"Oh No" - "Weird" - "Here We Go Again" - "OMG"

I thought Redford was perfect for "The Horse Whisperer" and my all time favorite Robert Redford role has to be something between "The Sting" and "Out of Africa". But playing Oral Roberts? I just don't see it, but like Wavngrl, if he does the role, I would probably watch out of curiosity.

I'm not suggesting this thread should be limited to the Drudge Report who doesn't have a monopoly on weird or shocking news, but today's headlines there didn't disappoint:

Electric carmaker begs people not to buy car...

VIDEO: Al Sharpton Defends Racist Rant: 'It Was Only One Jew'...

VIDEO: Crazed Naked Man Tries To Drag Woman Out Of Car At Intersection...

INSTAGRAM Apologizes For Removing Photo Of Plus-Size Woman In Underwear...

BRIAN WILLIAMS LANDS SNOWDEN INTERVIEW...

Suit filed against student for comments made on professor-rating site...

Last edited:
??? slow news week???

seems like we are close to 'The End'---

that being said.

Redford --a Walk in the Woods---Bill Bryson--expat--living in the UK --goes for a walk on the Appalachian Trail. How, Bob--How? Maybe he can manage some sort of American British accent---go for it.

sigh--Nick Nolte--I think he is the best friend. On occasion NN has done well--don't care for him that much.

Mary Steenburgen Joins Robert Redford, Nick Nolte In 'A Walk In The Woods' - Deadline.com

locally---'Fugitive Doctor Apprehended' ---fled apprehension in an affluent ATL suburb--to Miami--had $30,000 or so in cash and his passport. awaiting extradition.

why---molesting a teenager and another woman--practicing medicine without a license--maybe more.

'Bad Boys---Whatcha Gonna Do'----???

~~~~~~~
I have no words.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - V. Stiviano: The Woman behind the Donald Sterling Scandal Takes off the Visor and Faces Dr. Phil

Excellent book BTW...A Walk in the Woods.

I'm in the middle of a Bill Bryson book right now...[ame="http://www.amazon.com/A-Short-History-Nearly-Everything/dp/076790818X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400858466&sr=8-2&keywords=a+brief+history+of+nearly"]A Short History of Nearly Everything[/ame]...outstanding so far.

I thought Redford was perfect for "The Horse Whisperer" and my all time favorite Robert Redford role has to be something between "The Sting" and "Out of Africa". But playing Oral Roberts? I just don't see it, but like Wavngrl, if he does the role, I would probably watch out of curiosity.

I'm not suggesting this thread should be limited to the Drudge Report who doesn't have a monopoly on weird or shocking news, but today's headlines there didn't disappoint:

Electric carmaker begs people not to buy car...

VIDEO: Al Sharpton Defends Racist Rant: 'It Was Only One Jew'...

VIDEO: Crazed Naked Man Tries To Drag Woman Out Of Car At Intersection...

INSTAGRAM Apologizes For Removing Photo Of Plus-Size Woman In Underwear...

BRIAN WILLIAMS LANDS SNOWDEN INTERVIEW...

Suit filed against student for comments made on professor-rating site...

FF---so true--what you said. Forgot about Horse Whisperer, The Sting, Out of Africa--couldn't think of his film with Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson--was it 'Indecent Proposal'? maybe--will verify this --won't say when.

Drudge--provocative. Will get around to that, too---???when.

I started the day with CNN---a full review of societal ills---'prejudice, bigotry'--another owner ? NBA made a remark. apologized---clarified--may or may not receive a letter from NBA. then we moved on to--LA? woman held hostage for 10 years---accused said it was 'consenual'--LE has failed to provide counsel with discovery--so he couldn't comment on much. Off into the legal realm---I would beg on the streets before I would try to be a criminal attorney, fyi.

With all that covered----thinking about my deceased brother who died on Memorial Day weekend--Veterans----VA---I took my dog for a walk. Humidity is back --yuk -cool enough for jackets on Monday. Such is life in the ATL. apologies extended if I seem to have diverted the course of the thread.

waving at ya.

Did you see "All is Lost"? That is my new favorite Redford movie.

??? slow news week???

seems like we are close to 'The End'---

that being said.

Redford --a Walk in the Woods---Bill Bryson--expat--living in the UK --goes for a walk on the Appalachian Trail. How, Bob--How? Maybe he can manage some sort of American British accent---go for it.

sigh--Nick Nolte--I think he is the best friend. On occasion NN has done well--don't care for him that much.

Mary Steenburgen Joins Robert Redford, Nick Nolte In 'A Walk In The Woods' - Deadline.com

locally---'Fugitive Doctor Apprehended' ---fled apprehension in an affluent ATL suburb--to Miami--had $30,000 or so in cash and his passport. awaiting extradition.

why---molesting a teenager and another woman--practicing medicine without a license--maybe more.

'Bad Boys---Whatcha Gonna Do'----???

