🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

One of my favorite Jewish movies.

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
A comedy gem and one of Wilder's best roles. Just got home from work and will watch it ... again ... before bed.

MV5BNzIyYzM1MDYtZDVlOS00MDQyLWE4YTItMzc5YTM4MTcyNzhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg

A comedy gem and one of Wilder's best roles. Just got home from work and will watch it ... again ... before bed.

View attachment 350498

Not bad but I'll raise you . . .

View attachment 350500

Different kind of comedy.

Harrison Ford plays an outlaw. John Wayne was originally interested in the part after reading the script. But, the producers couldn't afford him.

Wayne said, "I may not be in your movie, but I'll be the first one in line to see it."

Fiddler On The Roof is good. Kind of dated, though. Yentyl sucks. The Producers is great, though, funnier than The Frisco Kid. Anybody who thinks The Producers isn't a Jewish comedy is a hick who doesn't know squat about Broadway.

Crossing Delancey.

Funny and sweet and full of iconic New York landmarks, including The Papaya King, an old favorite of mine.

Bonus, I would pay to watch Amy Irving read the phone book.

Crossing Delancey.

Funny and sweet and full of iconic New York landmarks, including The Papaya King, an old favorite of mine.

I got on a subway train once, got off, and walked and walked all around that area.

I was in the Lower East Side just a year ago. Nearly all the Jewish businesses are gone. Or, at least, less obvious.

Crossing Delancey.

I got on a subway train once, got off, and walked and walked all around that area.

I was in the Lower East Side just a year ago. Nearly all the Jewish businesses are gone. Or, at least, less obvious.

I noticed that. It had been taken over by the Asian community. May have even changed since then.

The original producers is friggin comic masterpiece.....Ken Mars and zero the commie are just incredible

No idea what they were thinking on the remake

They made a remake? No way they could ever remake it and be nearly as funny as Mostel and Mars.

Actually, they made a Broadway version of the original movie in 2001.with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. The movie version of that play was made in 2005.

View attachment 350498
I actually remember that movie ...haven't seen in years

The original producers is friggin comic masterpiece.....Ken Mars and zero the commie are just incredible

No idea what they were thinking on the remake

When they picked Dick Shawn to play Hitler, I thought it would go downhill and get ruined from there, but he managed to keep it funny, which surprised me, and managed to make fun of stupid hippies and Hitler at the same time. Never was a fan of Dick Shawn, and he managed not to ruin the movie.

Forum List

Back