ET102109_einstein.jpg
n-cell.jpg
mattress3.jpg
Rainbow_Sherbet_0842l.jpg
davis-sofa.jpg
check_student_new.gif
Robert%20A.M.%20Stern%20Architects_1.jpg
zumwalt.jpg

Put your thinking caps on -- we can't have "Muslim vocabulary" floating around, can we??

Then again they're not gonna be able to use computers any more since they work on algorithms. Not to mention Adobe Acrobat.

Last edited:
This is hysterical but also really quite sad.

You still see certain folks her refer to rag heads and towel heads as being our enemies even though they're actually talking about Sikhs.

But hey, haterz gotta hate.

Wish the damn traitors would move to Russia where they'd be so much happier under Putin's iron fist.

^ that

we better do something about this too :shock:

Algebra (from Arabic al-jebr meaning "reunion of broken parts"[1]) is one of the broad parts of mathematics, together with number theory, geometry and analysis.

Last edited:
Perhaps the massive ignorance moment is summed up in the one phrase in the screenshot:

"Muslim vocabulary" :rofl:

Of course by this logic the word "vocabulary" is "Catholic vocabulary" because it's Latin. :rolleyes:
Religions invent languages. Who knew.

They see what the pieces are lining up to do -- Maybe -- and they are on the defense right now, boy!

Good for them!

We need more like them!

:D

and :::whoooossh::: another point sails over another head.

Maybe what we need is more who know the difference between languages and religions. Not to mention between religions and terrorism.

Algebra (from Arabic al-jebr meaning "reunion of broken parts"[1]) is one of the broad parts of mathematics, together with number theory, geometry and analysis.

-- including the numbers we use here, the concept and name of Zero, as well as azimuth, zenith and nadir... they all gotta go. "Muslim vocabulary".

CaféAuLait;8796551 said:
Hollywood liberal commie pimping for Arabic-named product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWYy3L02gM

Gaa! Circle the wagons!

Huh?

Boraxo is an American brand of powdered hand soap.

Sounds like people are reaching in both directions.

Ahem.

borax (n.)
late 14c., from Anglo-French boras, from Medieval Latin baurach, from Arabic buraq, applied by the Arabs to various substances used as fluxes, probably from Persian burah. Originally obtained in Europe from the bed of salt lakes in Tibet. (OED)

Your claim was:

Hollywood liberal commie pimping for Arabic-named product

Boraxo was not an "Arabic named product," but an American company who named their hand soap "Boraxo". Lets keep it honest here, okay? Is borax a derivative of Boraxo, sure it is, but "Arab's" did not name, produce the soap, or run the company, Boraxo, did they?

Boraxo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CaféAuLait;8796817 said:
CaféAuLait;8796551 said:
Huh?

Boraxo is an American brand of powdered hand soap.

Sounds like people are reaching in both directions.

Ahem.

borax (n.)
late 14c., from Anglo-French boras, from Medieval Latin baurach, from Arabic buraq, applied by the Arabs to various substances used as fluxes, probably from Persian burah. Originally obtained in Europe from the bed of salt lakes in Tibet. (OED)

Your claim was:

Hollywood liberal commie pimping for Arabic-named product

That's called satire. Based on the logic on the Nosebook posts.

CaféAuLait;8796817 said:
Boraxo was not an "Arabic named product," but an American company who named their hand soap "Boraxo". Lets keep it honest here, okay? Is borax a derivative of Boraxo, sure it is, but "Arab's" did not name, produce the soap, or run the company, Boraxo, did they?

"Arab's" did not do anything, because "Arab's" can only mean "Arab is", which makes zero sense (oops sorry, that's an Arabic word) and is clearly not a noun. Perhaps you mean "Arabs"? Anyway, Arabs also did not start the haboob in Texas, which is what the OP is about.

Boraxo is a derivative of borax, not the other way around. And borax is an Arabic-derived word. Period. This particular hand cleaner was called Boraxo but the same company also used the straight term Borax:

20MuleTeamBorax.jpg

Btw your own source (Wiki) notes:
"The word borax is from Arabic būraq (بورق), meaning "white"; which is from Middle Persian bwrk, which might have meant potassium nitrate or another fluxing agent, now known as būrah (بوره). Another name for borax is tincal, from Sanskrit.[3]"

A little chemistry for ya -- which is yet another Arabic-derived word. I tell ya they pop up like candy. Which is another Arabic... well you get the idea.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8796817 said:
Ahem.

borax (n.)

Your claim was:

CaféAuLait;8796817 said:

"Arab's" did not do anything, because "Arab's" can only mean "Arab is", which makes zero sense (oops sorry, that's an Arabic word) and is clearly not a noun. Perhaps you mean "Arabs"?

Boraxo is a derivative of borax, not the other way around. And borax is an Arabic-derived word. Period. This particular hand cleaner was called Boraxo but the same company also used the straight term Borax:

20MuleTeamBorax.jpg

Guess you missed where I addressed such in my post ,didn't you? you know, where I said it was a derivative (definition: word formed from another word) of the name borax?

Derivative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No, wait you couldn't have missed it given you quote it above, then you take the time to try and fix my typo, "Arab's" without addressing the way you worded your claim that Boraxo was a "Arabic named product" when it was not (since the soap was named and sold by Americans) and then try to claim that it was 'satire'. Nice move. LOL

CaféAuLait;8796894 said:
CaféAuLait;8796817 said:
Your claim was:

CaféAuLait;8796817 said:

"Arab's" did not do anything, because "Arab's" can only mean "Arab is", which makes zero sense (oops sorry, that's an Arabic word) and is clearly not a noun. Perhaps you mean "Arabs"?

