"Opioid Crisis" Is it just an excuse to escalate/continue the failed War on Drugs?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Anyone who has researched the issue, knows Big Pharms OWNS the central government. As such they get protection from regulations and government prosecution, for their criminal ways.

It is laughable but also very sad, that government regulators move from positions in government to positions in Big Pharma. Much like those in government who move from Wall Street and big banks to positions in the treasury department. How does anyone think government will protect the American people, when this shit goes on uncontested?

Anyone who has researched the issue, knows Big Pharms OWNS the central government. As such, they get protection from regulations and government prosecution for their criminal ways.

It is laughable but also very sad, that government regulators move from positions in government to positions in Big Pharma. Much like those in government who move from Wall Street and big banks to positions in the treasury department. How does anyone think government will protect the American people, when this shit goes on uncontested?
Yes, this should make any American suspicious of the FDA. Is it really designed to protect the public from bad drugs (failed miserably, if so) or a shakedown organization?

Anyone who has researched the issue, knows Big Pharms OWNS the central government. As such, they get protection from regulations and government prosecution for their criminal ways.

Yes, this should make any American suspicious of the FDA. Is it really designed to protect the public from bad drugs (failed miserably, if so) or a shakedown organization?
The FDA like most regulatory agencies of the central government, should be abolished. Clearly they have failed in their mission. Nothing proves this failure more clearly, than the opioid crisis.

What is most ironic, is the central government works tirelessly to prevent the usage of cannabis for controlling pain, all for the benefit of a few huge drug companies and to the detriment of the American people. Cannabis is a relatively safe drug when compared to the deadly drugs, the FDA approves for Big Pharma.

It is a racket the Mafia can only dream of.

I know several people who have died in recent years from heroin overdose. I know of many more currently in danger of that from opioid addiction. They come from all walks of life. One is a second grade teacher who you'd never guess was an addict.

The epidemic is real. Sorry to inform you.

I have never touched heroin. Thank goodness i was smart enough to stay away from it.

I have never touched heroin. Thank goodness i was smart enough to stay away from it.
Me either. Even after major surgery I've only been on prescription opioids during the first day or two after. Then switched to Tylenol.

It appears that the "crisis" is caused primarily by prescription abuse, not foreign opiate infiltration, but Trump and his retarded AG, Mr. Beauregard are using the alleged crisis to continue fucking us all right up the ass.

It is a "crisis" though since the late 90's big pharma has been pushing opioids that are more potent and just as addictive as heroin (e.g. fentanyl) and they've coopted many physicians into this ludicrous scam. All done with the full approval of the federal government and the FDA which receives a significant portion of its funding from the drug companies.

It's just INSANE, the FDA which is *supposed* to protect the public from dangerous drugs stood by and knowingly approved drugs for sale that are up to 100x more potent than heroin and just as addictive and now the douche bags in Washington are shocked that opioid addiction and overdose deaths have skyrocketed? Washington basically green lighted the drug companies creating a whole bunch of new addicts using drugs that are far more deadly than heroin on people that trusted both the FDA and their own physicians.

... and now the drug lobby and the anti-marijuana dingbats in government are fighting against the use of marijuana in situations where it can be more effective and FAR safer than opioids.:eek:

To add insult to injury fentanyl is now being passed off as heroin by street pushers, which is a big problem since fentanyl is so much more powerful than heroin the amount required to cause an overdose is FAR smaller.

I know several people who have died in recent years from heroin overdose. I know of many more currently in danger of that from opioid addiction. They come from all walks of life. One is a second grade teacher who you'd never guess was an addict.

The epidemic is real. Sorry to inform you.
How many were ACTUALLY heroin, as opposed to heroin tainted with something else? (Usually Fentanyl.)

Opioids weren't a big thing when I was growing up,at least not in my circle of friends and we tried pretty much everything.

Fast forward thirty years ...the neighbor kid came home from college while his parents were out of the country several months back and the pool guy found him dead in the hot tub from an overdose.
The kid down the street is a 30 year old living with his parents and a he's a complete junky as are his buddies.

That I know of this many opioid abusers in just this small area sure makes the crisis look real.

Opioids weren't a big thing when I was growing up,at least not in my circle of friends and we tried pretty much everything.
The big "problem" opioids (OxyContin and Fentanyl) weren't approved by the FDA and made available on the market until the 1990's, 1990 for transdermal fentanyl, 1995 for Oxy and 1998 for fentanyl ( aka Actiq), prior to that the major opioids on the market were far weaker (morphine sulfate) and thus weren't a major problem before these high potency synthetics hit the market.

The big "problem" opioids (OxyContin and Fentanyl) weren't approved by the FDA and made available on the market until the 1990's, 1990 for transdermal fentanyl, 1995 for Oxy and 1998 for fentanyl ( aka Actiq), prior to that the major opioids on the market were far weaker (morphine sulfate) and thus weren't a major problem before these high potency synthetics hit the market.

I guess the 80's equivalent would have been heroin.
Which none of us ever did.

I guess the 80's equivalent would have been heroin.
Which none of us ever did.

The difference is that heroin wasn't legal (it's a schedule I drug), the legal prescription equivalent in the 1980's were natural morphine derivatives which are bad but not nearly as bad as the current prescription synthetic opioids (especially fentanyl) which are far (up to 100x) more powerful and thus end up causing a lot more overdose deaths than either morphine or heroin. What's even worse is that fentanyl is now being sold as heroin on the streets (street name "china white") and since the amount needed to cause an overdose is so much smaller than that of heroin you have junkies (and junkies in training) killing themselves accidentally with it.

Forum List

Back