get exactly what they have coming. And, the resulting civil war will be an excellent and appropriate post script to the fraud in the white house.

They appear to be growing.

A few hundred or even a few thousand protestors will not shut down Wall Street.

How about a few hundred thousand?

Remember when Mubarak said it could never happen in Egypt?

If unemployment is as high next November as it is today, there will be legions protesting the rich parasites that have bought the US Government.

By then the rich will be gone! Taking the jobs and industry with them and frankly, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Wall St. should shut down overnight. Fire everyone. Every janitor, clerk, secretary and receptionist. Pack up and go to India.

It would be GREAT to see these protesters get exactly what they have coming. And, the resulting civil war will be an excellent and appropriate post script to the fraud in the white house.
Why do you suppose Goldman Sachs gave "the fraud in the White House" more money than any other presidential candidate prior to 2008?

Since only the Soviet Union lost more jobs in a single decade than the US lost between 2001 and 2010, do you expect the parasites to open shop in Moscow?

Instead of firing the janitors, we should be prosecuting the rich bankers responsible for our never-ending recession.

The "Occupy Wall St." protest is having a profound affect on the politics of this country:

It has focused and reinforced a huge portion of the American population who believe that private industry - especially the financial industry, not the government or the government debt, are responsible for our current economic problems.

This protest may not be drawing much attention from any of the major media, but it has gotten huge grassroot internet attention. It has brought into question the integrity of all the major media.

I think that in every way this protest is meeting or exceeding the expectations of it's organizers!

Yeah it defines progressives as dirty losers ...

Camping for two weeks on the streets of NYC? seriously? :lol:

I'm sure the retarded believe this is some kind of "October Revolution" but in reality you're just a bunch of dumb greedy beggars who want something for free...

I wonder how many more independent clean-cut professional and educated voters you lost from this little stunt??

The DNC is fucked at this point..

So yes it has a profound impact on politics...

By then the rich will be gone! Taking the jobs and industry with them

Not possible. The jobs don't come from rich people but from demand for the products to be made. As long as that demand remains, so will the jobs.

Very few Americans know that the FBI began warning of an epidemic of mortgage fraud in 2004.
With 80% of the fraud ascribed to lenders, most of whom were not covered by the CRA.

If enough Americans come to realize what happened in the Fall of 2008 was due to massive amounts of control fraud on Wall Street and neither elected Republicans nor Democrats have charged a single banker with as much as a single crime, we will see millions of pissed off voters "protesting"

Hopefully, at the ballot box in November of 2012.

Not possible. The jobs don't come from rich people but from demand for the products to be made. As long as that demand remains, so will the jobs.

There is Ideal, Vision, Discovery, Innovation, competence. You stand on it's neck and in the end you are going to be sitting on your ass rubbing to sticks together trying to make a fire to keep warm. Stop blaming accomplishment for your problems and punishing them for overcoming the obstacles.

You're all pussies I have never seen the most lamo protesters in the universe. Dear lord you people are a joke.

Ok.

Let's talk protest 101.

Look like you care. Look like you have some sort of mission other than I care. I'm laughing too hard now. Back later to give you fools some real tips.

There is Ideal, Vision, Discovery, Innovation, competence. You stand on it's neck and in the end you are going to be sitting on your ass rubbing to sticks together trying to make a fire to keep warm. Stop blaming accomplishment for your problems and punishing them for overcoming the obstacles.

Like inefficient "green jobs?"

Yeah it defines progressives as dirty losers ...

Camping for two weeks on the streets of NYC? seriously? :lol:

I'm sure the retarded believe this is some kind of "October Revolution" but in reality you're just a bunch of dumb greedy beggars who want something for free...

I wonder how many more independent clean-cut professional and educated voters you lost from this little stunt??

The DNC is fucked at this point..

So yes it has a profound impact on politics...

If he is really surfacing again, I will personally take a mission to take that little snake Van Jones out.

