Ocean acidification

Explain to me how corals and similar life forms evolved in times of 20x higher atmospheric CO2?
What difference would atmospheric CO2 make? Corals live underwater. The water is not the atmosphere. Duh.
AAAAAAHHHHHH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! HOO HOO HEE HEE HAH HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA>SNORK-GASP-CHOKE< HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

The trouble with lying all the time is that you have to continually remember who you lied to and what that lie was. I think you just forgot who you were talking to spuddytuber.

What difference would atmospheric CO2 make? Corals live underwater. The water is not the atmosphere. Duh.

Do you read your own posts? Did you read any of the other posts in here?

What a fucking retard!

They do live underwater.

Okay science whiz, what do real scientists say happens to coral (even the underwater ones) when the CO2 level in the atomosphere goes higher? We've only gone over that two or three times here since you showed up. *knock* *knock* Hello, you retaining anything in that brain?

What a fucking retard!

They do live underwater.

Okay science whiz, what do real scientists say happens to coral (even the underwater ones) when the CO2 level in the atomosphere goes higher? We've only gone over that two or three times here since you showed up. *knock* *knock* Hello, you retaining anything in that brain?

I thought the problem was ocean CO2 content, not atmospheric.

They do live underwater.

I thought the problem was ocean CO2 content, not atmospheric.

Unhook him guys, no brain function. I call it at 11:42pm.

What a fucking retard!

They do live underwater.

So you are denying the theory of CO2 leading to ocean acidification you and your side have spent threads and days arguing?

yeah you really ARE that completely ignorant....

This thread is about the theory that atmospheric CO2 causes ocean to turn acidic killing coral and similar life forms.... YOUR SIDE makes the claim as CO2 levels in the atmosphere rise, the oceans absorb more CO2 lowering their PH and turning them acidic. This acidification according to their theory kills coral and various other life forms that are especially sensitive to lowered PH and acidification.

NOW PLAY TIME IS OVER DIPSHIT!!!!!

I am fucking DONE tolerating you, your socks or proxies and all of your insanely ignorant ramblings... You do not understand even the basics of the crap you come in here and argue for, you do not read the thread well enough to make a valid point, and all the while you try and claim you are a graduate student PHD candidate in Astrophysics......

If you do not have anything more to offer than your idiotic trolling and bullshit, then do us and yourself a favor and shut the fuck up now....

MORON!!!!

Last edited:

What a fucking retard!

They do live underwater.
Here's a little remembered fact by those who never took college level earth sciences. Oceans are technically a level of atmosphere, called a hydrosphere. There is great levels of interchange between it and the atmosphere. Far more than with the atmosphere and land.

Thank you for debunking your claims of college level intelligence and doctoral dissertations. You're done here.

What a fucking retard!

They do live underwater.
Here's a little remembered fact by those who never took college level earth sciences. Oceans are technically a level of atmosphere, called a hydrosphere.
So what's the pH of the rest of the atmosphere?

I always thought pH of a liquid was influenced by more than just the CO2 content of the air above it. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
They do live underwater.
Here's a little remembered fact by those who never took college level earth sciences. Oceans are technically a level of atmosphere, called a hydrosphere.

I always thought pH of a liquid was influenced by more than just the CO2 content of the air above it. Am I wrong?
Nope, you flunked out. I'm not wasting my time on you anymore, child. Try again somewhere else at a different school

Nope, you flunked out. I'm not wasting my time on you anymore, child. Try again somewhere else at a different school

So the pH of a fluid is a measure of the CO2 in the air above it? I had no idea.

ps...........anything to do with climate is not science. Lets just get that out of the way please. Its not any more "science" than any of the social sciences.

Science is chemistry..........physics. Thats it..........everything else is hardly hard science. There is zero consensus on any "science" that is environmentally related. Its all conjecture and depends upon which theory one wants to embrace.

You say that only because you're an ignorant retard with his head jammed firmly up his ass. Sane, rational, intelligent adults know better than to believe your denier cult brand of anti-science bullshit.

ps...........anything to do with climate is not science. Lets just get that out of the way please. Its not any more "science" than any of the social sciences.

