Only a fool would own pit bulls

Snoop is the best dog we've ever had. He was raised with kids, and has been in our family since he was a tiny pup. He's been draped with scarves, hats, glasses, and multiple leashes by my grandkids. He's had ears pulled, poked, been rolled on, sat on, and his food stolen by tiny children.

But.

I. Don't. Leave. Kids. With. Multiple. Dogs. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.
I don't leave anybody alone with multiple dogs or with a dangerous breed. I would never own a put bull, rottweiler, or wolf dog.
Awesome. So you're scared of big dogs. Good for you!

I personally love my pittie, and I love rotts as well. Wolf dogs, however, are hybrids and I think it's a tragedy that they are bred and kept by people. It's wrong.
I'm scared of dangerous dogs that are liable to decide to kill me on a bad day, yes.

Your best bet is don't own a dog.
Bull. 90% of breeds will not under any circumstance kill me.

Statistically a dalmatian is the breed most likely to be aggressive.
Less likely to kill than pit bull, rottweiler, wolf dog, huskie, chow, or shepherd.
Naw, there's no evidence of that.

Per the CDC:

"The denominator of a dog breed-specific human DBRF rate requires reliable breed-specific population data. Unfortunately, such data are not currently avail-able."

Oh ouch.

"Considering only bites that resulted in fatalities, because they are more easily ascertained than non fatal bites, the numerator of a dog breed-specific human DBRF rate requires a complete accounting of human
DBRF as well as an accurate determination of the breeds involved. Numerator data may be biased for 4 reasons.

"First, the human DBRF reported here are like-ly underestimated; prior work suggests the approach we used identifies only 74% of actual cases.

Second,to the extent that attacks by 1 breed are more news-worthy than those by other breeds, our methods may have resulted in differential ascertainment of fatalities by breed.

Third, because identification of a dog’s breed may be subjective (even experts may disagree on the breed of a particular dog), DBRF may be differentially ascribed to breeds with a reputation for aggression.

Fourth, it is not clear how to count attacks by cross-bred dogs. Ignoring these data underestimates breed involvement (29% of attacking dogs were crossbred dogs), whereas including them permits a single dog to be counted more than once. "

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

Statistically a dalmatian is the breed most likely to be aggressive.
Less likely to kill than pit bull, rottweiler, wolf dog, huskie, chow, or shepherd.
Naw, there's no evidence of that.

Per the CDC:

"The denominator of a dog breed-specific human DBRF rate requires reliable breed-specific population data. Unfortunately, such data are not currently avail-able."

Oh ouch.

"Considering only bites that resulted in fatalities, because they are more easily ascertained than non fatal bites, the numerator of a dog breed-specific human DBRF rate requires a complete accounting of human
DBRF as well as an accurate determination of the breeds involved. Numerator data may be biased for 4 reasons.

"First, the human DBRF reported here are like-ly underestimated; prior work suggests the approach we used identifies only 74% of actual cases.

Second,to the extent that attacks by 1 breed are more news-worthy than those by other breeds, our methods may have resulted in differential ascertainment of fatalities by breed.

Third, because identification of a dog’s breed may be subjective (even experts may disagree on the breed of a particular dog), DBRF may be differentially ascribed to breeds with a reputation for aggression.

Fourth, it is not clear how to count attacks by cross-bred dogs. Ignoring these data underestimates breed involvement (29% of attacking dogs were crossbred dogs), whereas including them permits a single dog to be counted more than once. "

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf
Mumbo jumbo. I'VE never heard of a dalmatian killing someone. And yet, you hear of pit bulls doing it every month or so.

Snoop is the only dog I can CALL away from a fight. He will stop and wait for me even if the other dog is continuing to attack.
I would advise never trusting that to always continue to be the case.
He's 10 years old, older than my grandchildren. It will always be the case.

I had a saint Bernard for a while, as well. And I NEVER left children alone in a room with the two big dogs. Independently, they are perfectly trustworthy and kind. Together, they're a different thing.

My mom always said (and she's right)...if you have one dog, you have a dog. If you have two dogs, you have half a dog, and if you have 3 dogs, you have no dog at all. They are no longer individuals, they are a pack, and a pack of dogs is dangerous if you aren't the boss.

I look at it like this. A dog never started a war. Never had a dog shit me out of my money. A dog didn't pump bullets into those people at a church in Charleston. A dog isn't killing people in Chicago. I don't keep a gun by my bed because of dogs. If you want to see the most dangerous animal on Earth try lookin in the mirror.

