Pakistan

Obama is going to drive Pakistan into the Chinese camp. Chine needs allies against India and Pakistan hates India. So for a couple goat herders we will risk causing irreparable harm to India, the US and the entire region.

This Is Pakistan's Answer to U.S. Drone Defiance

Pakistan already has a fairly close relationship with China. China and India have a competitive rift between them and so China say sides with Pakistan on the Kashmir issue even if they aren't too quick to give up stewardship of their portion of Kashmir. They are natural partners.

I don't see how this will cause irreparable harm to India though.

Obama is going to drive Pakistan into the Chinese camp. Chine needs allies against India and Pakistan hates India. So for a couple goat herders we will risk causing irreparable harm to India, the US and the entire region.

This Is Pakistan's Answer to U.S. Drone Defiance

Pakistan already has a fairly close relationship with China. China and India have a competitive rift between them and so China say sides with Pakistan on the Kashmir issue even if they aren't too quick to give up stewardship of their portion of Kashmir. They are natural partners.

I don't see how this will cause irreparable harm to India though.

China has goals that do not include a powerful organized and capable India, what better way to slow that down then to foment war between Pakistan and India?

We accomplish very little with drone strikes in Pakistan, we are pulling out of Afghanistan, it is foolish to destroy relationships with Pakistan over this.

China has goals that do not include a powerful organized and capable India, what better way to slow that down then to foment war between Pakistan and India?

My comments:

1.) I don't really see India and Pakistan going to war. Both are nuclear armed, and both would have a lot to lose. They have pretty strong deterrents. The sponsoring of non-state actors is the big threat in terms of physical security to me (terrorism, like the 2008 Mumbai attacks).

2.) I don't think that war between India and Pakistan would be in China's best interest either. Once again we are talking about two countries with nukes and China borders both, not to mention potential disruption to Chinese trade, violence spillover into China, or refugee issues. I don't see China pushing war with India either.

We accomplish very little with drone strikes in Pakistan, we are pulling out of Afghanistan, it is foolish to destroy relationships with Pakistan over this.

I actually disagree in terms of the effectiveness of drone strikes. We have really crippled Al Qaeda central with them an have crippled one of Al Qaeda's first affiliates Al Qaeda in Egypt (which is primarily located in Pakistan) with them as well. We have severely damaged the organizational capabilities and central command capabilities of the group. Unless Pakistan is willing to play ball more in terms of going after financial foundations for these groups and others (like the Haqqani Network) which are internal to Pakistan then the result of our ending of the program will be a swift rebuild on their part.

RetiredGySgt could you please explain to me why India has 3 Aircraft carriers and Russia/China only has one? something werid is going down there.

None of the Indian CVs are finished- 2 in 2018, refurbished russian 25 year old one soon. China's 25 yr old Russian one is a POS too, and nobody is going to war, fear mongered Pub dupes...

Pakistan seemed like it was never an ally anyway.

They never deal with the militants in the border areas near Afghanistan and they hid Bin Laden for who knows how long.

Forum List

Back