🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OK "christians" - pony up

God: "Who are these Christians? Are they Jews, my Chosen people?"

Some angel: "I don't think so. I think they used to be but didn't like all the rules so made a Judaism for Dummies religion."

God: "Ah I see. All right then, will judge them like the pagans I suppose."

Angel: "Sounds about right."

:)

I still don't get why people dump so readily on lawyers. Gotta be the most anti-Bible position to assert being anti-law.

? Christian Student Says God Wants You To Pay Her Tuition So She Doesn?t Have To Take Out Loans

christian-student-tuition.jpg

When God spoke to Abraham, it was to instruct him to sacrifice his own child. When God spoke to Moses, it was to instruct him to set his people free. When God spoke to Julianna Battenfield, it was to make sure she didn’t incur too much student loan debt while attending law school.

While many of us know the gnashing of teeth that comes from taking out tens of thousands of dollars to pay for college, Battenfield viewed it as a challenge. Rather than deal with decades of loan repayments, why not set up a Kickstarter-like crowdfunding campaign to simply have other people pay for her to go to school? It worked for the potato salad guy.

Conveniently, she claims God told her verbally that she was to do this and also added that she must not take out any private loans. It wasn’t just a nice way to finance her education without having to pay a dime, it was a divine commandment.

Battenfield didn’t always want to be a lawyer, but she said God told her she must become one so that she can help people. After much self-reflection, she decided to trust in what her faith was telling her and enrolled in (should have seen this coming) televangelist Pat Robertson’s Regents University School of Law.

[A]fter much prayer and wise counsel, I have decided to let you in on this part of my life so that you will know what God is doing in and through me.

I do not believe in taking out student loans because the Word of God says not to, and He asked me specifically not to, so I have permanently declined my loans in faith, trusting that He will provide the full amount.

She then goes on to assuage our natural fears that she is just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.”

She also adds that it will be really great because with all this money she hopes we give her – which she calls “going on His dime” – she will end college 100% debt-free. In this day and age, with college tuition skyrocketing each year, that does constitute a minor miracle.

Isn't she an adorable little RW moocher ...

Notice that she doesn't even want a real education. She's going to Pat Robertson's phony college.

But hey, send her a few bucks cuz she doesn't think she should have to work for it.

How is she any different from progs who think that college should be free?

Are there no liberal Christians?

Christianity has the same percentage of idiots as the population at large.....

Mmm, I gotta say I think any population of deists has a larger than average contingent of idiots. Don't hear atheists saying they believe in an all-powerful eternally old and just deity, but every so often he goes ona tear and kills everybody off, or just an entire city for the actions of a few. Pretty idiotic assertion to me. :)

? Christian Student Says God Wants You To Pay Her Tuition So She Doesn?t Have To Take Out Loans

When God spoke to Abraham, it was to instruct him to sacrifice his own child. When God spoke to Moses, it was to instruct him to set his people free. When God spoke to Julianna Battenfield, it was to make sure she didn’t incur too much student loan debt while attending law school.

While many of us know the gnashing of teeth that comes from taking out tens of thousands of dollars to pay for college, Battenfield viewed it as a challenge. Rather than deal with decades of loan repayments, why not set up a Kickstarter-like crowdfunding campaign to simply have other people pay for her to go to school? It worked for the potato salad guy.

Conveniently, she claims God told her verbally that she was to do this and also added that she must not take out any private loans. It wasn’t just a nice way to finance her education without having to pay a dime, it was a divine commandment.

Battenfield didn’t always want to be a lawyer, but she said God told her she must become one so that she can help people. After much self-reflection, she decided to trust in what her faith was telling her and enrolled in (should have seen this coming) televangelist Pat Robertson’s Regents University School of Law.

[A]fter much prayer and wise counsel, I have decided to let you in on this part of my life so that you will know what God is doing in and through me.

I do not believe in taking out student loans because the Word of God says not to, and He asked me specifically not to, so I have permanently declined my loans in faith, trusting that He will provide the full amount.

She then goes on to assuage our natural fears that she is just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake.

“I am not just another 20-something going to law school for law school’s sake. I’m doing it because the Father asked me to go for a very specific, strategic reason.”

She also adds that it will be really great because with all this money she hopes we give her – which she calls “going on His dime” – she will end college 100% debt-free. In this day and age, with college tuition skyrocketing each year, that does constitute a minor miracle.

Notice that she doesn't even want a real education. She's going to Pat Robertson's phony college.

But hey, send her a few bucks cuz she doesn't think she should have to work for it.

I don't think it should be free so much as non-profit since educated citizens benefit society more than uneducated ones. Gotta incentivise teachers with some pay like. But the current cost for degrees is disproportional to their economic benefit. Like way.

I don't think it should be free so much as non-profit since educated citizens benefit society more than uneducated ones. Gotta incentivise teachers with some pay like. But the current cost for degrees is disproportional to their economic benefit. Like way.

I differentiate between college and compulsory education.

I don't see all those college educated lawyers in government as beneficial.

I differentiate between college and compulsory education.

I don't see all those college educated lawyers in government as beneficial.

Well government begins and ends with laws. So having lawyers familiar with those laws makes sense. As are economists, scientists, etc.

Celebrities, sports icons, mmm not so much. :)

Last edited:

You left wing morons couldn't be honest if your pathetic life depended on it.

If someone feels impressed to donate to her cause, more power to her. I am not going to make a claim on what God has told other people. I understand not wanting to take on debt. I've told many times that if God wants me to do something He would have to provide a way. I know He can either way.

I can't help her out though. However, if I could I would.

I admire the fact that she is acting in faith.

/shrugs....God told her someone was going to help her....God told ME to pay my kid's college tuition.....obviously when God talked to her he was thinking of someone else........

If someone feels impressed to donate to her cause, more power to her. I am not going to make a claim on what God has told other people. I understand not wanting to take on debt. I've told many times that if God wants me to do something He would have to provide a way. I know He can either way.

I can't help her out though. However, if I could I would.

I admire the fact that she is acting in faith.

You're a morm. You admire her because she's a lying moocher expecting others to pay her way for her.

Forum List

Back