Over 16.3 million Americans now carry guns for self defense, the murder rate dropped another 2.5%...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....as we keep telling anti gunners, normal, law abiding gun owners, people who carry guns for self defense...aren't murdering other people. Therefore, they are not driving the crime rate, the murder rate or any crime rate......

We now have over 16.3 million Americans carrying guns for self defense, and our murder rate dropped another 2.5%.....showing that the entire argument from the anti gun crowd, is crap....

Carnage, Continued

=============
We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Concealed carry permit number....
New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

I no longer carry mine for self-defense, as nobody seems to want to get froggy. Oh well, better to have one and not need it, etc.

I mostly carry it open and in plain view to piss off the liberals. But even they've seemed to become accustomed to the idea, so I seldom get into a discussion of why we have a Second Amendment.

Yes....as we keep telling anti gunners, normal, law abiding gun owners, people who carry guns for self defense...aren't murdering other people. Therefore, they are not driving the crime rate, the murder rate or any crime rate......

We now have over 16.3 million Americans carrying guns for self defense, and our murder rate dropped another 2.5%.....showing that the entire argument from the anti gun crowd, is crap....

Carnage, Continued

=============
We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

From one of your links:
  • A disproportionate share of gun homicide victims are black (55% in 2010, compared with the 13% black share of the population). Whites were 25% of victims but 65% of the population in 2010. Hispanics were 17% of victims and 16% of the population in 2010.
How many of you white Republican gun owners have personally gone into high crime black neighborhoods to reduce the homicide rate there.

Not a single one I'll bet. No real crime prevention from all your investment in guns.

The link credits the baby boomer generation producing young criminals and ties to gun violence from the illegal drug trade that peaked in 1993 and began a swift rate of decline which has slowed as all this conceal and open carry nonsense began spreading across the nation.

The baby boomer demographics effect on a decline in violent crime occurs similarly across western nations. Where more gun ownership was not a factor.

You lose again. You need to read what you post.

JGalt, post: 18153501
I mostly carry it open and in plain view to piss off the liberals.

Feel like a real man do ya? Your self professed reason for carrying a loaded firearm in public shows your purpose is to express political hatred.

That is irresponsible on your part making you more a danger to public safety than whatever you believe the good that could come from carrying that weapon.

I see you clowns walking into a McDonald's or something and my first thought is I hope this jerk is mentally stable and not in some kind of rage after his wife or girlfriend dumped his ass for someone that isn't also carrying a beer belly.

Carnage, Continued

=============

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

From one of your links:
  • A disproportionate share of gun homicide victims are black (55% in 2010, compared with the 13% black share of the population). Whites were 25% of victims but 65% of the population in 2010. Hispanics were 17% of victims and 16% of the population in 2010.
How many of you white Republican gun owners have personally gone into high crime black neighborhoods to reduce the homicide rate there.

Not a single one I'll bet. No real crime prevention from all your investment in guns.

The link credits the baby boomer generation producing young criminals and ties to gun violence from the illegal drug trade that peaked in 1993 and began a swift rate of decline which has slowed as all this conceal and open carry nonsense began spreading across the nation.

The baby boomer demographics effect on a decline in violent crime occurs similarly across western nations. Where more gun ownership was not a factor.

And just like other gun grabbers you don't understand the issue. The primary, the basic underlying argument of you and the gun grabber leadership is that you think more guns in more hands = more gun crime and more violence. The actual truth, the actual facts and 21 years of reality show that what you say is completely wrong. From the 1990s more Americans now own and over 16.3 million now carry guns for self defense...and the gun murder rate, the gun crime rate and the violent crime rate all went down.....which makes your argument for more gun control baseless and wrong.

We don't even have to get into wether concealed carry helps lower the rate, 21 years of law abiding people carrying guns doesn't increase the crime rate.

If we do get into concealed carry, actual studies show it does help lower the crime rate.

You are wrong on every aspect of the gun issue.

Feel like a real man do ya? Your self professed reason for carrying a loaded firearm in public shows your purpose is to express political hatred.

That is irresponsible on your part making you more a danger to public safety than whatever you believe the good that could come from carrying that weapon.

I see you clowns walking into a McDonald's or something and my first thought is I hope this jerk is mentally stable and not in some kind of rage after his wife or girlfriend dumped his ass for someone that isn't also carrying a beer belly.

As 21 years show, law abiding people carrying guns does not increase gun murder, gun crime or violent crime in general...you are wrong.

And the whole myth that normal people will become violent simply because they have a gun is something you anti gunners keep pushing. 90% of murderers have long histories of crime and violence...they are not normal people who just lose it.

I no longer carry mine for self-defense, as nobody seems to want to get froggy. Oh well, better to have one and not need it, etc.

I mostly carry it open and in plain view to piss off the liberals. But even they've seemed to become accustomed to the idea, so I seldom get into a discussion of why we have a Second Amendment.
I doubt you piss off anyone. Mostly you just make people roll their eyes at you and decide you are dumb.

2aguy, post: 18155823
As 21 years show, law abiding people carrying guns does not increase gun murder, gun crime or violent crime in general...you are wrong.