Snoop is the only dog I can CALL away from a fight. He will stop and wait for me even if the other dog is continuing to attack.

I had a saint Bernard for a while, as well. And I NEVER left children alone in a room with the two big dogs. Independently, they are perfectly trustworthy and kind. Together, they're a different thing.

My mom always said (and she's right)...if you have one dog, you have a dog. If you have two dogs, you have half a dog, and if you have 3 dogs, you have no dog at all. They are no longer individuals, they are a pack, and a pack of dogs is dangerous if you aren't the boss.
I hope it will always be the case.

If you can't guarantee what he'd do when with another dog, how can you guarantee what he'd do when encountering another dog or something he interprets as a grevious threat to his territory?

I look at it like this. A dog never started a war. Never had a dog shit me out of my money. A dog didn't pump bullets into those people at a church in Charleston. A dog isn't killing people in Chicago. I don't keep a gun by my bed because of dogs. If you want to see the most dangerous animal on Earth try lookin in the mirror.
I agree, but humans aren't pets.

Snoop is the best dog we've ever had. He was raised with kids, and has been in our family since he was a tiny pup. He's been draped with scarves, hats, glasses, and multiple leashes by my grandkids. He's had ears pulled, poked, been rolled on, sat on, and his food stolen by tiny children.

But.

I don't leave anybody alone with multiple dogs or with a dangerous breed. I would never own a put bull, rottweiler, or wolf dog.

I personally love my pittie, and I love rotts as well. Wolf dogs, however, are hybrids and I think it's a tragedy that they are bred and kept by people. It's wrong.
I'm scared of dangerous dogs that are liable to decide to kill me on a bad day, yes.

Under "any" circumstances? You don't know much about dogs do you?

Under "any" circumstances? You don't know much about dogs do you?
I know plenty about them.

But.

Then stay away from them.

If you can't guarantee what he'd do when with another dog, how can you guarantee what he'd do when encountering another dog or something he interprets as a grevious threat to his territory?

You must have missed my comments. I said I would never leave kids alone with multiple powerful dogs. Did you miss that?

But.

Then stay away from them.
Hopefully you aren't out in public with that dog off leash or allowing the dog to escape your yard.

You must have missed my comments. I said I would never leave kids alone with multiple powerful dogs. Did you miss that?
But you'd leave them alone with one pitbull? I think you're rolling the dice if you do that.

But.

Koshergirl is correct to me on this one...

A Pitbull is as dangerous as the owner that own it. If a owner train the dog to be aggressive then it will be aggressive. Also having three aggressive attack dogs around a child is never wise and never leave the unattended no matter how well they act in your presences because you never know when something will happen.

The death of that child fall on the mother and not the dog.

But.

What some people call wolf dogs are huskies. One of the gentlest breeds. Huskies make excellent companions even for very young children and a noted for being able to sing to a baby until it falls asleep.

Pit bulls historically were nanny dogs and cared for children.

I was recently charged with baby sitting a friend's two year old. He was so active, I had to call a friend for reinforcements. She came over with her rottweiler and shepherd. They ran that kid ragged. The three of them finally fell asleep in a big pile.

I agree, but humans aren't pets.
I'm g;ad we have some common ground. No people aren't pets but are intelligent enough to know better. I've got an old female Boxer and a lab who were dumped on my property by PEOPLE they trusted. I'll trust them far more than another person. The sorry sons of bitches dumped them out in the rain and cold. We just got two puppies into a no kill rescue some asswipe HUMAN put out on my land. I'll trust the K-9 far more than a human anyday.

But.

What some people call wolf dogs are huskies. One of the gentlest breeds. Huskies make excellent companions even for very young children and a noted for being able to sing to a baby until it falls asleep.

I was recently charged with baby sitting a friend's two year old. He was so active, I had to call a friend for reinforcements. She came over with her rottweiler and shepherd. They ran that kid ragged. The three of them finally fell asleep in a big pile.
And some hybrids are actually 100 percent wolf.

I have no problem with huskies. But the whole domestic wolf racket is a nightmare, and pitiful for the canines.

We have an English Mastiff, I pity the fool whoever tried to harm one of our children if that hound is around. Loyal and obedient but a drooler and snores like a chainsaw

But.

You are a dangerous individual. You were extremely lucky things didn't turn bad.

Forum List

Back