20MuleTeamBorax.jpg

Btw your own source (Wiki) notes:
"The word borax is from Arabic būraq (بورق), meaning "white"; which is from Middle Persian bwrk, which might have meant potassium nitrate or another fluxing agent, now known as būrah (بوره). Another name for borax is tincal, from Sanskrit.[3]"

A little chemistry for ya -- which is yet another Arabic-derived word. I tell ya they pop up like candy. Which is another Arabic... well you get the idea.

Guess you missed where I addressed such in my post ,didn't you? you know, where I said it was a derivative (definition: word formed from another word) of the name borax?

No, wait you couldn't have missed it given you quote it above, then you take the time to try and fix my typo, "Arab's" without addressing the way you worded your claim that Boraxo was a "Arabic named product" when it was not (since the soap was named and sold by Americans) and then try to claim that it was 'satire'. Nice move. LOL

OK, we'll just do this again; take your time and read slowly if that's what it takes...
Is borax a derivative of Boraxo, sure it is
Boraxo is derived from Borax -- not the other way around as you said here.

Capisce?

Ergo both of them derive from Arabic.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8796894 said:

20MuleTeamBorax.jpg

OK, we'll just do this again; take your time and read slowly if that's what it takes...

Capisce?

Boraxo, a product made by a combining borax and soap was not an "Arabic named product" but an American named product.

Capisce?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8796951 said:
CaféAuLait;8796894 said:

Capisce?

Boraxo, a product made by a combining borax and soap was not an "Arabic named product" but an American named product.

Capisce?

"American" is not a language. Comprende?
American product, Arabic name.

This is hysterical but also really quite sad.

You still see certain folks her refer to rag heads and towel heads as being our enemies even though they're actually talking about Sikhs.

But hey, haterz gotta hate.

Wish the damn traitors would move to Russia where they'd be so much happier under Putin's iron fist.

This is a fantastic post. I wish I could rep you for it.

CaféAuLait;8796951 said:

Capisce?

Capisce?

Seriously?

You are still trying to insist that "Boraxo" is some real Aramaic word? Its not. It is a made-up word by an American company. ( how you jumped to the conclusion I said "American" was a language is beyond me)

A name dreamed up by some American businessman for an American company to sell an American hand cleanser consisting of borax and soap. I've already said its a derivative word and you know that. :wink_2:

Since you are trying to derail this thread for whatever reason, I'll throw back at ya a silly little factoid. Reagan was a democrat in the 50's ( the date your video is from BTW as it says in its description) and early 60's, when making the commercials for Boraxo. So its a nonstarter, either way you look at it or with whatever strange point you were tying to make about Reagan being a 'commie'. Do you think democrats are commies? :eek: Or are you implying he changed his 'commie' ways when he flipped to the Republican party? Shifty guy!

As I said to begin with you were reaching IMO, just as anyone who many have been upset at the word haboob being used simply because it was Arabic. IMO It's like the Weather Channel suddenly declaring that Typhoon Katrina hit Louisiana and not Hurricane Katrina.

Haboob is used to denote storms which hit the Sudan according to American Meteorological Society. Duststorm is used traditionally in the US and elsewhere. They both mean the same thing according to American Meteorological Society, except for where they occur. Whatever name is used it needs to be uniform to stop any confusion over what is occurring and I guess to answer any question as to why a word denoted for another part of the world is being used as well.

American Meteorological Society

Duststorm - AMS Glossary

Haboob - AMS Glossary

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8796951 said:

Capisce?

Capisce?

good illustration of willful rw ignorance based on hate :( Their close-minded, fringe ideology prevents them from using basic logic No doubt spoon fed to them by their one teevee station which is co-owned by..... drum roll please..... :up: an A-rab :)

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...imam-and-fox-news/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
The awkwardness came from the fact — unmentioned by anyone on the Fox set — that the same Saudi, Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, also happens to be the second-largest shareholder in News Corp., the parent company of the Fox News Channel.

News Corp.’s second-largest shareholder, after the Murdoch family, is Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the nephew of Saudi Arabian King Abdullah, and one of the world’s richest men.

8oFxLi4.png

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8797459 said:
CaféAuLait;8796951 said:

Capisce?

Seriously?

You are still trying to insist that "Boraxo" is some real Aramaic word? Its not. It is a made-up word by an American company. ( how you jumped to the conclusion I said "American" was a language is beyond me)

"Aramaic"?? :confused: Where the hell did that one come from?

Borax comes from Arabic (not Aramaic), and Boraxo is a play on Borax. So for the fourth time, both the word for the substance and the product COME FROM ARABIC. This ain't rocket surgery. Really it isn't.

And if it's beyond you where "American" came from, fortunately it's not beyond the thread history:

It's right above at the top of this post.

CaféAuLait;8797459 said:
A name dreamed up by some American businessman for an American company to sell an American hand cleanser consisting of borax and soap. I've already said its a derivative word and you know that. :wink_2:

And you got it backwards and I corrected that. You're welcome. Not much of a "dream" since all he did was add an O to the end of Borax, and even then only for the hand soap product.

The rest of your post was irrelevant, so I'm wiping it out, as the point has nothing to do with Reagan's politics. It has to do with language and satire. But for the sake of clarity, and this has already been stated earlier too, haboob is more specific than "dust storm". It's also more colourful. Meanwhile here are more objects named from "Muslim vocabulary" (<< more satire!) that are gonna need whole new terms in Texas:

alfalfa_sprouted.jpg
SpinachHead.jpg
OD-AE941_artich_G_20110311002010.jpg
335238b.jpg
The-Jasmine-Flower4.jpg
lilac-flowers-3.jpg

Forum List

Back