Only a fool would own pit bulls

Snoop is the best dog we've ever had. He was raised with kids, and has been in our family since he was a tiny pup. He's been draped with scarves, hats, glasses, and multiple leashes by my grandkids. He's had ears pulled, poked, been rolled on, sat on, and his food stolen by tiny children.

But.

I. Don't. Leave. Kids. With. Multiple. Dogs. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Koshergirl is correct to me on this one...

A Pitbull is as dangerous as the owner that own it. If a owner train the dog to be aggressive then it will be aggressive. Also having three aggressive attack dogs around a child is never wise and never leave the unattended no matter how well they act in your presences because you never know when something will happen.

The death of that child fall on the mother and not the dog.

I have a neighbor who has 3 dogs untrained barking all day in the backyard. One is a big Shepard, whom I love.
But if a kid lost a ball over the fence and the Shepard bites him...it is the dogs fault......pisses me off

Snoop is the best dog we've ever had. He was raised with kids, and has been in our family since he was a tiny pup. He's been draped with scarves, hats, glasses, and multiple leashes by my grandkids. He's had ears pulled, poked, been rolled on, sat on, and his food stolen by tiny children.

But.

A Pitbull is as dangerous as the owner that own it. If a owner train the dog to be aggressive then it will be aggressive. Also having three aggressive attack dogs around a child is never wise and never leave the unattended no matter how well they act in your presences because you never know when something will happen.

I have a neighbor who has 3 dogs untrained barking all day in the backyard. One is a big Shepard, whom I love.
But if a kid lost a ball over the fence and the Shepard bites him...it is the dogs fault......pisses me off

I have a fenced backyard. But my dogs only go out when I'm there watching them, and I don't leave them in the back yard, ever. Just because.

But.

I have a fenced backyard. But my dogs only go out when I'm there watching them, and I don't leave them in the back yard, ever. Just because.
You are far more responsible than most pit bull owners.

We have an English Mastiff, I pity the fool whoever tried to harm one of our children if that hound is around. Loyal and obedient but a drooler and snores like a chainsaw

As a kid we used to own a German shepherd named Ginger. My mother used to tell me a story about a day when she left us children in the car with him as she went grocery shopping. A man in the store offered to help her carry her groceries to our car. As he saw the man approaching he got defensive, and started barking, thinking he was defending our family. In retrospect that dog was a cockblocker. :dunno:

We have an English Mastiff, I pity the fool whoever tried to harm one of our children if that hound is around. Loyal and obedient but a drooler and snores like a chainsaw

As a kid we used to own a German shepherd named Ginger. My mother used to tell me a story about a day when she left us children in the car with him as she went grocery shopping. A man in the store offered to help her carry her groceries to our car. As he saw the man approaching he got defensive, and started barking, thinking he was defending our family. In retrospect that dog was a cockblocker. :dunno:

Today your mom would be arrested for child neglect

But.

She's probably more responsible than most dog owners...

The dog is at fault if in the wild but in the career of a individual then the owner is the one at fault for their dog action and lack of training on the part of the dog and owner...

Been bit by a Shepard many times but never a Pitbull and been around many of them.

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing that. Funny how times have changed. I remember my mom letting me play outside by myself without fear that there was a pedophile around every corner. :lol:

I have many friends who own Pits and wouldn't own any other breed.

They don't interest me but many like them and have never had a problem with them.

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing that. Funny how times have changed. I remember my mom letting me play outside by myself without fear that there was a pedophile around every corner. :lol:
Pedophiles weren't protected in those days.

Yep, today parents have to be on constant alert

Bullshit! Today a Jared can go to jail. Garry Glitter died a free and rich man. Elvis... died on a toilet, but that's a different story.

Bullshit! Today a Jared can go to jail. Garry Glitter died a free and rich man. Elvis... died on a toilet, but that's a different story.

Back then they went to jail, too. And raping a child was a capital offense in some states...you'd get yourself dead.

Back then they went to jail, too. And raping a child was a capital offense in some states...you'd get yourself dead.

Molest one of ours and there is very real chance you will end up dead.

But.

She's probably more responsible than most dog owners...

The dog is at fault if in the wild but in the career of a individual then the owner is the one at fault for their dog action and lack of training on the part of the dog and owner...

Been bit by a Shepard many times but never a Pitbull and been around many of them.
A dog cannot exactly be faulted for its behavior. Fault is a human concept.

And pet owners walking their dog and a untrained/ unwatched dog charges

I actually had a dog attack my Lassie out of no where , this building contractor brought his dog to work everyday ( building my home), he hit the dog with a 2x4 to get him off my dog. My dog was never the same.. He could care less.

Molest one of ours and there is very real chance you will end up dead.

Are we talking about dogs or children? :eek:

And pet owners walking their dog and a untrained/ unwatched dog charges

I actually had a dog attack my Lassie out of no where , this building contractor brought his dog to work everyday ( building my home), he hit the dog with a 2x4 to get him off my dog. My dog was never the same.. He could care less.

I know, that terrifies me too, but I'm trying to get over it..Cesar Millan says you just have to be able to control your own dog. If you can do that, the rest follows. I've seen him walking a powerful dog in a neighborhood where aggressive pits are running loose...he stops, asserts his presence/space, and the other dog will leave without coming up.

Of course it could go the other way, especially if it's multiple dogs running. Packs of dogs are dangerous, I mean, that's the reality. If you're in a place where they are and you're walking your dog, you have to take that into account and prepare yourself.

Forum List

Back