On my nations birthday I no longer have consitutional rights

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
1. I don't have TOTAL first amendment rights as I can't insult certain groups. No matter if it is totally justified. Like Paula deen you can be destroyed for saying something 5 or 30 years in your past...Doesn't matter why you say it either as you could just tell someone useful advise. No this isn't threatening a public office or to blowing up a school. Within this land your "thoughts" can ruin you as you can see in laughable case of Zimmermans past and NOT trayvons. WTF kind of shit is this.

2. Second Amendment? No you don't have total rights to bear arms. Entire cities can completely ban your right. Doesn't fucking matter.

3. Forth Amendment...Police can search you at the airport, schools and in your house. Fuck Obama nsa can search your email. :eusa_hand:

5. Fifth amendment. Don't get me started. The show trial of Zimmerman and the complete disrespect of our justice system of our government shows that this isn't being respected. This isn't for Iraqi's or afiganies.

6. Sixth? This trial isn't fair or just. It is a Africans show trial!

7. Seventh. I can bet that this is broken!

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

This is a day for sadness...:doubt:

1. I don't have TOTAL first amendment rights as I can't insult certain groups. No matter if it is totally justified. Like Paula deen you can be destroyed for saying something 5 or 30 years in your past...Doesn't matter why you say it either as you could just tell someone useful advise. No this isn't threatening a public office or to blowing up a school. Within this land your "thoughts" can ruin you as you can see in laughable case of Zimmermans past and NOT trayvons. WTF kind of shit is this.

2. Second Amendment? No you don't have total rights to bear arms. Entire cities can completely ban your right. Doesn't fucking matter.

3. Forth Amendment...Police can search you at the airport, schools and in your house. Fuck Obama nsa can search your email. :eusa_hand:

5. Fifth amendment. Don't get me started. The show trial of Zimmerman and the complete disrespect of our justice system of our government shows that this isn't being respected. This isn't for Iraqi's or afiganies.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

Poor guy. Here are some tears for you:

tears.jpg

I'm glad so many Americans died so that cocksucking liberals like Michael Bloomberg can tell us what we are allowed to eat.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

Gee, you might as well leave. I heard Russia was a good place for civil rights now.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

Gee, you might as well leave. I heard Russia was a good place for civil rights now.

They hate the gays and really really don't like black people. It's paradise for many of the posters on here.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

ffs...

You’re clearly having no trouble exercising your right to exhibit your ignorant idiocy.

Instead of us watching our government, our government is watching us more then most of us old timers could've ever imagined.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

Sadness on your lack of reading comprehension, sure. Number one, if you don't have a First Amendment, how are you posting this thread? And FYI Paula Deen was sued because of the employment conditions in a restaurant run by her brother -- nothing to do with free speech. Nor is there a law about it anyway, which is what the Constitution is for. There's simply no relationship.

And judging by the last four entries, clearly your right to diffuse aimless points with no substance is not infringed at all. Sorry, this OP is the rhetorical equivalent of a boat adrift at sea. Let us have our fricking birthday while you regroup.

Oh geez, while I agree with your premise, I disagree with your examples. I realize you are angry about the state of things so I encourage you bolster your arguments better.

First, let us remember that the US Constitution does NOT give us certain rights. The framers of the Constitution and subsequent Bill of Rights declared that these rights already exist - given to us by our Creator - merely because we exist as human beings (later amendments to the Constitution clarified that black men and all women were indeed full-fledged human beings :rolleyes:) The Bill of Rights were considered necessary to clarify that certain rights did actually exist for a population of people who weren't used to governments that recognized them.

1st amendment: Freedom of religion, speech, the press, assembly and to address grievances with the government.

So many examples of these rights being trampled by the federal givernment. The first example that comes to mind is when the DOJ went to Tennessee to tell a group of Muslims that people who post anti-Muslim or anti-terrorist information on the internet could be arrested. There was also recently a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol but were denied a permit. Instead they held a day long "press conference". Then some attendees of that press conference were told that they couldn't walk over to another rally that was also being held that day. Again, there are just so many examples.

2nd amendment: The right to bear arms won't be infringed.

This right is primarily the right to defend yourself and to ultimately, if corruption comes to it, to over-turn a tyrannical government. Mississippi is going through this right now. They finally determined that the people had the right to open carry without a permit. One county official flipped out at the prospect and got a judge to put a hold on this until arguments could be heard. We need to closely watch the gun control issues on the federal level.

