Our Government, Destroyer of Jobs

Its obvious you don't pay attention...listen, I am a hot head....so I'm sorry.....if you read the context of my comments, I am still waiting for a response about the 8 fucked up years with Bush...dereg, tax cuts, etc...didn't grow jack shit.

I can understand that. I'm one of them soulless gingers...

Well I'd been earning money hand over fist almost my entire life. I dropped $10k into computer investments in the mid-late 80's, I knew they were going to be hot shit, after that exploded I bought into oil investments "for diversity" and they exploded too. At the same time I flew up the nearest corporate ladder into management by the time I was 21, then quit to be a stay at home mom. I've been farming my talents out to the highest bidder as an interim executive for like 20 years. (Basically if I get bored or want to buy something I have my people call me up a job.) In 2008 I lost $500k and I've been on a slow bleed since. So, for me, ya know, Bush(s) year's? Just peachy. Obama years? Meh...

Now I don't think that is all Obama's fault, recessions happen and we knew it was going to drop at some point. We just didn't realize it would happen like it did, how hard it did. But that's kind of why I jumped shit over the mortgage thing - people taking mortgages they couldn't afford, ultimately killing the banks, huge mess. Plus that all ties into the irresponsibility thing we've got going on which irritates the crap out of me to b honest.

I can only recall one "friend" that lost their job, a younger gamer buddy in the twin cities; she was a waitress, but she didn't get along with her co-workers - basically it wasn't much of a surprise. She found another job with in a couple months, radio talk show - not a surprise there either, her voice is silk. I had some friends quit to do other things, but that was by choice so doesn't really count. I finally got my husband to go down to one job, but that doesn't really count either. So I mean job "losses" didn't hit "my kind," not even the 20 something gamers I know across the globe (or at least not that came up in our conversations anyway.)

Still, yea, I realize that people lost their jobs - recession, companies tighten down the hatches and toss all the ballast. I've had to fire more than a few myself at various jobs over the past 8 years. I'll even say that some companies freaked out and canned more than they needed to, but idk for me personally it was just about the stock market performance, and really other than going "dammit," it hasn't really "touched" me; hubby and I have a thing about making sure that we can live within the amount we actually /earn/ (vs relying on any of our investments.) Plus, I'm mostly sunk into oil and computers - take out electricity, then I might get concerned - but other than that I'm kind of... idk weather proof.

I've also mentioned it on here before, but it's really hard for me to "grasp" the high unemployment thing. There are jobs open everywhere up here, no one can pay min wage, haven't been able to for ages... My kid's graduated HS and immediately found jobs, like within a week or two, (they're 20 and 21 this year and making $25 & 27/h - my eldest got a $2/h raise last week \o/) My city petitioned to build sec 8 housing a few years ago in an attempt to lure in workers for our stores, there's new houses being built the yuppie neighborhood next to mine, building a new Elementary school on my street... idk everything up here seems good, not great like before the recession, but it's not "bad" either. Not enough workers has kind of always been a problem for my city, even in the big city, so unemployment is just not something I really see a lot of.

So I mean, did Bush's policies hurt me, or anyone I know, no not in the slightest. I don't think I made any more money under Bush than I did under say Clinton though... I'm not the "average American," I live where there are lot of capitalists and a lot of money - that is a really bad question to ask me heh.

Our Government, Destroyer of Jobs
“... Reince Priebus, the Republican National Chairman today said that 300K jobs ... aught to be expected every month ... and just a historical perspective:
- during the 8 years of President Bush (younger) there were 2.1 million net jobs created in the United States. Of the 2.1 million, 1.8 million of them were in the public sector ... that means there were 300,000 jobs in the private sector in 8 months, in 8 years rather, net ...
more jobs have been created in the United States in the last 4 years than in Europe, Japan, all the industrialized modern world combined. ...
70 years since WWII. 36 years of Republican presidents, 34 years of Democratic presidents. In those 70 years, there were 36.7 million jobs created under Republican presidents ... a little over half the time. In 34 years there were 63.7 million created by Democrats. That's 29 million more. You know, perhaps it's an accident once, or twice or what. But I mean at some point the Democrats ought to be comfort in the fact that they have been better the economy and job creation than have been the opposition.
It's 15 years since we've had 10 consecutive months of over 200,000 [job growth]. Just 15 years ago there was a fella from Arkansas ... there were more jobs created in Bill Clinton's 8 years than there were in Ronald Reagan's 8 years, and the 12 years of both Bush's combined. I mean 6 million more jobs created in those 8 years, ... policy does kick in, & is reflected in the results.” Mark Shields

"Our Government, Destroyer of Jobs"

The OP, the propagator of lies.

Stuph is one most lying bitch on this board. It's makes you get a shovel and throw Obiwan, Bear and Rabii excrement into her mouth.
This is all she does. Post all these lying BS. She think she is doing herself a favor. How can you sleep at night by posting all these lie?

Stefunny has zero idea HOW things work. She is a typical RWer that blames every minor downturn on Obama as if the world is coming to an end and gives him absolutely no credit as things continue to generally improve.

The real problem is that the girl is just stupid. She has picked a side and probably has no idea why. Now she whines on cue like the puppet she is and ignores the mountains of good news like the price of gasoline and the everyday advances we are enjoying.

There is nothing Obama can do to please Stefunny because she made up her mind a long time ago that Obama will fail.

Jobs? Stefunny...please.. You don't have a clue about jobs. You just repeat the tired and dishonest reports that ignore reality and paint a wishful picture of doom and gloom.
Stuph is in love with Obama. Anything happens in this country her brain and her buddies will blame Obama.
The Colorado mining disaster that happened this week. Rightwingers claim Obama went there at nigh and poke a hole.

Forum List

Back