P.O.W.'s aren't heroes?

How can any army worshiping republican vote for a man who believes the above?? Drumph still your man?

Which P.O.W are you referring to?

I'm sure it's John McCain.

Either McCain or the traitor Bergdahl....he wasn't no damn hero that's for damn sure

Was Bergdahl Afghanistan or Iraq? I'm sure that the OP though is referring to John McCain, who of course is a complete psychopath and Neo-Conservative lapdog.

Afghan

How can any army worshiping republican vote for a man who believes the above?? Drumph still your man?

Bowe Bergdahl was a POW and a traitor.

Fallacy of accident.

"Fallacy of accident."

Hey Clayton's meant to make the comments with his favourite word in :smoke:

Clayton uses the word "fallacy" as if its definition were "NU UH!" He's an egocentric psychopath who seems to think that anything he doesn't like is instantly a fallacy. On the other hand, I'm actually educated and skilled in the art of logic.
jones is also a pussy who will not defend the shit he says to others here,he just posts and runs off like a ....well a pussy...

Soldiers who fight for the Federal Reserve dont deserve our recognition.

If Trump plugs your border, then he is a hero, to millions of working and unemployed Americans.

"P.O.W.'s aren't heroes?"

That’s what the presumptive republican presidential nominee believes.

Trump is succeeding in making republicans ridiculous, inconsistent hypocrites.

Then by all means tell us what heroic deeds being a P.O.W. entails.

McCain volunteered to fly jets in a combat zone where jets were routinely being shot down and the pilots killed or captured. Any man who is willing to take such a risk and make such a sacrifice for his country is a hero in the minds of many.
Once becoming a POW, the individual has options that can gain an early release or special treatment. By all accounts of his fellow POW's, McCain refused those options and instead spent years in torture and torment with his fellow POW's. He chose to conduct himself with honor and followed the behavior expected from his fellow POW's and orders of his superiors.

McCain volunteered to fly jets in a combat zone where jets were routinely being shot down and the pilots killed or captured. Any man who is willing to take such a risk and make such a sacrifice for his country is a hero in the minds of many.
Once becoming a POW, the individual has options that can gain an early release or special treatment. By all accounts of his fellow POW's, McCain refused those options and instead spent years in torture and torment with his fellow POW's. He chose to conduct himself with honor and followed the behavior expected from his fellow POW's and orders of his superiors.

And he was drunk when he was flying the mission he got shot down on. Merely flying a mission is not heroic silly person. Heroism is KNOWINGLY putting yourself into a situation where you KNOW you might not come back. A good friend of mine repeatedly crawled into burning M113's during the Vietnam war to rescue injured soldiers. THAT is heroism. He received the MOH for those actions. Sitting on your hands in a cell is not.

Please note there WERE P.O.W.s who DID do valiant things, McCain wasn't one of them.

You can't back up you first sentence.

And he was drunk when he was flying the mission he got shot down on. Merely flying a mission is not heroic silly person. Heroism is KNOWINGLY putting yourself into a situation where you KNOW you might not come back. A good friend of mine repeatedly crawled into burning M113's during the Vietnam war to rescue injured soldiers. THAT is heroism. He received the MOH for those actions. Sitting on your hands in a cell is not.

Please note there WERE P.O.W.s who DID do valiant things, McCain wasn't one of them.
You can't back up your first sentence with a factual reliable source.
Judging whether a person is a hero or not is a subjective opinion. Your opinion is of no more merit or value than someone else's. Its value can only be judged by your own empirical experience or expertise. You show little of either.

So....volunteering for high mortality missions doesn't count as knowingly putting yourself into a situation where you know you might not come back? Refusing to trade intel for release from prisoner status knowing you will continue to be tortured and possibly killed, doesn't count as knowingly putting yourself into a situation where you know you might not come back?

You're a fucking idiot. And a rather big piece of shit, I might add, to talk trash about someone who is so obviously a military hero.

So....volunteering for high mortality missions doesn't count as knowingly putting yourself into a situation where you know you might not come back? Refusing to trade intel for release from prisoner status knowing you will continue to be tortured and possibly killed, doesn't count as knowingly putting yourself into a situation where you know you might not come back?