You can't know that. Too many variables. Gun crime and violent crime is in decline and you can't know how much lower it would have gone had the proliferation of millions of guns not overwhelmed our society.

Violent crime could be even lower than it is.

Gun buyers and sellers are responsible for the difference.

"Number of people carrying for self-defense"

Haha, what an absurd metric. As opposed to all those people who answered, "I carry because I have a small wiener!!", or, "I carry because i am a dangerous criminal who needs to be strapped", or, "I'm buying this for a convicted felon!"

You can't know that. Too many variables. Gun crime and violent crime is in decline and you can't know how much lower it would have gone had the proliferation of millions of guns not overwhelmed our society.

Nope....you don't get to change your argument. The anti gunners have been crying for the last 21 years that if Americans were allowed to own and carry guns, there would be more gun murder, more gun violence. That is the core, the foundation of their anti gun religion.

And it is a lie.

How do we know that the core tenet of their anti gun religion is a lie?

Because over the last 21 years......
we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Concealed carry permit number....actual study...

Haha, what an absurd metric. As opposed to all those people who answered, "I carry because I have a small wiener!!", or, "I carry because i am a dangerous criminal who needs to be strapped", or, "I'm buying this for a convicted felon!"

No, dipstick....we have actual numbers of 16.3 million law abiding people because you morons forced them to get permits....and that isn't even the actual number because a lot of states don't force Poll Taxes on the Right to carry a gun....the number is much higher than 16.3 million....

And as a result...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Nope....you don't get to change your argument. The anti gunners have been crying for the last 21 years that if Americans were allowed to own and carry guns, there would be more gun murder, more gun violence. That is the core, the foundation of their anti gun religion.

And it is a lie.

we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

No, dipstick....we have actual numbers of 16.3 million law abiding people because you morons forced them to get permits....and that isn't even the actual number because a lot of states don't force Poll Taxes on the Right to carry a gun....the number is much higher than 16.3 million....

And as a result...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

They self-identified that they are carrying for self-defense. Which is an absurd way to know anything, especialy considering the alternative answers would be self-incriminating.. You certainly are an excitable, angry little guy. Maybe it's best that you don't own guns.

And it is a lie.

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

And as a result...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

They self-identified that they are carrying for self-defense. Which is an absurd way to know anything, especialy considering the alternative answers would be self-incriminating.. You certainly are an excitable, angry little guy. Maybe it's best that you don't own guns.

You can't deny the facts, the stats, the truth or the reality...so you post, that.....

The core tenet of your anti gun religion is that more guns = more gun crime. 21 years, 600 million guns, over 16.3 million Americans carrying guns

gun murder down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

On top of that....Britain did what you want..they banned and confiscated guns....

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.
Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Your anti gun religion is based on a lie.

And it is a lie.

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

And as a result...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

You can't deny the facts, the stats, the truth or the reality...so you post, that.....

The core tenet of your anti gun religion is that more guns = more gun crime. 21 years, 600 million guns, over 16.3 million Americans carrying guns

gun murder down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

On top of that....Britain did what you want..they banned and confiscated guns....

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.
Violent crime on the rise in every corner of the country, figures suggest

But analysis of the figures force by force, showed the full extent of the problem, with only one constabulary, Nottinghamshire, recording a reduction in violent offences.

The vast majority of police forces actually witnessed double digit rises in violent crime, with Northumbria posting a 95 per cent increase year on year.

Of the other forces, Durham Police recorded a 73 per cent rise; West Yorkshire was up 48 per cent; Avon and Somerset 45 per cent; Dorset 39 per cent and Warwickshire 37 per cent.

Elsewhere Humberside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Wiltshire and Dyfed Powys all saw violence rise by more than a quarter year on year.

Your anti gun religion is based on a lie.
"You can't deny the facts, the stats,"

I didn't. I don't have to deny facts to say that :"correlation is not causation". But you would have me believe that while sociologists and economists study this issue and try to figure out why the crime rate has dropped, you have figured it out all by yourself, definitively. It's just absurd and embarrassing to watch. But hey, I guess that is what this place is for, right?

I have experienced a home invasion about 2 months ago. White dude beat my door in while we were in the bedroom. We met in front of my fireplace in the living room. I had the criminal at gun point and did not shoot him then and there on the spot since he had no visible weapon. However, I was within my right to do so. I told him to not move and I was going to hold him for the police. He made an abrupt move and I fired (2) rounds at him. He was not hit and is still at large. If I had not had a weapon it would not have been pretty for me and Mrs Geaux4it

I never ever leave the home unarmed. And I always have a pistol within reach while in the home

-Geaux

Carnage, Continued

=============

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

From one of your links:

This libertarian lived in East LA for nearly a decade. Does that count?

But hey, let's say the huge increase in gun sales and exponential increase in conceal carry have nothing to do at all with the drop in the violent crime rate. Let's say, for a moment, you're right.

So why bitch? Why is it "nonsense"? You've shown ZERO evidence that more conceal carry leads to more violent crime, so why do you care?

Carnage, Continued

=============

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

From one of your links:

Why would I? Quite simply: I flat don't give a shit anymore.

Forum List

Back