3rd amendment: No soldier will be quartered without the permission of the owner.

So far, so good. You never know, though. If budget cuts continue, we might be pressed to "voluntarily" feed our soldiers. Keep in mind, the Constitution says that there isn't supposed to be a "standing Army" either. How long as it been since we haven't had a standing Army? I say, either we change this provision with a new amendment or figure out how we're going to maintain national security without a strong military.

4th amendment: Protection from unreasonable search and seizure / a warrant needed.

Yes, the current NSA database search is a good example but there are also so many others. Saying that you should have a concealed weapon license based on past medical history - a history you didn't give them permission to view - could be a violation of two amendments. Being stopped for a "seat belt check" by a patrol officer then delayed for hours on end unless you give permission for the officer to search your vehicle - you know, because if you don't give permission then they'll just wait until the drug dog comes out to "alert" on your vehicle - would be a violation.

5th amendment: Due process / double jeopardy / just compensation

The current war on drugs is a great example. So many people have had their property taken from them (cars, houses, cash money) even though they haven't committed - be accused of or even convicted - of any crime. You could get stopped in a traffic stop and the cop sees you have a wad of cash on you because you happen to like to pay cash for everything. The cop can take your money "because it might be used to buy drugs" and never return it to you.

6th amendment: Trial by jury / speedy trial etc

We have the right to an impartial jury. Um, yeah. We need to improve the jury selection process. Currently many jurors are prevented from learning about their rights and responsibilities by judges - and so, can reasonably fulfill their duties.

7th amendment: Civil trial by jury

Supposedly any civil case $20 an over counts but under the current Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (28 U.S.C. §1332), the amount in dispute in diversity cases must exceed $75,000 USD in order for the case to be heard in federal court.

Eighth amendment: Excess bail / cruel and unusual punishment

Bail can't be so high that it is reasonably considered a "taking of property" and exceeds the amount necessary to assure the accused person's attendance at trial. I'll leave it for you to determine if we're experiencing excessive bails, especially at the federal level. Read news stories carefully with this amendment in mind.

Ninth amendment: Protection of rights not enumerated

This is one of the most important amendments and gets so completely ignored! So many government officials say, "Well, it isn't in the Constitution ..." That is the point. It doesn't have to be in the Constitution to be an inalienable right. We have the right to freedom of travel. Tell that to the TSA. Oh, there is that unreasonable search and seizure thing again, too. We DO have a right to privately determine our medical needs with our doctor - even with ourselves if we don't want to use a doctor. Tell that to the FDA. We have a right to marry a person who is the same sex as ourselves. Tell that to the people who write "morality laws". We even have the right to have sex with other consenting adults the way we both want. Again, look at those silly morality laws.

Tenth amendment: Powers not delegated to the federal government (only 20!) fall to the States and the People.

This is another vital amendment that gets pushed to the wayside. The Constitution didn't give the federal government the responsibility to run libraries and schools. It could have. Heck, it gave the power to run the postal service. So why do we have a Department of Education? Why is the federal government spending money trying to create jobs? Why do we have an EPA? The ATF?

Oh geez, while I agree with your premise, I disagree with your examples. I realize you are angry about the state of things so I encourage you bolster your arguments better.

First, let us remember that the US Constitution does NOT give us certain rights. The framers of the Constitution and subsequent Bill of Rights declared that these rights already exist - given to us by our Creator - merely because we exist as human beings (later amendments to the Constitution clarified that black men and all women were indeed full-fledged human beings :rolleyes:) The Bill of Rights were considered necessary to clarify that certain rights did actually exist for a population of people who weren't used to governments that recognized them.

1st amendment: Freedom of religion, speech, the press, assembly and to address grievances with the government.

So many examples of these rights being trampled by the federal givernment. The first example that comes to mind is when the DOJ went to Tennessee to tell a group of Muslims that people who post anti-Muslim or anti-terrorist information on the internet could be arrested. There was also recently a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol but were denied a permit. Instead they held a day long "press conference". Then some attendees of that press conference were told that they couldn't walk over to another rally that was also being held that day. Again, there are just so many examples.

2nd amendment: The right to bear arms won't be infringed.

This right is primarily the right to defend yourself and to ultimately, if corruption comes to it, to over-turn a tyrannical government. Mississippi is going through this right now. They finally determined that the people had the right to open carry without a permit. One county official flipped out at the prospect and got a judge to put a hold on this until arguments could be heard. We need to closely watch the gun control issues on the federal level.