You're a fucking idiot. And a rather big piece of shit, I might add, to talk trash about someone who is so obviously a military hero.

No, it doesn't, and no mission was considered a "high mortality" mission. Where do you silly people dream this crap up? My wifes grandfather was a B-17 pilot during WWII and flew the Schweinfurt Regensburg mission, according to your metric he would be a hero. He doesn't claim to be one, nor do ANY of them who are still with us claim it. They point to the very real heroes and say quite clearly, "we were merely doing our job. But that guy over there, he's a hero".

There is a very old saying that i will paraphrase and that is, "you can tell the quality of a society by the quality of its hero's". Hero is a grotesquely overused word. And progressives who threw shit at Vietnam vets when the war was going on, are the first ones to call every Tom, Dick, or Harry a hero if they are on their side of the political spectrum.

McCain admitted he told the North Vietnamese everything they wanted to know when they tortured him. Every pilot in the Navy volunteered for the same kind of missions that McCain volunteered for. How does getting shot down make you any more of a hero than not getting shot down?

The bottom line is that McCain did nothing heroic. He didn't save any men or take a hill.

No, it doesn't, and no mission was considered a "high mortality" mission. Where do you silly people dream this crap up? My wifes grandfather was a B-17 pilot during WWII and flew the Schweinfurt Regensburg mission, according to your metric he would be a hero. He doesn't claim to be one, nor do ANY of them who are still with us claim it. They point to the very real heroes and say quite clearly, "we were merely doing our job. But that guy over there, he's a hero".

There is a very old saying that i will paraphrase and that is, "you can tell the quality of a society by the quality of its hero's". Hero is a grotesquely overused word. And progressives who threw shit at Vietnam vets when the war was going on, are the first ones to call every Tom, Dick, or Harry a hero if they are on their side of the political spectrum.

In the early days of the bombing campaign, the probability of a an aircrew member surviving his required 25 missions was almost zero.

I was making the same argument just yesterday. An American POW is no hero to Trump. He said exactly that. Shortly before he made fun of palsy victims.
George Washington and other incredibly brave and dedicated people held the office of President and now someone who belittles American POW's and palsy victims believes he should hold that office.
Disgusting.

I was making the same argument just yesterday. An American POW is no hero to Trump. He said exactly that. Shortly before he made fun of palsy victims.
George Washington and other incredibly brave and dedicated people held the office of President and now someone who belittles American POW's and palsy victims believes he should hold that office.
Disgusting.

And a draft dodger weeny at that.

Sounds like the real PW heroes were Japanese soldiers during WWII. Many killed themselves rather than become prisoners, is that the heroism Trump sees, or maybe a hero is one that has ingrown toenails and is deferred? Must we change the definition of hero because Trump is running for president?

Vietnam vets are still getting spit on by guys like Trump and a couple of posters here. At least the ones who were POW's are. They were so honored and respected, appreciated and viewed as heroes that in 1985 Ronald Reagan awarded every former POW dating back to 1917 a special POW Medal. It wasn't until Trump challenged what a hero was that folks like you see in this thread decided to spit on our POW's.

Sounds like the real PW heroes were Japanese soldiers during WWII. Many killed themselves rather than become prisoners, is that the heroism Trump sees, or maybe a hero is one that has ingrown toenails and is deferred? Must we change the definition of hero because Trump is running for president?

If I was in the situation of being captured and becoming a POW, I would certainly shoot myself before risking becoming captured. I would myself, personally, consider this the correct thing to do, I'd put a bullet in my head.

Vietnam vets are still getting spit on by guys like Trump and a couple of posters here. At least the ones who were POW's are. They were so honored and respected, appreciated and viewed as heroes that in 1985 Ronald Reagan awarded every former POW dating back to 1917 a special POW Medal. It wasn't until Trump challenged what a hero was that folks like you see in this thread decided to spit on our POW's.

So what did Bill Clinton do for Veterans? What has Obama done for Veterans?

Why are so many Veterans living on the streets? Why do so many Veterans with mental health issues not get better help or ANY help in some cases?

Forum List

Back