Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

Solar in the UK is shit. In southern Scotland, it's shitter. I put my postcode into a website, and the orientation of the house to NESW, and after the lifespan of buying the panels, it would have cost me £1,800. So if I just stay with the national grid on fossil fuels, I'm £1,800 better off.

It might work in Americastan, but not here.
No one claimed solar was the best choice for every area of the world. You would have better results with wind and hydroelectric. Also biofuel and small nuclear.

Tax deductions are not subsidies.

Democrats and the Democrat Politicians misuse words all the time.

Why did you fail to give us the link. I know it is a loosely enforced rule of USMB, but in your case, follow the rules.

There is no link to the actual tax code in which you are calling subsidies. Why no links to the tax code. You realize the only way to understand a tax code is to read the tax code.

Link to the tax code. Or post the tax codes, not some asshole politician or reporter/activist calling the tax code a subsidy.
Lol!

Tax breaks are subsidies, elektra , you dope.

Subsidy
a financial aid supplied by a government, as to industry, for reasons of public welfare, the balance of payments, etc.

A tax cut is a financial aid.

Sorry, we were speaking about subsidies that were claimed to be given to Oil companies. The tax code is not a subsidy.

simple definitions, are no longer simple when you call the tax code a subsidy. Or when you call marrige john screwin john.

I guess the government has been subsidizing me, even though I pay thousands in taxes. I write off interest on my home loan, that is a subsidy, right.

You get subsidies as well, if you take the standard deduction or write off interest. Your tax deferred 401k must be a government subsidy as well
You're a fucking idiot. 🤣

Subsidy
a financial aid supplied by a government, as to industry, for reasons of public welfare, the balance of payments, etc.

Nice try, let me quote extensively from your link, so you can not worm out of this.

Nice, it looks like you wrote your own definition then linked to something that does not say what you are pretending it says.

You lied
noun,plural sub·si·dies.
  1. a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like.
  2. a sum paid, often in accordance with a treaty, by one government to another to secure some service in return.
  1. a grant or contribution of money.
  2. money formerly granted by the English Parliament to the crown for special needs.

Subsidy

Let me continue to quote your link, so we can all see you are a low life liar

SYNONYM STUDY FOR SUBSIDY​

1. Subsidy, subvention are both grants of money, especially governmental, to aid private undertakings. A subsidy is usually given to promote commercial enterprise: a subsidy to manufacturers during a war. A subvention is usually a grant to stimulate enterprises connected with science and the arts: a subvention to a research chemist by a major company.

Subsidy

How about more from your link, showing you lied

MORE ABOUT SUBSIDY​

What does subsidy mean?​

A subsidy is a direct payment made by a government to a company or other organization as a form of assistance.
To grant subsidies is to subsidize, and the process of doing so is subsidization. Governments that grant subsidies often provide them for particular industries, such as farming. The word is most commonly used to refer to such payments.
More generally, subsidy can refer to any grant or monetary contribution. More specifically, it can refer to a payment made by one government to another for a particular service, often according to a treaty.
Example: My company received a government subsidy to help expedite the manufacturing of healthcare products.

Nice try, let me quote extensively from your link, so you can not worm out of this.

Nice, it looks like you wrote your own definition then linked to something that does not say what you are pretending it says.

You lied
That is from my link, you fucking idiot! :auiqs.jpg:

Screenshot_20240114_113619_Opera.jpg

Subsidy
The government, taking thousands of dollars from me, allows me to keep just a little bit more of my money, money I worked for, earned, is a subsidy. That is pure bullshit and the idea of tyrants and lazy scumbags.

Synthaholic makes up the definition than links to website where we can not find synthaholic's definition.
Synthaholic, more like Liaraholic

How is subsidy used in real life?​

Subsidy is most commonly associated with government payments to help certain industries

You link, LIARAHOLIC, shows you are a filthy scumbag liar

That is from my link, you fucking idiot! :auiqs.jpg:
No where does that state that the money I work for and am allowed to keep, is a subsidy
Tax breaks are subsidies, @elektra , you dope.
Subsidy
No where does it state what you tried to say it does, unless you are so stupid that you have no ability to comprehend what you read

My hourly wage is a government subsidy, you are really an asshole.

No one had more money in their pockets from Trump's tax cuts, according to elektra. :laugh:

Oil corporations make payments to the government.
And if a government gives that oil company a subsidy, they make less of a payment to the government. Right?

How is that different than subsidies to solar, wind, etc?

No one had more money in their pockets from Trump's tax cuts, according to elektra. :laugh:
We have not talked about Trump or tax cuts.

We are talking about subsidies which are payments that the Government makes to solar and wind.

Now Liaraholic, is lying about what I have stated.
why must democrats resort to low life filthy lies, because they have no facts

thanks for the proof, again

Same link, dictionary.com:

1. Subsidy, subvention are both grants of money, especially governmental, to aid private undertakings. A subsidy is usually given to promote commercial enterprise: a subsidy to manufacturers during a war. A subvention is usually a grant to stimulate enterprises connected with science and the arts: a subvention to a research chemist by a major company.

Same link, dictionary.com:

yes, that is what is given to solar and wind companies

Nothing in there mentions taxes

And I already quoted your entire link, showing that subsidies are not the tax deductions.

Forum List

Back