One of the biggest and dangerous failures of the Obama administration

The key to energy development in the future is fusion. ITER - the way to new energy

ITER- The world's largest puzzle
Interesting. They did not say, or I didn't hear, how it would produce electricity for use. This design just seems too complicated to ever be commercially feasible.
It's still 2 or 3 decades in the future. What they're building isn't a power plant, but a proof of concept. There's a lot of heat generated, which would be used to drive steam turbines, when it becomes commercial. The date predicted for a feasible system is usually circa 2050.

Compared to what is shown in the video conventional nuclear power is very simple. Can you imagine the cost of what they are building? It can't be built for commercial reasons it has to be something else, maybe just to say they can do it.

The key to energy development in the future is fusion. ITER - the way to new energy

Interesting. They did not say, or I didn't hear, how it would produce electricity for use. This design just seems too complicated to ever be commercially feasible.
It's still 2 or 3 decades in the future. What they're building isn't a power plant, but a proof of concept. There's a lot of heat generated, which would be used to drive steam turbines, when it becomes commercial. The date predicted for a feasible system is usually circa 2050.

same as global warming.
How so? No CO2 or other GHGs generated.

sorry, i meant it's the same as the date predicted for a feasible system is usually circa 2050.

there will be fish swimmin' in the streets of miami.

florida's gone fission.
clown-anemonefish-tentacles.ngsversion.1470600539619.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Compared to what is shown in the video conventional nuclear power is very simple. Can you imagine the cost of what they are building? It can't be built for commercial reasons it has to be something else, maybe just to say they can do it.

our military had made a tremendous successful use of nuclear harnessing. for a long long time.

Why can't they just put it on a cargo rocket and give it a one way trip into outer space? Seems to me that would cheaper than trying to bury it and then perpetually maintain the burial site.
Sending waste into space would be prohibitively expensive. It's much cheaper to bury it or, better yet, not generate it at all. That'll be one of the greatest benefits of fusion power, much lower amounts of nuclear waste.
let's bury it, then send it into outer space. it's a shovel ready government project.

our military had made a tremendous successful use of nuclear harnessing. for a long long time.

Been there done than, but the military is not run on a profit.

i'm sure you've pondered a non nuclear navy, the cost. was that your MOS ?

spending on the military, is one of the best uses of income tax.

i'm sure you've pondered a non nuclear navy, the cost. was that your MOS ?

spending on the military, is one of the best uses of income tax.
Actually we are getting off topic.

Bottom line, nuclear power isn't cheap.

Forum List

Back