Science is chemistry..........physics. Thats it..........everything else is hardly hard science. There is zero consensus on any "science" that is environmentally related. Its all conjecture and depends upon which theory one wants to embrace.

You say that only because you're an ignorant retard with his head jammed firmly up his ass. Sane, rational, intelligent adults know better than to believe your faither cult brand of anti-science bullshit.

Yes we do.....

This thread is about the theory that atmospheric CO2 causes ocean to turn acidic killing coral and similar life forms.... YOUR SIDE makes the claim as CO2 levels in the atmosphere rise, the oceans absorb more CO2 lowering their PH and turning them acidic. This acidification according to their theory kills coral and various other life forms that are especially sensitive to lowered PH and acidification.

------------------------------------------------

What don't you understand about that? It's a good thing playtime is over, because you apparently need to hit the books. More CO2 in the atmosphere means more CO2 dissolved into the ocean. More CO2 in water means lower pH. That's simple basic science.

Is it just me or has recess run amok?

RecessAllGrowedDownScreenshot.jpg

U no lissin to me! U poopiehed!
Gimme!
No!
Me in charge!
U no be bossy! Me rite me boss!

Chilluns, get thee back to nickjr.

What don't you understand about that? It's a good thing playtime is over, because you apparently need to hit the books. More CO2 in the atmosphere means more CO2 dissolved into the ocean. More CO2 in water means lower pH. That's simple basic science.

Why don't you and spiderman tube have a little aside on that then. He seems confused. Then you two can come back here and counter how we have experienced much higher levels of CO2 in the water and the undersea creatures adapted.

You say that only because you're an ignorant retard with his head jammed firmly up his ass. Sane, rational, intelligent adults know better than to believe your faither cult brand of anti-science bullshit.

Yes we do.....

What you mean "we", trolltard? There is no universe anywhere where anyone would ever consider you 'sane', 'rational' or 'intelligent'. You are a retarded ignorant troll with your head jammed even farther up your ass than 'skookerassbite' has his head up his ass. Neither of you know anything about science and you're both totally ignorant about climate science.

Why don't you and spiderman tube have a little aside on that then. He seems confused. Then you two can come back here and counter how we have experienced much higher levels of CO2 in the water and the undersea creatures adapted.

Like most of the scientifically ignorant denier cultists, you fasten onto theoretical arguments that you don't have the background to understand and ignore the measured physical reality that the scientists are talking about. Ancient corals had hundreds of thousands of years to adapt to changing ocean pH. It is quite possible that there was some massive die offs of coral at the times when CO2 levels were higher but the surviving coral adapted over long time frames. Modern corals are being subjected to a rapid acidification process that will probably cause a massive die off.

The important point is that the changes in pH levels and CO2 levels in the oceans and the changes that are happening are not theoretical. These are scientifically observed facts.

Here's an excerpt from an article from last year on this topic:

"The ocean absorbs a quarter of the carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere from human activities. Observations from the last 25 years show increasing acidity in surface seawater, following trends in increasing atmospheric CO2.

“Measured recent increases in ocean acidity follow exactly what is expected from basic chemistry; meanwhile, key ocean regions reveal decreases in shell weights and corals that are less able to build skeletal material,” explains Dr. James Orr, of the Marine Environment Laboratories (MEL-IAEA), Monaco and Chairman of the symposium’s International Scientific Committee.

“The Monaco Declaration is a clear statement from this expert group of marine scientists that ocean acidification is happening fast and highlights the critical importance of documenting associated changes to marine life ”, says Professor Sybil Seitzinger, Executive Director of the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme (IGBP), one of the sponsors of the Symposium.

According to the experts, ocean acidification may render most regions of the ocean inhospitable to coral reefs by 2050, if atmospheric CO2 levels continue to increase. It could lead to substantial changes in commercial fish stocks, threatening food security for millions of people as well as the multi-billion dollar fishing industry.
"

Forum List

Back