Occupy Wall Street: The Movement Grows

Many of them do work,

You can't spend a month at a shit-in and hold a job.

they do have a coherent message

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, the Shitters most certainly do not.

(I just restated it above),

No, you stated YOUR views, not those of the Shitter movement.

BIG difference.

and they most certainly will effect change.

Only the ensuring of Obama's defeat.

Let's say that what you claim is 100% true and accurate.

What has [Occupy Wall Street] done to alter the influence that the rich and powerful have?

Made it part of the current public dialog, and prevented the subject from getting swept under the table.

I've challenged you repeatedly to substantiate your claim (lie) that people actually ARE in harder circumstances than 1980, or particularly 1960.

No you haven't. This is the first time you've done that.

That real wage have dropped over the past thirty years is an established fact. When you also include the fact that health-care costs have risen dramatically, as has the cost of a college education, the situation looks even worse. This is not even seriously disputed, and I've presented links elsewhere showing that it is true.

I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post because it consists of empty-rhetoric cheap shots and general garbage.

EDIT: As was the entirety of your last post.

I generally don't bother with people who only want to spew bile and venom instead of thinking.

Last edited:
There's an army of bureaucratics at the SSA who are cooking the Trust FUnd books that would disagree with you. And FDR would WHACK YOU Up the side of your head with his walker for that. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, he would -- except he's dead. (Did he ever have a walker? I thought it was a wheelchair.)

Setting aside whether his political reasons for doing it that way are still sound, though, the point is that since it's an involuntary program, the funds taken from people to pay for it must be called taxes. And that means that those 47% of the people that this false right-wing meme says pay no taxes, DO pay taxes. They're not paying their Social Security expenses -- they're paying my mother's.

And since they're paying my mother's Social Security benefits, it's totally wrong-headed to suggest that richer people are carrying them while they coast.

Everything you said applies to INSURANCE programs. You are paying other folks bills now, so that yours will covered in the future. In fact --- now that premiums are below payments in 2010 -- current workers are paying for TODAYS retirees PLUS repaying the interest and STOLEN FICA EXCESS that they PREVIOUSLY paid in. Not saying that ANYBODY is coasting here. That's the point of UNIVERSAL. It's supposed to be a worker funded program. In reality the BENEFITS are truly progressive not regressive because everytime the cap is raised, the benefit to the middle and upper workers is reduced.

You cannot adequately do fiducial management of these programs by untying their contributions from Payroll taxes. That's EXACTLY why the left WANTS to hide the accounting now. So that there is no appearance of a funding problem or crisis. Just bury it in the budget -- no more problem..

George Will takes out the OWS movement with a single paragraph

"Still, OWS’ defenders correctly say it represents progressivism’s spirit and intellect. Because it embraces spontaneity and deplores elitism, it eschews deliberation and leadership. Hence its agenda, beyond eliminating one of the seven deadly sins (avarice), is opaque. Its meta-theory is, however, clear: Washington is grotesquely corrupt and insufficiently powerful."

Read more: Occupy Wall Street a boon to right--George F. Will - NYPOST.com

George Will takes out the OWS movement with a single paragraph

"Still, OWS’ defenders correctly say it represents progressivism’s spirit and intellect. Because it embraces spontaneity and deplores elitism, it eschews deliberation and leadership. Hence its agenda, beyond eliminating one of the seven deadly sins (avarice), is opaque. Its meta-theory is, however, clear: Washington is grotesquely corrupt and insufficiently powerful."

Read more: Occupy Wall Street a boon to right--George F. Will - NYPOST.com

Damn is that is true those who are protesting do not know who is supporting them from the back. Man are they stupid.

Will is an idiot. This is a great danger to the right, because it presents an alternate populist narrative besides that of the Tea Party, a different story about who's up/who's down and who's in/who's out and why ordinary people face such troubles.

If Bloomberg sends in the cops tomorrow to evict OWS from the park, as there's a rumor that he will, the result will be to increase the protest movements everywhere else. It will be setting a match to dry gunpowder. Remains to be seen whether the rumor is correct, of course.

Last edited:
Is there anything more stupid or idiotic than this? Really. Isn't this the HEIGHT of manipulation.

IF these millionaires are so serious about increasing taxes on the wealthy, you just have to ask if they take advantage of every loophole themselves? Do they claim every deduction they are entitlted to. How much is the separate check they write the Treasury Department every year.

They do none of that. They are moved for some emotion that causes them to assuage their guilt at being wealthy by raising taxes on everyone else. They will take advantage of every loophole, they will scour the accounting for deductions and no they won't write a separate check to the Treasury.

I am no millionaire, but my income is six digits. My instructions to my highly paid tax accountant are the same every year. Get me as many deductions as I am entitled to, but don't get me audited. From time to time I have actually taken a pass on a deduction because my tax guy would say something like, "We believe this year they are looking more closely at xyz type deductions. Let's not push the envelope in that area."