~~~~~~~
I have no words.

Dr. Phil.com - Shows - V. Stiviano: The Woman behind the Donald Sterling Scandal Takes off the Visor and Faces Dr. Phil

Excellent book BTW...A Walk in the Woods.

I'm in the middle of a Bill Bryson book right now...[ame="http://www.amazon.com/A-Short-History-Nearly-Everything/dp/076790818X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400858466&sr=8-2&keywords=a+brief+history+of+nearly"]A Short History of Nearly Everything[/ame]...outstanding so far.

BB has written a new book--fyi. ? WWI? I am #42 on the library's list. I have read quite a few of his books. If I were 'having a dinner party'---I would want to invite him. just how I feel.

*http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/books/review/bill-brysons-one-summer-america-1927.html?_r=0

Appalachian Trail---just love it. Walk in the Woods whenever I can---drive out the 'the city'--north---and in 45 minutes I am in the woods. In the fall----well---Blue Ridge Mts. love them ----go there sometimes. The Appalachian Trail------foothills???---little bit of the chain around Atlanta. It is not flat. fyi. Peachtree Road Race runners can verify that.

getting my obsessed perfectionistic self in gear. no cure for this--wish there were. to live at the beach---that did help.

Last edited:
My favorite Drudge headline today was the guy who called in dozens of bomb threats just to get out of going to work.

World's Worst Employee Makes Dozens of Bomb Threats to Get Out of Work | Vocativ

You know some businesses and agencies and schools and such have been dealing with bomb threats since back in the 1970's at least. Only a teensy tiny percentage of those are anything other than just hoaxes and gags. I have always wondered how many of them are perpetuated by employees who just don't want to work or kids who just don't want to take a test on a certain day or whatever.

Where I live regular unleaded has been right at $4.00 a gallon for months.

About $2.30 a gallon higher than when our dear comrade leader took office.
Ahhhh, but in 2008, just 6 months earlier, gasoline prices were the highest they have ever been in our history in the USA, no?

You do realize when you all "say" that President Bush had low gas prices when he left and not mention that we had the highest gas prices evah! before President bush left office and BEFORE the Stock market and mortgage crash and bust, which of course is what LOWERED gas prices at the end of 2008....not the President....

unless of course you want to blame the whole stock market and mortgage crash on President Bush, then you can give him credit for the low gasoline prices, I suppose....:eusa_shifty:

Oregon gas prices hit new high

By Helen Jung | [email protected]
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM, updated June 17, 2008 at 1:24 PM

The price of regular unleaded gas in Oregon soared to a new record today, jumping nine cents in the past week to $4.27 a gallon.

The increase comes as the national average rose 3.5 cents a gallon to $4.08, according to AAA Oregon/Idaho. Oregon, which has the seventh-most expensive gas in the country, is one of 31 states, including Washington state and the District of Columbia, with average gas prices at or above $4 a gallon.

The national average, which posted record high prices for nine days in a row, pulled back two-tenths of a cent today. But AAA said it expects the national average to remain around $4.10 a gallon with the upcoming July 4 holiday, with higher prices on the West Coast.

The high price of crude oil remains the biggest factor driving up gas prices. Oregon gasoline costs $1.14 more per gallon than it did a year ago while the national average is $1.07 more than a year ago.

Gas prices were the lowest in the Salem area, weighing in at $4.238 a gallon. In Portland, the price of a gallon of unleaded was $4.256 and in Eugene/Springfield was $4.300. A gallon of gas in the Medford/Ashland area cost $4.311 and in Vancouver, Wash., cost $4.303.

My favorite Drudge headline today was the guy who called in dozens of bomb threats just to get out of going to work.

