Op-Ed By Vladimir Putin for the American People

Syria has admitted it has chemical weapons. It is now negotiating the removal of those weapons.

This a major development. A good one. A positive one. No matter how much smoke you useful idiots blow, you cannot avoid this simple fact.

We did not have to give up anything for this. We merely showed Assad our big stick and now he is saying, "Just don't hurt me."

It's takes a seriously deranged mind to call this a failure on Obama's part. All you pantywaists were trembling. Whining and crying and sweating. Bowing down before Putin, saying we shouldn't piss him off.

Now look. Putin's offering up Syria's chemical weapons. He lost face. He could not counter our attack. So now he has crumbled.

You lost, and are too retarded to even realize it. That's because you faces are still buried in Putin's crotch.

Just look at yourselves. Seriously. Look at yourselves. You are parroting Putin's rhetoric! Have been for WEEKS!

Reagan is spinning in his grave at light speed.

Exlain how this can be verfied.

Russia will lie.
Syria will lie.
The UN will lie.
Obama will lie.

I worked under UNSOM back in 93'. The only entity that could be trusted to keep to their word was the United States.

Key word "was".

Under the current administration that is no longer the case.

I have never in my entire life seen a president blatantly lie as the one currently in office.

Putin's insulting speech......dissing America like Obama wants to.......

what a sad embarrassing piece of Marxist shit we have in the White House.....

Last edited:
We got Assad to admit he has chemical weapons. That's never been done before.

We got Syria's chemical weapons on the bargaining table. That's never been done before.

All because we threatened to bomb Syria with a handful of missiles.

These are the facts.

Now the rubes will try to set impossible standards about the negotiations. As if their cluelessness up to now qualifies them to make even more idiotic statements about how the negotiations should proceed.

It is entirely predictable that if even one teaspoonful of chemical weapons is somehow kept in Syria, the nattering nimrods will cry, "FAIL! OBAMA GOT PUNKED!!"

:lol:

Now we like the UN after we said Fuck 'em and threatened to defund them? Now "with us or against us" is bullying after it was defended? Now we care about international Law after water boarding the fuck outta people?

What is this place and how did I get here?

Putin's op-ed is exactly the kind of thing I was concerned about.

He saves Obama's bacon in Syria, then lectures us on our arrogance.

Fucking Putin, of all people. With the world's lights shining on him.

Ouch.

Well as I said earlier, might help Obama, at least in short run:

Senators unite in criticizing Putin's op-ed on Syria

Senators unite in criticizing Putin's op-ed on Syria
Catalina Camia, USA TODAY 11:13 a.m. EDT September 12, 2013

Russian President Vladimir Putin's op-ed in The New York Times has accomplished something that's hard to do these days: Bring Congress together.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was succinct in a Thursday morning post on Twitter, calling the Putin column an "insult" to Americans. Across the political aisle, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Robert Menendez said he practically tossed his dinner.

"I almost wanted to vomit," Menendez, D-N.J., told CNN. "I worry when someone who came up through the KGB tells us what is in our national interests, and what is not. It really raises the question of how serious the Russian proposal is."

Putin says in the column that he believes a U.S. airstrike on Syria could possibly "increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism." At the end, he took issue with President Obama's remarks about American exceptionalism.

"It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation," Putin wrote.

McCain has said he is "extremely skeptical" about the Russian proposal for Syrian President Bashar Assad to hand over chemical weapons, but is willing to let the process play out.

Obama might be an incompetent, but he's our incompetent.

We got Syria's chemical weapons on the bargaining table. That's never been done before.

These are the facts.

Now the rubes will try to set impossible standards about the negotiations. As if their cluelessness up to now qualifies them to make even more idiotic statements about how the negotiations should proceed.

It is entirely predictable that if even one teaspoonful of chemical weapons is somehow kept in Syria, the nattering nimrods will cry, "FAIL! OBAMA GOT PUNKED!!"

Admitting to having them is not an admission of using them.

He's on record saying he didn't use them.

Putin's insulting speech......dissing America like Obama wants to.......but can't.......:mad:

what a sad embarrassing piece of Marxist shit we have in the White House.....

Weren't you shocked to discover that dick you've had in your mouth all this time was Putin's? I've been telling you and telling you, you have been parroting Russian propaganda being fed to you. Now it is irrefutable. Did you see the line about bombing Syria would be helping Al Qaeda? Putin shot his seed right down your throat!