You know when I read a post like yours, if I was a millionaire I'd say, "Why am I even bothering to try and help these morons. Fu*k them. When I look at the money Americans waste on RV's, chrome accessories for pick up trucks, or sporting events it is clear these idiots can not manage the money they have, "let them eat cake."

Yet another example of the authoritarian mentality of the radical left. Who are you to judge what constitutes a waste of money? If they prefer chrome bling for a truck over a case of $300/bottle wine, that is their call, not yours.

I've no doubt their response to you would be just as much a 'fuck you', and it's not because you aren't giving them money; it would be for your meatless arrogance.

In the 1770s when Marie Antoinette was Queen of France, and was told the bread box for most French was empty, she said "Let them eat cake." She was so out-of-touch with reality she believed everyone was like her. If the bread box was empty, go to the cake box. This remark increased hatred ofsKing Louis XVI and Marie. Eventually, both were guillotined for ignoring the needs of the French people. This is a story Wall Street millionaires would do well to remember.[/CENTER]
Yet more hateful and violent rhetoric of the radical left. When someone gets hurt we will blame all of the intentional hateful and violent talk of beheadings and guillotines of the left.

Simply stated when the wealthy see those of lesser financial strength waste money, the wealthy are not inclined to help. If you don't have to worry about food and shelter, and can squander money on chrome accessories for your truck, don't come looking for a handout because of your poor financial planning.

The world is a violent place. The beheading of the King and Queen of France in the eighteenth century serve as a lesson to all. Bury your head in the sand if you like, but don't come crying to me because you can not handle reality. In an instant reality can crash into your life and things change immediately and abruptly. How about a routine visit to your doctor for a check up, only to find out you have six months to live without an operation? If you spent all your money on chrome accessories for your truck and can not afford the operation due to poor financial planning, I could care less. Your bed, you die in it.

Let's get back to roots of our discourse on this thread, so I can show you how wrong you are. I posted that it was encouraging that a group known as 'patriotic millionaires' had entered the discussion of the 99%. You slammed them for not giving more money to the government. Basically, I called you an idiot and said that patriotic millionaires supporting the 99% are a good thing. You sound like a loser who hates millionaires just because you are not in their game. As long as we have millionaires with politics like Bill Maher, I am grateful that they have not forgotten their roots.

You are a rudderless poster who has nothing to say and is really angry at themselves for being a personal financial failure. You wrote yourself off, and you will get what you deserve - nothing. You would do well to learn to respect your betters.

patriotic-millionaires-raise-our-taxes.jpeg

Last edited:
Made it part of the current public dialog, and prevented the subject from getting swept under the table.

The Tea Party already did that.

The Shitters contribution is, uh, well.

I know, "Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee."

Bullshit.

That real wage have dropped over the past thirty years is an established fact.

Really?

So the hours at minimum wage to buy a loaf of bread, a car, a TV, a computer, a house, et al; are greater today than 30 years ago? Shall we test this?

Fact are the enemy of Marxists.

When you also include the fact that health-care costs have risen dramatically, as has the cost of a college education, the situation looks even worse. This is not even seriously disputed, and I've presented links elsewhere showing that it is true.

And I nailed you on it then.

Health care has risen because people simply didn't have the care options 30 years ago that they do now. How much did it cost for an MRI in 1980? Stint surgery? Lapband? Lasik?

I'm not going to bother with the rest of your post because it consists of empty-rhetoric cheap shots and general garbage.

You've got nothing but bullshit, and everyone here knows it.

I generally don't bother with people who only want to spew bile and venom instead of thinking.

Again you run, again you made a claim you cannot support so you throw a tantrum and run..

Shit has hit the fan at "Occupy Philadelphia". Anarchists promoting violence are taking charge.

Total chaos is breaking out over at Occupy Philadelphia’s Facebook page. Either the administration went berserk or someone else—someone identifying himself as ‘Jay’—has hijacked the keys to the movement’s digital kingdom.

Posts have been fast and furious, full of ALL CAPS and curses. Many address Cindy Milstein, an activist based in San Francisco who has spoken at the rally.

The first bizarre post came at 1:20 p.m.:

“To the people of this fanpage, I(Jay) have removed all other admins for the time being. Truth is Philly there’s a major issue happening at City Hall. A national anarchist committee have integrated themselves and attempt to control the peaceful movement through violence. Please educate yourselves on Cindy Milstein she isn’t from Philadelphia she does not know the violence we endure everyday in our neighborhoods. This group of anarchist commit themselves to prey upon movements like ours. Please research. Again I willingly removed all other admins to preserve our movement in the purest form that it should remain.”

All Hell Breaks Loose on Occupy Philadelphia Facebook Page | PhillyNow | A blog about Philadelphia news, politics and culture by Philadelphia Weekly

and it seems there's been some charges of racisim.

“That racist fight that occur at City Hall really did happen I apologize to the sisters for the behavior a few assholes.

please confirm the visual of tosh who called you the N word please notice the big A on his arm in this video”

All of this discussion about whether the very rich inherited their money or worked for it, and whether they pay any taxes or not, is skewing off on tangents that aren't really relevant.

