On What Planet Are Most Gas Prices Below $3/gal? Not In U. S. - Is Someone Lying About Prices?

$2.85 at Sam's in Virginia

Now down to 2.44 in the Richmond area.

Down to 2.37 in Lebanon Tennessee (east of Nashville)... it's even well below $3 here in Carolina del Norte and this is not a cheap state.

$2.85 at Sam's Club, up here in Maine... wish I hadn't bought heating oil in the summer, and had waited...

December wholesale gasoline is selling for $2.15 That's the same price it was back in 2005. Pump prices are higher now because gas tax in many states has risen since then, not the federal gas tax.

Interesting that diesel has remained pretty expensive. If it requires less refining, why should it cost more?

Interesting that diesel has remained pretty expensive. If it requires less refining, why should it cost more?
Actually, taxes are higher on Diesel...

it's a long story, it began under Reagan, we had a lot of Roads and bridges to repair, so he raised taxes and fees for truckers who put more wear and tear on fed highways/bridges than cars...though gas tax was raised as well.... truckers revolted against the fees/taxes that they were to pay upfront and congress then changed it to a higher diesel tax, where the truckers paid as they went, instead of this upfront tax Reagan suggested.... farmers were exempt from the diesel tax ...and some diesel car owners were given a credit on this tax to equal just what the gas tax was....

VERY GOOD READ:

Why Diesel Costs More Than Gasoline - Business Insider

Prices just went up more than 40 cents per gallon yesterday. Gas is now $2.99. Yesterday I paid $2.56

This past week I made a run from Michigan to Miami on I75 and most gas prices were below the $3.00 mark.
In fact, some place in Georgia Premium was $2.95 a gallon.

Forum List

Back