I can't beleive the little puke is coming up for air again. Game on. I have a lot of time on my hands. Did you one time.Will do you again. Time to wake up Trevor.

Products can be made in many places other than the US and now SOLD in many other places than the US. At one time, the US was the biggest customer base in the world. No longer. China and India both have more people than the US, as industry grows there, they will be able to buy what we used to and can't any more. It's the BRIC nations that are on the rise now.

Stock trading is even more than that. The produce is in pixels. It's not even on paper anymore. You get confirmation of your trade in an e-mail. It can be done anywhere. Wall St. could be a floating barge in the middle of the Atlantic.

How the fuck is private industry responsible for a government that spends trillions more that it takes in? The public debt is crushing the private sector and idiots like you blame the private sector?

As for the "huge portion" of the American population that believe as you do? Show me one poll that demonstrates that. The major media hasn't covered the protest because 150 people protesting vague concepts isn't news. It's become news now because of the arrests that the activists have forced.

So go on blocking major American cities and see how much of the American population sides with you when a bunch of anarchists put their jobs in peril. You see the kids camping out down on Wall Street don't HAVE jobs so they don't care if they shut down cities. You want to see some pissed off people? Start taking money out of the pockets of the people lucky enough to still have work...money that they can't afford to lose.

Last edited:

How the fuck is private industry responsible for a government that spends trillions more that it takes in? The public debt is crushing the private sector and idiots like you blame the private sector?

As for the "huge portion" of the American population that believe as you do? Show me one poll that demonstrates that. The major media hasn't covered the protest because 150 people protesting vague concepts isn't news. It's become news now because of the arrests that the activists have forced.

So go on blocking major American cities and see how much of the American population sides with you when a bunch of anarchists put their jobs in peril. You see the kids camping out down on Wall Street don't HAVE jobs so they don't care if they shut down cities. You want to see some pissed off people? Start taking money out of the pockets of the people lucky enough to still have work...money that they can't afford to lose.
Private sector isn't responsible. Thing is? You have too many moochers and not enough money. So these cretins go on a rampage demanding more. And one other thing? Obama continues to squeeze the Golden Goose by the neck, but all it is producing now is shit, which further infuriates the moochers AND Obama.

I'm flabbergasted that none of these lefty protestors are armed. Didn't they learn anything from the Tea Party?
And show once instance where the Tea Party showed up armed?

Second, what would you like these lefty protesters to DO with said arms they should be carrying in your mind?

Last edited:
I'm flabbergasted that none of these lefty protestors are armed. Didn't they learn anything from the Tea Party?

Second, what would you like these lefty protesters to DO with said arms they should be carrying in your mind?
You question the same as I did...it's insane and frankly mindless drivel by LaDorka.

Like inefficient "green jobs?"

Elaborate.

From my perspective, if it's not capable of standing on it's own, it's not worth putting a penny into. You have a formula that works, great. If the formula is in the Red, Multiplying it will end up with a greater negative return. Look at ACORN multiplying the National Debt, with Schemes. The more you give them, the greater the black hole.

You question the same as I did...it's insane and frankly mindless drivel by LaDorka.
Notice how fast she shut her liehole.

The Daily Bell - Blaming Wall Street Is Wrong

“To get at the root of the problem, one should be protesting, say, in London’s City where central banking originated. Or protesting in front of the Federal Reserve in Washington DC. These are real seats of power. But the shadowy and excessively powerful and wealthy individuals who have created the modern economic system are quite satisfied no doubt to have Wall Street take the blame. It suits their purposes,”

Is your memory freezing up?

"For an SEIU-sponsored labor rally scheduled for today in Atlanta to support public employees, Tea Party supporters sent out an alert via the right-wing website Freerepublic.com asking for armed protesters to show up in response. Jay Bookman of the Atlanta Journal Constitution broke the story..."

Art Levine: Tea Party Calls for Armed Counter Protesters at Atlanta Labor Rally

Forum List

Back