Most very rich people worked quite hard to get there; definitely NOT in proportion to how much people who make much less work so as to justify their wealth on that basis -- there aren't enough hours in a day for that -- but most did not inherit it all. But so what?

The point of this protest has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that:

1) Wall Street, corporate America, and the rich and powerful have excessive influence over the government that undermines democracy and makes the government serve private greed instead of the public interest.

2) Because of this, the rules of the economic game are set so as to concentrate wealth increasingly over time in a few hands, leaving everyone else with harder and harder circumstances.

The fact that you cannot become one of those few people who are the big winners in such a system by sitting around on your ass is not relevant to that in any way.

The part where your whole argument falls apart is the fact that you assume that there is a finite sum of wealth to be had. That is wrong. It us entirely possible to also earn wealth right along with the rich. There isn't some limited amount that if one person makes money, some others can't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNEfdiYKvk&feature]Well Informed Occupy Wall Street Protester - Captnmidnite - YouTube[/ame]

Bullshit.

Really?

So the hours at minimum wage to buy a loaf of bread, a car, a TV, a computer, a house, et al; are greater today than 30 years ago? Shall we test this?

Health care has risen because people simply didn't have the care options 30 years ago that they do now. How much did it cost for an MRI in 1980? Stint surgery? Lapband? Lasik?

Again you run, again you made a claim you cannot support so you throw a tantrum and run..

Sorry, the national spotlight has moved off of the Tea Party after they made fools of themselves in the debt ceiling debate. The Teabaggers just did not know how to govern, and stay on their agenda. As the Tea Party fades into history we should give them credit for waking up moderate Republicans, Conservative Democrats, and the left.

Thanks, we can hand the rest of it from here, but you are welcome to sign up with us. We hate Wall Street Millionaires, Republicans and Democrats. In the end the only ones who will stand up for the 1% are the 1%. Even some of them have joined the 99%, they are known as Patriotic Millionaires.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPfe9CS-Ng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPfe9CS-Ng[/ame]

Last edited:

Bullshit.

Really?

Sorry, the national spotlight has moved off of the Tea Party after they made fools of themselves in the debt ceiling debate. The Teabaggers just did not know how to govern, and stay on their agenda. As the Tea Party fades into history we should give them credit for waking up moderate Republicans, Conservative Democrats, and the left.

Thanks, we can hand the rest of it from here, but you are welcome to sign up with us. We hate Wall Street Millionaires, Republicans and Democrats. In the end the only ones who will stand up for the 1% are the 1%. Even some of them have joined the 99%, they are known as Patriotic Millionaires.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPfe9CS-Ng]The Agenda Project: Patriotic Millionaires - YouTube[/ame]
Sorry, the Tea Party stands for personal liberties and freedoms and detests government intrusion. OWS does not.

Good luck convincing America otherwise.

;)

Preius::

Thanks, we can hand the rest of it from here, but you are welcome to sign up with us. We hate Wall Street Millionaires, Republicans and Democrats. In the end the only ones who will stand up for the 1% are the 1%. Even some of them have joined the 99%, they are known as Patriotic Millionaires

Sorry I'm not impressed.. What do you want? A big ass thank-you for the grandstanding "patriotism"? How about they all wear Red,White, and Blue armbands so that we can bow at their feet?

First off -- Very few of America's Millionaires are Wall Street. The vast majority of the 100s of THOUSANDS of Millionaires in America are Entertainers, Sports Figures, Authors, Inventors, or are HARD-WORKING business people. Those making a living STRICTLY as corporate execs or financial figures is a miniscule portion of the 1%.

By villifying the Capitalist System and focusing the scapegoating on Wall Street -- the left has done the neccessary propagandizing to focus outrage on the MINORITY of "the rich" in order to plunder them all. There is no justification for plundering Hollywood --- or is there???

When the cast of Two and a Half Men have 4 stars that pull down over $200,000 per episode while the starving walk-ons mixing Jamba Juices in their real jobs make $200 per episode -- there's no outrage is there?

When the uniform management crew of the Baltimore Ravens make $25,000 and the quarterback makes $25Mill -- there's no outrage is there? YET the MAJORITY of Millionaires in this country are protected from the mobs for THEIR skyrocketing wages and benefits. How damn convienient.

You're fooling yourselves if you think that punishing Jay Leno, Phil Mickelson and Justin Bieber is akin to "patriotism". And your "Flea Party" is nothing other than a bunch of misinformed scavengers picking apart what's left of the carcass of an economy that NO ONE wants to fix..

I think I'll start a "Patriotic Have-Nots" Those 49% of American filers who currently pay NOTHING to the General Fund. THey are all gonna pledge 1% of their WAGES to patriotic subsidization of BIGGER more arrogant, more incompetent Government. Now THAT would deserve a standing ovation for MEANINGFUL sacrifice... Wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back