over loaded partion on SATA hard drive

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
c drive is overloaded to thepoint of crashing yet I still have mucho space and d drive (data).
I added an external drive and transferred pics music etc but still cant get c drive "healthy". I see where I have an option to convert to a dynamic disc drive. Do I want to go that route ?
thanks in advance.

When Win 7 was new I tried out the dynamic drive thing. After I deleted it all other partitions were also deleted. I had a big data loss due to programs that can restore partitions cannot handle HHDs with a dynamic partition.
At first, check your HDD for errors with programs. If errors are found, I would save all important data, delete all partitions to and reinstall Windows on a separate HDD, not on a separate partition.
On the corrupt HDD, create a partition including the space the corrupt partition included and leave it alone, use the remaining space of the HDD only.

Best Free Hard Drive Health Monitoring and Diagnostic Programs

When Win 7 was new I tried out the dynamic drive thing. After I deleted it all other partitions were also deleted. I had a big data loss due to programs that can restore partitions cannot handle HHDs with a dynamic partition.
At first, check your HDD for errors with programs. If errors are found, I would save all important data, delete all partitions to and reinstall Windows on a separate HDD, not on a separate partition.
On the corrupt HDD, create a partition including the space the corrupt partition included and leave it alone, use the remaining space of the HDD only.

Best Free Hard Drive Health Monitoring and Diagnostic Programs

Thank you, sir

One other thing to double check. Did you copy to your D drive or move files and folders? If you copied then everything you copied is still on your C drive and needs to be deleted from C.

Forum List

Back