Pandemic Gooooooooood!

How can a person behold a sight if no persons are allowed to be there?

If a tree is beautiful in the forest and no one is there to see it, is it still beautiful?
I thought that SAME thing. This is just like, "If a bear defecates in the woods, did it REALLY defecate if no humans were around to be observe the defecation?" The answer would undoubtedly be YES, especially if you were to step in it............!!

As heretical as it sounds, nature is not intrinsically beautiful without mankind.

No species in nature, other than mankind, can appreciate beauty so there is no beauty in nature without humankind to objectify it.

As heretical as it sounds, nature is not intrinsically beautiful without mankind.

No species in nature, other than mankind, can appreciate beauty so there is no beauty in nature without humankind to objectify it.
How do you know that? Your premise is absurd that there is no beauty if there is no human to appreciate it.

Beauty

noun
noun: beauty; plural noun: beauties

A combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.
"I was struck by her beauty".

-- Oxford English Dictionary

The only species on Earth capable of aesthetic senses are humans.

Last edited:
"If a bear defecates in the woods, did it REALLY defecate if no humans were around to be observe the defecation?"

If trees are growing in the forest then something is defecating, or dying there. Life on Earth depends on death and decay to survive.

Damned humans annoy the animals. :rolleyes:

"One of the biggest lessons learned in this pandemic is that mankind is the most damaging of all the invasive species on this planet."

Letters to the Editor: A Yosemite with no people and only animals is a sight to behold
Invasive species?

What planet di mankind come from if not this one?

A point a biologist made while I was being trained to be a docent for California's state parks many years ago.
BTW long been a proponent of shutting down all the damn concessions, hotels, motels etc in our parks and driving that shit outside the park into the local economy. You could still, hike camp etc, but no more concessions, shops or any other commercial bullshit within the parks. Even park employee housing etc. should be relocated so no employee housing, gas stations or any other crap in the parks.

How do you know?
He-he, dumb little Johnny chimes in. Hilarious!
The 147 IQ boy with his usual inane reply.
He-he! And what IS your I.Q. again, Johnny?

Damned humans annoy the animals. :rolleyes:

"One of the biggest lessons learned in this pandemic is that mankind is the most damaging of all the invasive species on this planet."

Letters to the Editor: A Yosemite with no people and only animals is a sight to behold
Invasive species?

What planet di mankind come from if not this one?

A point a biologist made while I was being trained to be a docent for California's state parks many years ago.
BTW long been a proponent of shutting down all the damn concessions, hotels, motels etc in our parks and driving that shit outside the park into the local economy. You could still, hike camp etc, but no more concessions, shops or any other commercial bullshit within the parks. Even park employee housing etc. should be relocated so no employee housing, gas stations or any other crap in the parks.
I totally agree with you on this. The couple times I visited Grand Canyon National Park in the late 1980's and early 1990's, it was highly commercialized. The deer there were so used to people they came right up to you for food. This, of course, is not necessarily a good thing. There was even a huge IMAX theater on the outskirts of the park. It showed a film of the Grand Canyon as if you were right there IN the canyon. My girlfriend and I DID see this, and it WAS spectacular, but not nearly as spectacular as actually seeing the canyon itself, up close. We DID do this, as well, and it was quite breathtaking. This was my first trip to the Grand Canyon, and like my second trip there, something I will never forget.

Forum List

Back