One Nation Under God?!?

One Nation Under God?!?

Well, not anymore. Remember, he lifted his "veil of protection" because the US allows the existence of gays and feminists.

A rather unhuggy huggy, heh?

HUGGS ALL AROUND!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

THis may come as quite a shock but I have actual friends ..some of which actually like me!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personally in my life religious people do not bother me. Most of my friends are deeply religious. I don't let the "religious" in these people come between us and I rarely bring up my views although they are very well aware of them. This is the internet and I am addressing cartoon characters:lol::lol::lol: and the eyes of hundreds of real people. My two cents may really be like a one hundredth of a cent but it feels good to chip it in.

In the future distant or near I believe my view will be the prevailing one and even though belief in god will never entirely go away at least at some point it won't make law.

You're wrong about that as you are wrong about pretty much everything you opine on .

You're wrong about that as you are wrong about pretty much everything you opine on .

Huh? Did you just have a stroke?..does someone need to call 911 for you?

You are making no sense...

Its like you reach a certain point and someone somewhere pushes a button and the little chip they implanted in you turns off your brain.. whoah... creepy... :eek:

A rather unhuggy huggy, heh?

HUGGS ALL AROUND!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

THis may come as quite a shock but I have actual friends ..some of which actually like me!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Personally in my life religious people do not bother me. Most of my friends are deeply religious. I don't let the "religious" in these people come between us and I rarely bring up my views although they are very well aware of them. This is the internet and I am addressing cartoon characters:lol::lol::lol: and the eyes of hundreds of real people. My two cents may really be like a one hundredth of a cent but it feels good to chip it in.

In the future distant or near I believe my view will be the prevailing one and even though belief in god will never entirely go away at least at some point it won't make law.

Good to hear a lighter Huggy. I was looking through posts to see if any justified severe threats. Didn't see a one that even suggested you keep an open mind about God let alone forcing anything upon you. Was starting to wonder if you might be the secular version of an extremist. Let's hope not , heh?

I propose we change it to "One Nation Under Ra"

His light shines upon us every morning, this is undeniable fact.

No, we are still a nation under God. Simply because some of us choose not to recognize his Sovereignty doesn't mean He isnt there and we arent under His watchful eye.

The day when we as a people turn away from the Lord will be the day we are swept from the land. I dont think we are at that point, but we are heading that way.

That is the point of my opener - We, as a nation, do not adhere to the concept of your god any more than we, as a people hold to the concept of my god.

The day that we, as a people, turn away from the Christian God is already in the history books, assuming you believe that there ever was a day that we, as a nation, EVER worshiped with any semblance of harmony.

To think of the United States as "One Nation, Under God" is self delusional on the part of anyone who believes it to be true. The only way to add any truth to the phrase is to say 'One Nation under many gods'.

Who came up with the ass number of "at least 75 percent of the people would have to agree?"

That would be me. Yes, I pulled the number out of my ass, but the whole thread begins with my personal opinion, so I'm entitled.

What do you think constitutes an opinion so widely held that it could be considered a national opinion? 50%?

There is still no religious consensus, even for half the population, so the point is moot and 75% is an acceptable figure for making my thesis.

Forum List

Back