OK - Educate Me: What's the Deal with Bing Awards?

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I rather much raise my eyebrows at anything that says, "sign up for free" - I'm really of the firm belief that nothing in this world is "free." So what's the catch with these "free" Bing Awards for using Bing as my search engine? It SAYS ... gift cards of various kinds ... enter contests for rewards/prizes ... etc. I guess my questions are who knows what Bing Awards, what's the catch, how many spam/scam emails can I expect to be receiving in my inbox?

Bing has tried to stand up to google search, google chrome search for years.. I never liked Bing
But it sounds like they are trying hard to get you to use their search engine.

Well ... I do like Bing, if for no other reason than it has a new fantastic picture every day of places, animals and things I would otherwise never see. For instance, there was this fabulous scene in the movie Life of Pi ... and I thought "what fantastic graphics!" Some weeks later there was a picture on the Bing page that made me think, "OMG! That scene must have been real!" It was in a national park somewhere in Ireland! All Google has ever had to offer is a boring white page with a variation of some kind of "GOOGLE."

Well ... I do like Bing, if for no other reason than it has a new fantastic picture every day of places, animals and things I would otherwise never see. For instance, there was this fabulous scene in the movie Life of Pi ... and I thought "what fantastic graphics!" Some weeks later there was a picture on the Bing page that made me think, "OMG! That scene must have been real!" It was in a national park somewhere in Ireland! All Google has ever had to offer is a boring white page with a variation of some kind of "GOOGLE."
They are supposed to be search engines NOT fashion shows.

They are supposed to be search engines NOT fashion shows.

Well, I've never seen any fashions of any kind on Bing's facepage or whatever it is. If I'm looking for fashion I tend to look in places other than Sears, Penney's, K-Mart, Target or Walmart ... although Walmart does have a particular brand of undies that I'm fond of.

Forum List

Back