Oracle Takes Over Tiktok

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Aother win for the Master! I knew he'd get them to comply. And, the head of Oracle is a pro-Trump conservative.

Oracle Corp. won the bidding for the U.S. operations of the video-sharing app TikTok, a person familiar with the matter said, beating out Microsoft Corp. in a deal to salvage a social-media service that has been caught in the middle of a geopolitical standoff

Aother win for the Master! I knew he'd get them to comply. And, the head of Oracle is a pro-Trump conservative.

Oracle Corp. won the bidding for the U.S. operations of the video-sharing app TikTok, a person familiar with the matter said, beating out Microsoft Corp. in a deal to salvage a social-media service that has been caught in the middle of a geopolitical standoff

Larry Ellison is almost as big a scumbag as Bill Gates.
He's an Open Borders, Global Slave Labor scumbag who has been begging Trump to allow unlimited H1-Bs.
My guess is that Larry knows it's a losing proposition and doesn't want Trump ranking him out.

I remember when I would dissect companies fundamentals and financials and Oracle had billions in cash reserves, and this was probably 15 years ago. It blew me away, I wonder if they still have that kind of financial pull.

I remember when I would dissect companies fundamentals and financials and Oracle had billions in cash reserves, and this was probably 15 years ago. It blew me away, I wonder if they still have that kind of financial pull.
They probably have a large chuck of the large and very large database market.
Irony...Bill Gates got Congress to approve of millions of H1-Bs and the Indians decided to use Java (not a Microsoft product) as a programming language and Oracle as a database as opposed to Microsoft's SQL Server).

It got to the point where Microsoft actually gave out their Visual Studio Development Suite for free.
By then, however, every non-Indian on earth had already lost their careers in software development and the Visual Studio lies in the dustbin of history.

So it's not being sold then?

Larry Ellison....

Eh... I don't think we know yet if it's a true ownership of Tik Toc.

It could be just like what many gaming companies do with China now... Take pretty much any MMO or multiplayer game that has a China version. The US company still owns the rights to the game, but they don't control the servers. They don't control the payments... They really don't control much of anything in the China version of said game.

Just here, Oracle is taking over where the Chinese government is doing. Oracle keeps the US information on US servers, and runs the servers/payments/commercials/whatever.

Remember when Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives were wailing about...

"Obama's picking winners and losers!!! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!"

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Remember when Republicans and other self-professed Conservatives were wailing about...

"Obama's picking winners and losers!!! Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!"

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Trump ha s not channeled government money to Oracle. Obama picked who received federal money, I know a lot went to the too big to fail businesses at the time. The feds have been doing that with corporate welfare for many, many, many decades.

Trump ha s not channeled government money to Oracle. Obama picked who received federal money, I know a lot went to the too big to fail businesses at the time. The feds have been doing that with corporate welfare for many, many, many decades.
It's always some flimsy excuse to justify doing the same thing you claimed you didn't like, even hated.

Rightwingers just make crap up all the time.

Don't you people have any shame?

It's always some flimsy excuse to justify doing the same thing you claimed you didn't like, even hated.

Rightwingers just make crap up all the time.

Don't you people have any shame?

How is it the same? How much federal money went into Oracle’s pocket?

Not one damn thing better change.

Or what? You’ll stop using it? Will they even care?

Because all of that money that these greedy folks couldn't wait to get their hands on will vanish. How about that? Make any sense to you?

Not at all. You said “Not one damn thing better change.” What did you mean? TikTok can change and there is not one damn thing you can do. So, you have not threat.

Forum List

Back