Oregon legislature passes bill to decriminalize heroin, meth, and cocaine

The war on drugs is a total disaster.

People who use drugs are a total disaster.
yeah, and all drinkers are useless. So are people that take pain medication. All useless.

I'm referring to the people who use street drugs.
Why are street drugs worse?
What about pot? Explain how pot is worse than alcohol and pres meds please

Alcohol is no better, and it and prescription drugs can be abused, thus costing society billions as well as destroying lives.

I knew once these fuckers here made pot legal, they would turn their attention to hard drugs. This is just the start.
This is Oregon for you, the deep blue cesspool.

Oregon Legislature Passes Bill To Decriminalize Cocaine, Meth, And Heroin

Oregon’s state legislature just reduced penalties for drug possession in a bill also intended to reduce racial profiling by law enforcement agencies.
H.B. 2355 passed both the House and Senate last week and reduces possession of illegal drugs to misdemeanors rather than felonies as long as the person in possession does not have prior drug convictions. According to a press release issued on July 7 by Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, the bill provides for “the reduction of penalties for lower level drug offenders. The bill also reduces the maximum penalty for Class A misdemeanors by one day to avoid mandatory deportation for misdemeanants.”

Oregon Legislature Passes Bill To Decriminalize Cocaine, Meth, And Heroin | Zero Hedge

I live in Colorado, and my impression thus far of the legalization of Pot is that it has been a good thing overall. I wouldn't want to have harder drugs legalized here, but I support the right of any state to deal with drugs as they see fit.

I agree, Pot/MJ listed as schedule I is absurd. The one concern is its long term effects when used by adolescents and young adults. See the note from the AAP (pediatric drs. assoc) in the link below. IMO meth ought to be a schedule I drug; the damage it does to users can be seen in mug shots taken over months, not years of chronic use.

Understanding Drug Schedules

Many things used long term and irresponsibly are harmful. If that is a reason for illegalization, then tobacco and alcohol should be illegal.

Alcohol and tobacco are no better, but that is not a good reason to legalize heroin.
However, the train is leaving the station and there's no doubt where were headed in this putrid society of today.

Not really.
Yes, really. Shows how much you know.
I know there are drugs absolutely everywhere and cartels are making countless billions every year. Good job drug war. :rolleyes:
I'll bet you do know where to get drugs but they are not "everywhere".

I guess the war on murder, rape, pedophilia, assault, etc. is a lost cause too.
Drugs ARE everywhere, prisons are overflowing, and drug lords are billionaires. Good job drug war.
And the reason why they are everywhere is because of people having the ability to make them at all to begin with. That right there is what needs to be stopped if it can be and once it has been stopped, there won't be anything to sell, use, or be in possession of in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wait! Are you suggesting that we somehow make it impossible for people to "make" drugs? If so, that is in the running as one of the dumbest post I have ever read.

Just as with cyanide some chemicals are dangerous for human to have access to. I don't think all these drugs (chemicals) should be legalized. Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol by a long way, heroin and other much more potent chemicals are not only harmful they are extremely addictive.

Witness the gigantic growth in the number of people dying from PRESCRIPTION opiates. This is an epidemic created by greedy drug dealers who weasled a way to sell opium legally.

If heroin was made legal tomorrow who here would run out to go try it? Anybody?

Yes, really. Shows how much you know.
I know there are drugs absolutely everywhere and cartels are making countless billions every year. Good job drug war. :rolleyes:

Drugs ARE everywhere, prisons are overflowing, and drug lords are billionaires. Good job drug war.
And the reason why they are everywhere is because of people having the ability to make them at all to begin with. That right there is what needs to be stopped if it can be and once it has been stopped, there won't be anything to sell, use, or be in possession of in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Wait! Are you suggesting that we somehow make it impossible for people to "make" drugs? If so, that is in the running as one of the dumbest post I have ever read.
I wasn't mean all drugs. I was only meaning drugs that are illegal.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I wasn't mean all drugs. I was only meaning drugs that are illegal.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Again, really stupid. There is virtually no way you will make it impossible for people make illegal drugs. You may make it slightly more difficult, but the end results will be an increase Street value of those drugs which will encourage others to get into the illegal drug making business.

Thank you for the kind words however. It is appreciated.

The war on drugs is a total disaster.
How so? Kept a lot of drugs off the streets.
It gave organized crime their power and brought about the rise of street gangs and all the associated violence. It also brought about the trampling of civil liberties - no knock raids, civil asset forfeiture, prison for profit, and corruption on a grand scale. It has given rise to a permanent underclass of citizens who have drug convictions and are unable to get jobs.
I wouldn't want a druggie working for me. It, unlike alcohol unless really abused, becomes their god. But pointing out problems don't make other problems look better. They take assets because those assets were obtained via the drug trade, makes sense to me. I've heard of a few bad cases but the solution is to fix them, not legalize drugs. China learned long ago what happens and modern leftists do not know history.

The Feds will not go along with this.
Lol...oh, they most certainly will.

They have to...they need the money

they see the tax profits from legalizing pot,
it was bound to happen, now, its just a matter of time
That's funny. WA legalized pot and Seattle is now trying to get an income tax going, this city is jacking up auto registration to fix the roads, a big push for more money for education (a favorite ploy) is ongoing. Where did the pot taxes go?

The Feds will not go along with this.
Lol...oh, they most certainly will.

They have to...they need the money

they see the tax profits from legalizing pot,
it was bound to happen, now, its just a matter of time
That's funny. WA legalized pot and Seattle is now trying to get an income tax going, this city is jacking up auto registration to fix the roads, a big push for more money for education (a favorite ploy) is ongoing. Where did the pot taxes go?

No one can remember what they did with the taxes or else they spent it on munchies!

This is a step in the right direction. The war on drugs has been a waste of tax payer's money and a strain on the prison system.

Forum List

Back