3rd amendment: No soldier will be quartered without the permission of the owner.

So far, so good. You never know, though. If budget cuts continue, we might be pressed to "voluntarily" feed our soldiers. Keep in mind, the Constitution says that there isn't supposed to be a "standing Army" either. How long as it been since we haven't had a standing Army? I say, either we change this provision with a new amendment or figure out how we're going to maintain national security without a strong military.

4th amendment: Protection from unreasonable search and seizure / a warrant needed.

Yes, the current NSA database search is a good example but there are also so many others. Saying that you should have a concealed weapon license based on past medical history - a history you didn't give them permission to view - could be a violation of two amendments. Being stopped for a "seat belt check" by a patrol officer then delayed for hours on end unless you give permission for the officer to search your vehicle - you know, because if you don't give permission then they'll just wait until the drug dog comes out to "alert" on your vehicle - would be a violation.

5th amendment: Due process / double jeopardy / just compensation

The current war on drugs is a great example. So many people have had their property taken from them (cars, houses, cash money) even though they haven't committed - be accused of or even convicted - of any crime. You could get stopped in a traffic stop and the cop sees you have a wad of cash on you because you happen to like to pay cash for everything. The cop can take your money "because it might be used to buy drugs" and never return it to you.

6th amendment: Trial by jury / speedy trial etc

We have the right to an impartial jury. Um, yeah. We need to improve the jury selection process. Currently many jurors are prevented from learning about their rights and responsibilities by judges - and so, can reasonably fulfill their duties.

7th amendment: Civil trial by jury

Supposedly any civil case $20 an over counts but under the current Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (28 U.S.C. §1332), the amount in dispute in diversity cases must exceed $75,000 USD in order for the case to be heard in federal court.

Eighth amendment: Excess bail / cruel and unusual punishment

Bail can't be so high that it is reasonably considered a "taking of property" and exceeds the amount necessary to assure the accused person's attendance at trial. I'll leave it for you to determine if we're experiencing excessive bails, especially at the federal level. Read news stories carefully with this amendment in mind.

Ninth amendment: Protection of rights not enumerated

This is one of the most important amendments and gets so completely ignored! So many government officials say, "Well, it isn't in the Constitution ..." That is the point. It doesn't have to be in the Constitution to be an inalienable right. We have the right to freedom of travel. Tell that to the TSA. Oh, there is that unreasonable search and seizure thing again, too. We DO have a right to privately determine our medical needs with our doctor - even with ourselves if we don't want to use a doctor. Tell that to the FDA. We have a right to marry a person who is the same sex as ourselves. Tell that to the people who write "morality laws". We even have the right to have sex with other consenting adults the way we both want. Again, look at those silly morality laws.

Tenth amendment: Powers not delegated to the federal government (only 20!) fall to the States and the People.

This is another vital amendment that gets pushed to the wayside. The Constitution didn't give the federal government the responsibility to run libraries and schools. It could have. Heck, it gave the power to run the postal service. So why do we have a Department of Education? Why is the federal government spending money trying to create jobs? Why do we have an EPA? The ATF?

I agree with some parts and disagree with others, but props for actually putting thought into it.

I'm glad so many Americans died so that cocksucking liberals like Michael Bloomberg can tell us what we are allowed to eat.

Our founders escaped the tyranny of statist euorweine sociopaths and established colonies here. They we followed by the bed wetters who attempted to control them again.

They were rejected and "encouraged" to fuck off.

When was the last time a statist was tarred and feathered? We don't have to go to that extreme yet, but lets make sure we vote out the statists again and reassess our priorities.

8. Tenth...Oh shit.

On this, our nation's birthday, Matthew chooses to whine.

Our founders escaped the tyranny of statist euorweine sociopaths and established colonies here. They we followed by the bed wetters who attempted to control them again.

When was the last time a statist was tarred and feathered? We don't have to go to that extreme yet, but lets make sure we vote out the statists again and reassess our priorities.

Tar costs too much.

This country was founded by Liberals who by definition believed in laissez faire. That concept has been besieged by statists from both the left and from the right. The left comes up with affirmative action laws and bans on Big Gulps, while the right comes up with bans on gay marriage, anti-abortion rhetoric and pro-theocracy pushes. Left and right are not so much opposed to each other, as they are opposed to the Liberalism that is supposed to be our basis. Each attempts to nudge the society into line with its values by force of law. And in the process each chips away at the Liberal values we're built on. This is why it's essential to reject the fringes.