World's Worst Employee Makes Dozens of Bomb Threats to Get Out of Work | Vocativ

You know some businesses and agencies and schools and such have been dealing with bomb threats since back in the 1970's at least. Only a teensy tiny percentage of those are anything other than just hoaxes and gags. I have always wondered how many of them are perpetuated by employees who just don't want to work or kids who just don't want to take a test on a certain day or whatever.

only confirms my theories on difficulties in the field of mental health.

Do something like this---which is beyond 'what a reasonable person would do' and activate an expensive system of response. I am in favor of sending such people a bill---perhaps after the court system has been utilized.

so horrified each day--who would do something like that and why? seems to be about all I can say. Then when an explanation is provided----it still doesn't make any sense to me. Entire nation---antisocial in some way--we are living under extreme stress--so it seems.

went to the river with my dog----last day of school yesterday for some-people were putting tubes in the water--dogs played---nobody 'cared' about any news. J and I are just chillin'. living in a big city----close to the action---better further away--jmo.

~~~~
local news---MARTA---public transportation system--always something. things had been pretty 'calm'--under some kind of control--hit a high note a few years ago and something was done---teenage boy was killed and a woman fell onto the tracks--was rescued--homeless/disabled---that sort of thing 'goes on'--24/7. don't have a job--don't have to rely on MARTA--used a bus during the ice storm--car was in the shop--had to walk about 3 miles to an appointment--fortunately I live on a bus route and one happened to come along. had just given my Breeze card to someone who appeared to really need it--thought about that as I walked. Won't do that again. just can't. 'Help Others'---an obsession at times.

this story--my thoughts--human beings---let justice be served./gavel. Gay/Lesbian/transgender----black, white, every ethnicity--and belief or lack of ---that is the ATL. Loved my hometown so long--cannot stop it seems. As Carrie Bradshaw felt about NYC. lol--A Southern Belle---Scarlett O'Hara to some---what I am. lol. I admit to this. The plantation life--Atlanta was mostly farmland--hope everyone is clear about that. They built the railroad--economic growth--and commerce was added. Agrarian society--yes, indeedy---that is what went on---growing vegetables to feed families and raising cows and chickens to make $. Real Atlanta.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/marta-investigates-brawl-left-transgendered-woman-/nf6bP/

Last edited:
historical news---

Rare footage shows FDR walking at 1937 MLB All-Star Game - CNN.com

~~~~
today--what can be said? not much. Clayton County---has some serious challenges--maybe the most in metro ATL. putting a stop to some of that. what everyone wants--really, really wants. law abiding citizens.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/clayton-inmate-gets-life-sentence-for-fight-over-c/nf6cg/

<This afternoon, William Alexander Brooks pleaded guilty to murdering, Kenneth Robert Grochowski over the candy, according to Channel 2 Action News. He was given life with the possiblity of parole.

Brooks, who drowned Grochowski in the cell&#8217;s toilet, was originally arrested in August 2012, on theft charges. The incident between cellmates happened August 14 or 15, according to police. Grochowski, 57, was found unresponsive around midnight following roll call.

The fight began after Grochowski purchased the candy from the prison commissary and gave Brooks one of the chocolate and peanut butter cups. The two argued because Brooks wanted all of the candy. Brooks hit Grochowski and then held his head in the toilet, according to the television station.

Grochowski a fugitive from Illinois, was wanted was wanted for weapons charges, DUI charges and for eluding police. Crisp said he was arrested Aug. 8, 2012, after he landed at Harstfield-Jackson International Airport, arriving from South America
>

Last edited:
historical news---

~~~~
today--what can be said? not much. Clayton County---has some serious challenges--maybe the most in metro ATL. putting a stop to some of that. what everyone wants--really, really wants. law abiding citizens.

Clayton inmate gets life sentence for fight over candy | www.ajc.com

<This afternoon, William Alexander Brooks pleaded guilty to murdering, Kenneth Robert Grochowski over the candy, according to Channel 2 Action News. He was given life with the possiblity of parole.

Brooks, who drowned Grochowski in the cell’s toilet, was originally arrested in August 2012, on theft charges. The incident between cellmates happened August 14 or 15, according to police. Grochowski, 57, was found unresponsive around midnight following roll call.

The fight began after Grochowski purchased the candy from the prison commissary and gave Brooks one of the chocolate and peanut butter cups. The two argued because Brooks wanted all of the candy. Brooks hit Grochowski and then held his head in the toilet, according to the television station.

Grochowski a fugitive from Illinois, was wanted was wanted for weapons charges, DUI charges and for eluding police. Crisp said he was arrested Aug. 8, 2012, after he landed at Harstfield-Jackson International Airport, arriving from South America
>

Grochowski really doesn't sound like a South American name. Actually this is a terrible story and I'm sure caused pain and grief to somebody, not the least of whom wa Grochowski, but it defiinitely does qualify for the weird stories category.

historical news---