You and Putin. A sordid love affair that is now out in the open. I hope you at least got a fur coat out of the deal!

These are the facts.

we already know Assad has chemical weapons.....who the fuck cares if he "admits it"......?

you are simply watching a show being put on by Putin & Assad.....they're buddies.....remember....?

Op-Ed Contributor
A Plea for Caution From Russia
What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria
By VLADIMIR V. PUTIN
Published: September 11, 2013 239 Comments

MOSCOW — RECENT events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is important to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies.

Relations between us have passed through different stages. We stood against each other during the cold war. But we were also allies once, and defeated the Nazis together. The universal international organization — the United Nations — was then established to prevent such devastation from ever happening again.

The United Nations’ founders understood that decisions affecting war and peace should happen only by consensus, and with America’s consent the veto by Security Council permanent members was enshrined in the United Nations Charter. The profound wisdom of this has underpinned the stability of international relations for decades.

No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage. This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorization.

The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria’s borders. A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism. It could undermine multilateral efforts to resolve the Iranian nuclear problem and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and further destabilize the Middle East and North Africa. It could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance.

Syria is not witnessing a battle for democracy, but an armed conflict between government and opposition in a multireligious country. There are few champions of democracy in Syria. But there are more than enough Qaeda fighters and extremists of all stripes battling the government. The United States State Department has designated Al Nusra Front and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, fighting with the opposition, as terrorist organizations. This internal conflict, fueled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

Mercenaries from Arab countries fighting there, and hundreds of militants from Western countries and even Russia, are an issue of our deep concern. Might they not return to our countries with experience acquired in Syria? After all, after fighting in Libya, extremists moved on to Mali. This threatens us all.

From the outset, Russia has advocated peaceful dialogue enabling Syrians to develop a compromise plan for their own future. We are not protecting the Syrian government, but international law. We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today’s complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos. The law is still the law, and we must follow it whether we like it or not. Under current international law, force is permitted only in self-defense or by the decision of the Security Council. Anything else is unacceptable under the United Nations Charter and would constitute an act of aggression.

No one doubts that poison gas was used in Syria. But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian Army, but by opposition forces, to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists. Reports that militants are preparing another attack — this time against Israel — cannot be ignored.

It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. Is it in America’s long-term interest? I doubt it. Millions around the world increasingly see America not as a model of democracy but as relying solely on brute force, cobbling coalitions together under the slogan “you’re either with us or against us.”

But force has proved ineffective and pointless. Afghanistan is reeling, and no one can say what will happen after international forces withdraw. Libya is divided into tribes and clans. In Iraq the civil war continues, with dozens killed each day. In the United States, many draw an analogy between Iraq and Syria, and ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes.

No matter how targeted the strikes or how sophisticated the weapons, civilian casualties are inevitable, including the elderly and children, whom the strikes are meant to protect.

The world reacts by asking: if you cannot count on international law, then you must find other ways to ensure your security. Thus a growing number of countries seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction. This is logical: if you have the bomb, no one will touch you. We are left with talk of the need to strengthen nonproliferation, when in reality this is being eroded.

We must stop using the language of force and return to the path of civilized diplomatic and political settlement.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government’s willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction. Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

I welcome the president’s interest in continuing the dialogue with Russia on Syria. We must work together to keep this hope alive, as we agreed to at the Group of 8 meeting in Lough Erne in Northern Ireland in June, and steer the discussion back toward negotiations.

If we can avoid force against Syria, this will improve the atmosphere in international affairs and strengthen mutual trust. It will be our shared success and open the door to cooperation on other critical issues.

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

Vladimir V. Putin is the president of Russia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?_r=0

Ronald Reagan would tell Vlady to go suck an egg, pretty much the exact thing Obama has done to date. Here's the funny thing; without the threat of attack, Putin never would have offered up his plan to have Syria turn over their chemical weapons to the international community to be destroyed. So many of you are acting like Putin is this great savior when in fact he's trying to save his own ass. It's incredible that you cannot see this.

Putin has freely admitted that he is worried about a regional war breaking out if Assad is toppled.

AND that the chemical weapons would fall into the hands of al Nusra or the FSA.

I thought Putin put it quite simply and accurately.

"Sryia is a lot closer to Russia than Washington".

I'm sure the thought of Chechens getting their mitts on some of these weapons has caused him to act to find a diplomatic solution and to draw his line in the sand with the US.

