Oklahoma House Passes Bill Restricting Marriage To People Of Faith

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma House Passes Bill Restricting Marriage To People Of Faith -
Wait a minute... THIS PASSED?!

I laughed this off when I first heard about it because it was so very broken.

The whole idea is "Oh we'll let the churches decide who gets married" with him assuming every church is bigoted as he is. But the thing is, there are many LGBT friendly churches and so he's effectively legalized gay marriage.

... but in the process, that bans atheist marriage unless they ask a some religion for permission.

I honestly waived that off as a goof oversight and he'd back-peddle... what the fuck is wrong with Oklahoma?

Anybody can get a license as a minister.

License as a minister of the Church of Atheism, or Whatever, or No God, or Oklahoma.

Great idea, get the state out of marriage completely. What's the problem with that. The State is just going to file marriage certificates. Reducing the scope of government.

Oklahoma House Passes Bill Restricting Marriage To People Of Faith -
Wait a minute... THIS PASSED?!

I laughed this off when I first heard about it because it was so very broken.

The whole idea is "Oh we'll let the churches decide who gets married" with him assuming every church is bigoted as he is. But the thing is, there are many LGBT friendly churches and so he's effectively legalized gay marriage.

... but in the process, that bans atheist marriage unless they ask a some religion for permission.

I honestly waived that off as a goof oversight and he'd back-peddle... what the fuck is wrong with Oklahoma?

You're an idiot. The idea of getting government out of marriage and letting it be private is a libertarian proposal so that government isn't deciding who is married and who isn't. And they aren't bigots.

Idiot.

I love this move. The Oklahoma house knows what is best for the citizens of the state pertaining to faith and marriage. As a southern conservative Baptist with heavy faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I feel God has blessed the lawmakers who approved of this bill. The sanctity of marriage between a man and woman of faith is what has maintained our nations moral values and traditions since its inception. The church through the Lord's guidance should be the final arbiter to who gets married.

I love this move. The Oklahoma house knows what is best for the citizens of the state pertaining to faith and marriage. As a southern conservative Baptist with heavy faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I feel God has blessed the lawmakers who approved of this bill. The sanctity of marriage between a man and woman of faith is what has maintained our nations moral values and traditions since its inception. The church through the Lord's guidance should be the final arbiter to who gets married.

Your fake Jesus tell you to hate blacks and Jews?

Stay off our side.

"A toxic combination of anti-gay discrimination and discrimination against non-theists, the bill is emblematic of the dangerous and hateful nature of conservative Christianity in America.

Indeed.

Stay off our side.
Never.

Stay off our side.
Never.

You are no conservative, you are a racist, anti semite bigot and I will expose you at every turn.

You are NOT one of us.

Click here to become a Dude-ist:
Dudeism - The Religion of The Big Lebowski Ordination Form

You can then legally marry people in all 50 states, but now in Oklahoma it carries extra weight! So make sure to charge a fee so you can make a quick buck!

You can probably complete the process in under 2 minutes. 1 if you're a quick typer.

You can then legally marry people in all 50 states, but now in Oklahoma it carries extra weight! So make sure to charge a fee so you can make a quick buck!

You can probably complete the process in under 2 minutes. 1 if you're a quick typer.
Pretty sure Satanists can marry too, if you want a fun ceremony and to scare off the annoying relatives/mother in law.

Pretty sure Satanists can marry too, if you want a fun ceremony and to scare off the annoying relatives/mother in law.
Steve McGarret says he's married.....so yeah, Satanists can marry.

We have some really weird lefties on the Board, but at least two score on the far far far reactionary right are simply insane.

Forum List

Back