The first example that comes to mind is when the DOJ went to Tennessee to tell a group of Muslims that people who post anti-Muslim or anti-terrorist information on the internet could be arrested. There was also recently a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol but were denied a permit. Instead they held a day long "press conference". Then some attendees of that press conference were told that they couldn't walk over to another rally that was also being held that day. Again, there are just so many examples.

Incorrect.

The DOJ representative simply reminded citizens that the First Amendment is not absolute, that freedom of speech does not extend to acts of imminent lawlessness or violence, and those who advocate such imminent lawless acts will be prosecuted. See: Wisconsin v. Mitchell (1993). Citizens are free to express their ignorance and hate of Islam, however, to call for the religion to be banned and Muslims killed, provided, again, there is no specific advocacy for imminent criminal acts. See: R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul (1992).

The same is true of a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol, jurisdictions are allowed by the Constitution to place limits on certain public demonstrations. There is no First Amendment violation because the permit requirement is content-neutral and narrowly focused on a substantial governmental interest, having nothing to do with the group being ‘conservative’ or their advocacy of conservative dogma. See: Clark v. Community for Creative Non-Violence (1984).

The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, as there is no expectation of privacy when one provides personal information to a private third party, such as an internet provider or wireless company. See: US v. Miller (1976), Smith v. Maryland (1979).

Incorrect.

Since the advent of the Republic it was intended and understood that the Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied. See: McCulloch v. Maryland (1819).

And it was never the intent of the Framers of the Tenth Amendment to place finite restrictions on Congress as to its powers:

[T]he [Tenth A]mendment has been construed as not depriving the national government of authority to resort to all means for the exercise of a granted power which are appropriate and plainly adapted to the permitted end.

United States v. Darby

Consequently, the EPA, Department of Education, and money spent to address unemployment are all perfectly Constitutional and authorized by Congress’ implied powers afforded it by the Constitution.

The first example that comes to mind is when the DOJ went to Tennessee to tell a group of Muslims that people who post anti-Muslim or anti-terrorist information on the internet could be arrested. There was also recently a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol but were denied a permit. Instead they held a day long "press conference". Then some attendees of that press conference were told that they couldn't walk over to another rally that was also being held that day. Again, there are just so many examples.

Incorrect.

The DOJ representative simply reminded citizens that the First Amendment is not absolute, that freedom of speech does not extend to acts of imminent lawlessness or violence, and those who advocate such imminent lawless acts will be prosecuted. See: Wisconsin v. Mitchell (1993). Citizens are free to express their ignorance and hate of Islam, however, to call for the religion to be banned and Muslims killed, provided, again, there is no specific advocacy for imminent criminal acts. See: R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul (1992).

The same is true of a conservative group that wanted to hold a rally on the lawn of the Capitol, jurisdictions are allowed by the Constitution to place limits on certain public demonstrations. There is no First Amendment violation because the permit requirement is content-neutral and narrowly focused on a substantial governmental interest, having nothing to do with the group being ‘conservative’ or their advocacy of conservative dogma. See: Clark v. Community for Creative Non-Violence (1984).

The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional, as there is no expectation of privacy when one provides personal information to a private third party, such as an internet provider or wireless company. See: US v. Miller (1976), Smith v. Maryland (1979).

Incorrect.

Since the advent of the Republic it was intended and understood that the Constitution affords Congress powers both enumerated and implied. See: McCulloch v. Maryland (1819).

And it was never the intent of the Framers of the Tenth Amendment to place finite restrictions on Congress as to its powers:

[T]he [Tenth A]mendment has been construed as not depriving the national government of authority to resort to all means for the exercise of a granted power which are appropriate and plainly adapted to the permitted end.

United States v. Darby

Consequently, the EPA, Department of Education, and money spent to address unemployment are all perfectly Constitutional and authorized by Congress’ implied powers afforded it by the Constitution.

you-re-a-tool.jpg

Pity you and others on the right fail to exhibit such outrage when conservatives seek to violate the privacy rights of women or the equal protection rights of same-sex couples.

Yet you decry the ‘tyranny’ of banning Big Gulps.

Conservatives clearly have their priorities screwed up.

What a pain people like you are with your whining. Why didn't you put on the uniform and go do something then you might have a right to bitch like you do. Like some little girl.

Forum List

Back