Again, you must ask yourself one simple question; would Putin have offered up a plan for Syria to relinquish their chemical weapons without the threat of US military intervention? The answer is a resounding "no".

Why lie about it when the truth is out there? Why did have approval for Iraq, and the war in Afghanistan was a response to an attack, which made it legal.

we're talking about the UN...please cite where we had UN authority for invading iraq. i agree with afghanistan, but we still did not have UN approval. and the UN was not destroyed.

There were 17 UN resolutions that indicated that Iraq had violated the cease fire agreement. Did you expect them to make a declaration of war on Iraq?

According to high ranking members of the Bush administration the sanctions worked. Saddam was unable to rebuild his WMD program nor was he able to reconstitute his conventional army. He didn't even pose a threat to his neighbors much less the worlds remaining superpower.

Ya gotta give Putin credit though.

He sees how this country is eating itself alive and chose to use the idiot right for his own purposes.

Of course, the right falls right in line like the good little America-hating commies they are. And, they're actually proud of their own stupidity.

Syria has admitted it has chemical weapons. It is now negotiating the removal of those weapons.

This a major development. A good one. A positive one. No matter how much smoke you useful idiots blow, you cannot avoid this simple fact.

We did not have to give anything for this. We merely showed Assad our big stick and now he is saying, "Just don't hurt me."

It's takes a seriously deranged mind to call this a failure on Obama's part. All you pantywaists were trembling. Whining and crying and sweating. Bowing down before Putin, saying we shouldn't piss him off.

Now look. Putin's offering up Syria's chemical weapons.

You lost, and are too retarded to even realize it. That's because you faces are still buried in Putin's crotch.

You are a loon. Putin played Obama. There is no way to verify that all of the weapons will be turned over to Russia and destroyed. It's a Kabuki Dance.

You really are showing your ignorance. You don't even know what you don't know.

:eusa_eh:

Yeah, I don't know what I don't know either and you don't know what you don't know.

^ Know

:eusa_whistle:

Righties: Go Russia, Go Putin, Go Russia, Go Putin

demon-raise-roof.gif

U.N. Resolution 1441 authorized the use of Military force on Iraq.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No it did not. Even if the final round of inspections found that he was hiding massive quantities of WMD, or if they reported that they were hindered in any way, the resolution stated that the SC would have to reconvene to determine what to do next. It was specific on that point, otherwise several members would not have signed on. The US broke it word on to them on that.

Everyone knows that high level foreign policy negotiations are all just dumb luck. Obama just fell into this possible solution and had nothing to do with it. Putin offered to help persuade Syria to fork over chemical weapons because he feels sorry for us and our incompetent President.

He's only interested in peace, after all.

Way to go, nutters!

And, remember! Templar Kormac was the FIRST one to post this OP-Ed here! Shame on you for trying to steal his thunder!

we're talking about the UN...please cite where we had UN authority for invading iraq. i agree with afghanistan, but we still did not have UN approval. and the UN was not destroyed.

There were 17 UN resolutions that indicated that Iraq had violated the cease fire agreement. Did you expect them to make a declaration of war on Iraq?

According to high ranking members of the Bush administration the sanctions worked. Saddam was unable to rebuild his WMD program nor was he able to reconstitute his conventional army. He didn't even pose a threat to his neighbors much less the worlds remaining superpower.

Link?

Now that they can read Putin's own words, the appeasers can finally realize that dick they have had in their mouth all this time is his.

I told you fools you were being Russia's useful idiots.

Are you going to get up off your knees now, or are you going to continue to service his tool?

I think we all know the answer.

And the answer is that you don't know what you're talking about.

In your insignificant mind, you see Good guy Barry, and BAAD guy Vlad. And that's because you're a partisan douche. If you could let that shit go then you might actually start to think out of the box and start seeing how the real world works. Doubt it.

I explained how the real world works to you useful idiots in post 95.

Quoting another Vladamir I see.

Ya gotta give Putin credit though.

He sees how this country is eating itself alive and chose to use the idiot right for his own purposes.

Of course, the right falls right in line like the good little America-hating commies they are. And, they're actually proud of their own stupidity.

The only commie here is you bitch. The red in your boring Avatar speaks volumes as does the writing.

Let me summarize:

Power to the workers.
Power to the minorities
Power to the women
Power the the freaks and faggots.
Power to the government.

Now who is the commie here you insignificant little slug? If we poured some salt on you would you shut up?

Forum List

Back