oh boo hoo Rand Paul shushed a reporter

Saw about a 30 minute earnest discussion on fox the other night about Rand Paul shushing reporters.
Saw it mentioned on PBS news hour too.

How pathetic of these self-absorbed damn reporters... DO your damn job and tell us some real news or STFU

I'm with you 100%. Rand Paul is going to get crushed by petty bullshit from both the Republican establishment and the Left.

I'm dreading another Clinton run for presidency because your side has created an media industry around dirty laundry. I wish the Clintons would just go away so the media machine could find another person to create bullshit news over. Maybe with a different candidate - one who wasn't so deeply hated - the news stories wouldn't be so blatantly petty and distorted.

I dont think hes going to get crushed......But they are coming after him....They even had to put up a shill (Cruz) to cut into his appeal.

my side?

He could have just answered Kelly's question.

Ah well, the man is deep in crazy. You will have that soon enough.

I didnt see that particular interview.....but my guess it was a dumbass question.

Don't guess.

Well regardless, if he didnt want to answer it.....leave that out in the open ...and move on.

No.

You know the reporter can point out that the question wasn't answered.....maybe even ask it one more time in a little different way but most ask it two or 3 times more......That idiot Stephanopolis must have asked the governor of Indiana(?) the same question 8 times the other day. Just shows himself to be a complete ass.

You think? For someone that hasn't seen any of it?

I didnt see that particular interview.....but my guess it was a dumbass question.

Don't guess.

Well regardless, if he didnt want to answer it.....leave that out in the open ...and move on.

No.

You know the reporter can point out that the question wasn't answered.....maybe even ask it one more time in a little different way but most ask it two or 3 times more......That idiot Stephanopolis must have asked the governor of Indiana(?) the same question 8 times the other day. Just shows himself to be a complete ass.

that was a general response... and I did see the stepnoplois interview

Rand Paul is pretty much blowing up on the launch pad.

f-rocket-a-20141030.jpg
Heard Paul say he would go after Clinton based on her honesty. What an absurd tactic for any politician to use.
Perhaps he is just a foil for the Republicans and has no real ambition to be president

Don't guess.

No.

that was a general response... and I did see the stepnoplois interview

There has not been a whole lot of reporters jacking with Rand. Rand needs to act like an adult.

But, once everything is pulled out and put out on display it will come. He deserves every bit of it.

Politicians of all stripes are subjected to got you questions. It's purpose is to embarrass, not to enlighten the pubic.
I see it as an example of the degeneration of public discourse. Tearing someone down is easy and serves no positive purpose.
Asking questions about policy changes is now considered "gotcha" journalism.

Ridiculous

Politicians of all stripes are subjected to got you questions. It's purpose is to embarrass, not to enlighten the pubic.
I see it as an example of the degeneration of public discourse. Tearing someone down is easy and serves no positive purpose.
Asking questions about policy changes is now considered "gotcha" journalism.

Ridiculous
She was not asking questions She was making statements..that was his point and he was correct

so who is lying. amazing NPR jumped on this stupidity. Steffy the DNC lapdog, I can see. This the political nonsense you get from this media today. petty and biased with the lamesteam media.

SNIP:
No, Rand Paul Didn’t ‘Storm Out’ Of The Guardian Interview
Matt Vespa | Apr 10, 2015

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has tossed his hat in the ring, and he’s already getting some bad reviews on his press performance. He drew the ire of feminist circles when he shushed CNBC’s Kelly Evans in February over vaccines. He got “testy” with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie who asked about his past remarks about Iran, foreign aid, and Israel. Now, he reportedly stormed out of an interview with the Guardian’s Paul Lewis after being asked about white Republican support on criminal justice reform.

It turns out that it really was more of a walk out; a) he walked out of the interview b) the lights were turned off by a CNN producer and c) Paul had to leave; he had an interview with Dana Bash.

Yet, Lewis threw out the statistic that from a Washington Post/ABC News poll, two out of three white Republicans said the law is applied equally in our system of justice, though it wasn’t released last week–as he reports in his video; it was in December of 2014. He was asking Paul how he plans to convince primary voters to back this initiative; it's a fair question.