~~~~

Clayton inmate gets life sentence for fight over candy | www.ajc.com

Brooks, who drowned Grochowski in the cell’s toilet, was originally arrested in August 2012, on theft charges. The incident between cellmates happened August 14 or 15, according to police. Grochowski, 57, was found unresponsive around midnight following roll call.

>

Grochowski really doesn't sound like a South American name. Actually this is a terrible story and I'm sure caused pain and grief to somebody, not the least of whom wa Grochowski, but it defiinitely does qualify for the weird stories category.

just figured out the next book I need to read. my process--not for everyone. I would think yours is 'shorter'. lol. 'Do the thing you think you cannot do'---Eleanor Roosevelt. ok. time's a wastin'---gotta get movin---need to get to the river.

~~~~~
Grochowski--not going to try to find out about him. from Illinois. ok--another story---I met a man from Cleveland, Ohio---went to a friend's Christmas Eve party---long story short---he was in Atlanta because he didn't want to pay alimony---had 2 names. when I see Donald Sterling---there are similarities. Fairly certain Grochowski--from Illinois---something something--had a reason to be in South America. The guy from Cleveland told me--'I carry this lead pipe in my car---might need it'--he told stories about the Mob. ???Goes on in other cities??? Chicago seems to be aggressive in addressing its issues---which go back more than a century. Cleveland---Lake Erie caught on fire----some very exclusive suburbs---'Rust Belt'---I think I could use my imagination--with a few more facts.

But--with all the things that go on here--why bother. I found out a few months ago --that during the 20's--Atlanta had some 'mobsters'. Never heard a word about that---'The City Too Busy To Hate'--Bible Belt---some things are not discussed. Very WASP.

Then we changed---AJC focuses on crime---???its way to motivate us???--knowing Cox Broadcasting and corporate entities---and WSB---radio--Boortz--that is the method to the madness. AJC owned by Cox---monopoly on media in the ATL. It will be better for economic growth if crime is reduced. Get 'the People'--all of them mad as hell--the people will hold the officials accountable. That is what we do.

Then WSB TV---Cox entity--focuses on Helping Others--nice things. Help and Help and Help---works somehow. Prefer that to Chicago, Cleveland, LA, NYC, Seattle and Texas--I could live in Austin, I think. I'll deal with the bugs and the humidity---and the crazy ways of Atlanta. Born smack in the middle of the city. Spent most of my life about 20 minutes away. Very peaceful neighborhood. a dream to many. lol. good as it gets.

You know it never even dawned on me that I had never seen anything of him walking until this video.

Warm Springs about ? less than 2 hours west of Atlanta. Callaway Gardens is there. Good trip if you are headed South. I've been --very rustic little cabin that he had. Some of his personal items are there. Interesting man. complex. Let history judge. He is revered by my family. despised by others. why I would never want to be a leader of anyone but myself. never understand the desire to lead. someone has to. If that is the hill upon which you wish to die---go for it.

http://gastateparks.org/LittleWhiteHouse

Last edited:
Saturday-9AM--

CNN--Mass shooting in CA---?Isle a Vista----
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/justice/california-shooting-deaths/

~~~
This Man Spent 10 Years Of His Life Making Something Amazing

Hedge. When You See It&#8230; OMG. It&#8217;s Unbelievable.

We live in a world of instant gratification. If we can&#8217;t have it now, we throw a tantrum and just quit. But that&#8217;s just not possible when gardening. You have to spend countless hours, days, or even years, to grow amazing things. It&#8217;s the ultimate teacher of patience.

So when this gardener set out 10 years ago to create a work of art for his wife, he knew what he was getting into.

Meet John Brooker, a 75 year old gardener from England.

10 years ago he set out to create something beautiful for his wife

10 years ago he set out to create something beautiful for his wife

can't c&p the picks--worth a look. that is the sort of man I would want.

Read more at This Man Spent 10 Years Of His Life Making Something Amazing

Last edited:

Forum List

Back