Ohio Lawmakers no longer call pit bulls 'vicious'. Puts Children At Risk

Not sure what happened. Here the text:

Many animal rights activists are applauding the change, but it has plenty of critics who say that pit bulls do indeed make great pets -- until they don't. The breed is so powerful, and inclined to tug and attack until a victim is dead, that ownership should be discouraged, they say.

"Some pit bulls make good pets, but when the consequences are so great, why take a chance?" asked one Plain Dealer letter-writer.

The law change comes just days after the fatal mauling of a 3-day-old child who was momentarily left alone with the family's pit bull-mix in their Beaverdam, Ohio, home.

However, the new law does not overturn the rights of local communities to ban the breed outright, as a smattering of Ohio communities have done, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Ohio may no longer labels all pit bulls as 'vicious,' but others do - Los Angeles Times

I've heard over and over the dumbass excuses after a pitbull or rottweiller mauls an innocent child to death. They always say the same things. "He's never acted like that before" or "He was never trained to do that".

I had a guy rent a house by me a couple of years ago. He had a couple of pit bull dogs. He spoke up to me one time when we were both out in the back yard. He smirked and said, "I hope my dogs don't scare you".
I walked over to the fence, looked him in the eyes and quietly said, "They don't scare me one bit. But if they ever try to attack my grandchildren I will shoot and kill them. If they seriously injure or kill one of my grandchildren I will shoot and kill them. And I will probably shoot and kill you too." He didn't say much more to me after that and he never let his dogs outside when my granchildren were over. He moved out within a year.

Forum List

Back