Paul could have cited how the issue is polling favorably in Texas. In the Lone Star State, a hub for the Tea Party, Wilson Perkins Allen Opinion Research released a poll on behalf of Right On Crime showing incredible support among likely Texas voters for criminal justice reform in February:

• 73% of voters in Texas strongly support reforms that would allow non-violent drug offenders found guilty of possession to be sent to a drug treatment program instead of jail.
  • Voters agree that we should spend more money on effective treatment programs (61%) rather than spending more money on our prison system (26%).
  • 71% of Texans overwhelmingly believe when it comes to truancy, that the criminal justice system should only be involved in severe cases of chronic truancy.
  • A majority of voters (57%) support legislation that would update the felony threshold to $1500 and adjust annually based on the rate of inflation.
  • A majority (57%) support legislation that would reduce time served, so that they could spend part of their sentence being monitored under community supervision.

Right On Crime is a project of the Texas Public Policy Foundation dedicated to finding conservative policies for criminal justice reform. The WPA poll had a sample size of 1,000.

In the end, Lewis admitted that a CNN producer turned off the light, though still dismayed that his interview was cut short from the promised time of six to eight minutes.

all of it here:
No Rand Paul Didn t Storm Out Of The Guardian Interview - Matt Vespa

Heard Paul say he would go after Clinton based on her honesty. What an absurd tactic for any politician to use.
Perhaps he is just a foil for the Republicans and has no real ambition to be president

I think Paul and Cruz and Carson and a lot of these other guys are the equivlent to Bridesmaids.

You know, how the Bridesmaids all have to wear ugly dresses in order to make the Bride look better.

ugly_bridesmaid8.jpg

So the GOP puts up a collection of complete fucking lunatics and mutants to make Jeb Bush look somewhat reasonable.

And then people might even forget that his father and brother were the most fucked up presidents in recent history.

Saw about a 30 minute earnest discussion on fox the other night about Rand Paul shushing reporters.

How pathetic of these self-absorbed damn reporters... DO your damn job and tell us some real news or STFU

It's a pattern of Paul not having the temperament to do the job.

Paul, Walker and Bush are the three I'm looking to support right now. Stuff like this doesn't help Paul.

More Republicans should shush them and walk out. most of them are so Hostile towards any Republican, it's a waste of their time. they ask them about evolution, what newspapers they read, if they support what a pizza parlor did, and endless petty gotcha crap. and when they don't want to answer such a petty stuff. their base goes on a rampage like how Mrs. Palin didn't read or rant about how she can see Russia from her porch.

I think this process is called "Marginalizing" and the Liberal Press has made an art of it. Their proudest work was the Tea Party, which, best I could tell, was a disparate group from all over who mostly wanted to balance the budget and curb the harpies in the federal bureaucracy and the extravagant borrowing and spending by Democrats to buy votes--which has reached the point of naked absurdity.

Out of crowds of good Americans, they found (and filmed) one with a gun; a couple with Rebel flags;a couple more who looked like skinheads---and pounced with ferocity and scurrility, and soon had created a narrative and an image, mostly out of fallacies--that the Tea Party was little more than the Ku Klux Klan.

They pretty much ruined the name Tea Party, and they are most proud of the feat, because they have all learned the politics of Chicago cutthroats, who in their turn, learned them from the Bolsheviks. Tough bunch and a real problem for the liberty of Americans.

But the people who made up the old Tea Party are still around and they still vote----See 2014 Elections.

The guy is a fucking loon. The guy is serious about killing science and defunding infrastructure...Say no little boy Rand.
Obama already crippled NASA, and the infrastructure has further rotted for six years.

Who would notice?

As a progressive and one who thinks that Paul would make a horrible president, I nonetheless think that the questioning of this guy by reporters has been somewhat unfair.

In this instance, I blame the low-level quality of most reporters who are no more than just readers of a script written by others.

"oh boo hoo Rand Paul shushed a reporter"

The lack of political acumen on the part of most on the right is telling.

they are not reporters, they are political operatives.

“So the GOP puts up a collection of complete fucking lunatics and mutants to make Jeb Bush look somewhat reasonable.”

It isn't working.

Forum List

Back