🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

On Death Row because of Police intimidation of a 12 Year Old.

reconmark

Gold Member
May 13, 2014
The Bloomfields. Oakland County Mi.

Two Ohio men wrongly accused of murder experienced freedom for the first time in nearly four decades on Friday morning, but said they don’t harbor bitterness over their unjust imprisonment.

Testimony from a 12-year-old witness helped point to Jackson as the triggerman and led a jury to convict all three. Ronnie Bridgeman, now known as Kwame Ajamu, was paroled from prison in 2003.

The witness, Edward Vernon, now 53, recanted his testimony last year, saying he was coerced by detectives, according to Cuyahoga County court documents. Vernon wrote in a 2013 affidavit that he never saw the murder take place, but he was told by detectives that if he didn’t testify against Jackson, his parents would be arrested.

Ohio Men Wrongly Convicted of Murder After 39 Years Released - NBC News

Thank God there was a paperwork error or these innocent men would be dead. The Detectives should be jailed for a very long time.

Or the 53 year old could be lying. Why did he wait 41 fucking years to come clean??? Something stinks about this one.

Bucs90, cops do not commit crimes,more often than we like to admit.

This case has stuck for almost forty years, and you know it

So it's difficult for you to comprehend how scared a 12 year old kid would be after being told by Police that his parents were going to jail if he didn't help them?

County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said in court Tuesday that without an eyewitness thCuyahoga ere was not much of a case. “The state is conceding the obvious," he said, according to Reuters.

So it's difficult for you to comprehend how scared a 12 year old kid would be after being told by Police that his parents were going to jail if he didn't help them?

County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said in court Tuesday that without an eyewitness thCuyahoga ere was not much of a case. “The state is conceding the obvious," he said, according to Reuters.

You're assuming thats what happened. You are taking the word of a man who let his false testimony keep men in jail for 41 years??

Any chance hes making that lie up to justify why he waited so long?

But yes with that testimony withdrawn there is no case. Hard to trust a man who let innocent men rot for 41 years though. Guess we're taking his word for it.

You're assuming thats what happened. You are taking the word of a man who let his false testimony keep men in jail for 41 years??

But yes with that testimony withdrawn there is no case. Hard to trust a man who let innocent men rot for 41 years though. Guess we're taking his word for it.
That's all that was needed to convict these men, why should more be needed to exonerate them.

That's all that was needed to convict these men, why should more be needed to exonerate them.

100% agree. But witnesses withdraw testimony all the time for all sorts of reasons. That ends this case. But doesnt mean the cops actually did what he claims. He couls just feel bad and waited 41 years to change his mind.

Was he lying then or is he lying now?

I buy that he was a frightened 12 year old. Was he at 22, 35, 47?

Vernon said he confided in a pastor several years after meeting with Bridgeman, and the pastor encouraged him to reach out to the Innocence Project. Vernon wrote that he had “been waiting to tell the truth about this for a long time.”

Vernon said he confided in a pastor several years after meeting with Bridgeman, and the pastor encouraged him to reach out to the Innocence Project. Vernon wrote that he had “been waiting to tell the truth about this for a long time.”
He just forgot. He got drunk and sobered up at 53.

Or...maybe he wasnt sure what he saw. And felt guilty that he MIGHT have put innocent men in jail. And sought clergy advice.

And is blaming to cops to excuse his 41 year wait. I remember being 12. A lot is unclear. He either lied then, or now, or some of both, for 41 years.

But lets just take his word for it that the cops did that.

Or...maybe he wasnt sure what he saw. And felt guilty that he MIGHT have put innocent men in jail. And sought clergy advice.

And is blaming to cops to excuse his 41 year wait. I remember being 12. A lot is unclear. He either lied then, or now, or some of both, for 41 years.

But lets just take his word for it that the cops did that.

Again, men almost died based on only his word, however you now want to make it seem as if his word no longer holds the validity it once did.
Seems odd, you have no qualm when men were about to die but now that they are freed on the same person's word, it's questionable.

Bucs90, you and I both know that cops do it far more than we want to admit.

If the boy's word was valid to put them on death row, his word is valid to take them off of it and out of prison.

Your duty, bucs90, is to accept the judges' decisions.

JakeStarkey post: 10213903 said:
If the boy's word was valid to put them on death row, his word is valid to take them off of it and out of prison.

I do. The evidence is no longer aadmissible. Doesnt mean the cops did what he says. Just means no more evidence exists. They deserve to be free. But still doesnt prove the cops did what this guy said.

41 years ago.

Interview and interrogation rooms have cameras now anyway. Further reasons why todays policing is more honest than back in the day when guys like Reconmike were in it haha.

Yes, it is incredibly better now. In the fifties and sties the kids were having to beat up the kids of two cops to get them from taking their personal feuds out on the kids' parents. It was awful.

What I would like to see (I told the chief this last month) is our officers in the city wearing body cameras all times when on duty out of the station. Everyone would be accountable and safer.

JakeStarkey post: 10213903 said:

I do. The evidence is no longer aadmissible. Doesnt mean the cops did what he says. Just means no more evidence exists. They deserve to be free. But still doesnt prove the cops did what this guy said.

41 years ago.

Interview and interrogation rooms have cameras now anyway. Further reasons why todays policing is more honest than back in the day when guys like Reconmike were in it haha.

More ignorance from butts90...haha.
WCSD has and has had video and tape during our interviews. Look up the number of abuse cases brought against our department and then compare it to where you used to work.

The street was a totally different environment, somehow I don't expect you would realize that.
We could say and do almost anything with the knowledge that without evidence to the contrary our word was bond.

Forum List

Back