Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes. (for 4 weeks or more)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Depends - Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How are they going to fill those positions when people are absent for 4 months? Start hiring temporaries?

Good question - if I had to use FLMA I would not feel confident about my job going back. They would likely make your life a living hell. Not sure if they have to hold your same job or just one that is equal pay?
yo no se senorita

Err, the same thing they do when a person takes a medical or other leave of absence? Of course, they wouldn't let ALL employees vacation the same time.
We are talking months at a time.

So? I assume "family leave" is for a type of family emergency or something. Hey, if you want productive happy employees, you have to give an inch sometimes and give them perks!

How are they going to fill those positions when people are absent for 4 months? Start hiring temporaries?

Good question - if I had to use FLMA I would not feel confident about my job going back. They would likely make your life a living hell. Not sure if they have to hold your same job or just one that is equal pay?
yo no se senorita

Err, the same thing they do when a person takes a medical or other leave of absence? Of course, they wouldn't let ALL employees vacation the same time.

So? I assume "family leave" is for a type of family emergency or something. Hey, if you want productive happy employees, you have to give an inch sometimes and give them perks!
I know but that is an entire quarter of the year. That's a long time.

I don't see why the company should suffer for one of their employees misfortunes.

I don't see why the company should suffer for one of their employees misfortunes.

Good grief? Seriously? Glad you aren't my boss. ;)
Well its the truth. I believe in taking care of your employees but this is just full blown retard. I wouldn't even want MY boss to have to do this. And I work for him. lol

It most certainly is not! If my child was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo chemotherapy treatments, I would INSIST upon being by his side the entire time. Are you going to fire me?

Well its the truth. I believe in taking care of your employees but this is just full blown retard. I wouldn't even want MY boss to have to do this. And I work for him. lol

It most certainly is not! If my child was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo chemotherapy treatments, I would INSIST upon being by his side the entire time. Are you going to fire me?
No but I shouldn't have to be responsible to pay you for it.

Why not? I give a good portion of my life to make money for YOU. I think you need to be more grateful. Without your employees, you wouldn't have a business at all.

We are not slaves or robots. We are people/human beings who sometimes have problems we need to attend to. That doesn't mean you get to throw us away like so much trash. We employees made a commitment to you, and you need to do the same.

We are not slaves or robots. We are people/human beings who sometimes have problems we need to attend to. That doesn't mean you get to throw us away like so much trash. We employees made a commitment to you, and you need to do the same.
And that should be their right to choose, not forced. What if they cant afford to pay all their employees four months leave every year? They just gonna shut down?

And that should be their right to choose, not forced. What if they cant afford to pay all their employees four months leave every year? They just gonna shut down?

Why do you think it would be all of the employees every year? It's not vacation time. It is family leave. Nobody said you have to allow your employees to ABUSE it.

yo no se senorita

Currently this is what I offer in my company.
Passed your probationary period (3 months) you start to accumulate 2 ( 80hours) weeks vacation & 2 weeks sick time. After 3 years of service vacation hours automatically 12 days(96 hours). Five years service 3 (120 hours) weeks vacation. After 8 years etc. etc. / In the event of some especial circumstances you can take your vacation time & sick time at the same time / Paternity or maternity leave 6 weeks separate from vacation & sick time. / short (3 months) & long ( 5 years Sunlife Insurance) term disability which equal your net pay / 401k matching / 10 days paid holidays. These pretty much the standard in the industry.
Only difference is you can cash your vacation or sick time. And if business is good everyone will get bonuses. So why should I give them more perks?
16 weeks family leave is way too much and it's an abuse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back